Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing & excitement...

As I started dressing at ages 4-6, all I can say was I was curious then about both the feeling and look of the clothes on me (long tricot nightgowns with lace), and I could imagine myself as a girl. Emotionally role playing gender even then I suppose. Within dressing just a few times the ambivalence set in that I remember and continues to this day.

What started out as curiousity led to 'the' enduring question.

Only in early to mid teens did the sexual component kick in. Even then though, the the 'need' to experience myself as the feminine was the essential driving factor, and remains so to this day some 50 years later.

All I can say is that it has always been about an ongoing emotional and psychological desire with a strong sensual comonent.

Kate

It's always been an arousing experience for me. It never moved away from excitement to, as some say, expressing the "woman in me". I don't have a woman in me, just a guy who likes to dress up occasionally. I've always wondered why such excitmement started way before I had any awareness of sexual feelings.

Gurls will be Girls petrahughes's Avatar
    My urge to be Petra is exiting to me, and more achievable now than it was when i was a teen, due to my financial situation. I think about being Petra every day, and when I be become the girl within, I am all a quiver. I just love the feeling of being a female, but I am a naughty female !!! And my excitement usually gets the better of me by the end of the day. :@)

It's always been a turn on for me also. There has never been a woman in me, only a girly girl who loves the look and feel of nylon and lace against my skin, and the thrill of putting on makeup. The makeup alone can arouse me. Sure wish I could recall my very young days a lot better. Makes me wonder what type of person I would have been without the mellowing effect of crossdressing.
    After searching my lingerie drawers, I have come to the conclusion that they lied. Ruffles don't have ridges. At least mine don't.

For me it was sexual when i started at least i got sexually excited, but i think it was more then looking back on it, i had a need to dress like a girl, now some 50 years later that need is still there and it is not sexual at all it is relaxing. when i am dressed i feel whole and at peace with my self.

I'm a Lumberjack & I'm OK
    It's always been and still is a big turnon for me too. The sexual part used to be a much bigger part of getting dressed, but now I enjoy being dressed and staying that way for the entire day when I can.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMissus View Post
    Being the 'vanilla' type married to a kinky guy, I find all this fascinating!
    Missus, there is nothing wrong w/ adding a little spice too a marriage. As I've always said, between a man and his wife, homosexuality, does not exist. It is a right, a perk, for a committed couple.

When I first started experimenting wearing women clothes was @ 10ish. Yes, it was sexually stimulating for me and since I didn't know otherwise, I assumed that why I enjoyed dressing. As the years and knowledge piled on, I realized that this "stimulation" was more than a sexual experience, it was a lifestyle, a state of being. The sexual part of it became more of a partial highlight instead of "the highlight" of my dressing experience. I put it on the shelf @ 15 when "other" things started occupying my interests and time. Then @ middle of last year, it hit me like water from a bursted Dam. I wanted to experience it all. Now, it is just another part of me like anything else. It causes an arousal still but, it's more of an inner feelings arousal, if that makes any sense. Just my two bits.
    Last edited by MysticLady; 10-10-2013 at 10:46 AM.

Banned Read only
    It was always about the dressing and there has always been an arousal factor. It is somewhat different now because I am attracted to the girl in the mirror and I have the comfort factor now that I didn't have when I was young. I am accepting of my dressing and who I am and I have a relationship with myself and my wife where as I don't have to feel ashamed

While dressing has morphed into something a little more for me it is still highly sexual. I am a late bloomer and only started dressing 6 years ago.

Depends..Bangalore, Delhi, Wash DC, Kabul..
    Victoriana dear..seems u r very young or kinda new to dressing...
    Most of us CDs particularly have the same "story"..
    I for one started if i remember correctly when i was perhaps 12 or 13..when i sneaked my mom's bra & a slinky scarf into the bathroom & tried it on..thereafter it is once i became independent at about 21/22 yrs when i started getting my own wardrobe..mostly thru garage & Thanksgiving sales..thru out, whenever i dressed, i guess was for sheer sexual delight..and it continues to this day !!
    Well there is a diff in the surge of adrenalin rush that i derive now..the urge to be a perfectionist (in my own terms)..I've yet to lose the excitement from dressing, as u put it..n i don't think i'll ever lose that feeling !

I started off just wanting to know what it was like to be feminine. But then puberty... I don't know exactly how long it was mostly a fetish, but probably all my teen years into the 20s. There is still occasionally a little bit of a sexual edge that creeps in from time to time for sure but generally I just like exploring that part of myself more.
    - Natalie

P.S. that's what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R where eliminated.
    -Mitch Headburg

"If you think you think outside the box, you're trapped in one"
    - M.C. Paul Barman

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post

The OP may not have worded the question clearly (I suppose we can define "young" as toddler or teenager), but for how many of you was it sexual during the teenage years?
    Me! (raises hand). I did a little research on this decades ago and what I found may have changed by now, and I'm totally paraphrase what I remember.

"A family member may dress a little boy in some fem clothing to see how cute they will look. Or the child may out of curiosity try on something on his own. At puberty there tends to be a curiosity to repeat the feeling (from years earlier) of wearing female clothing. The result is strong, sexual arousal."

I'm sure this isn't true in every CD's case, but it is in mine. I remember wearing fem articles of clothing a couple of times when I was very young. But I sometimes wonder if there were more instances that I don't remember.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

When you are at puberty, breathing is exciting. So many will have dressed at one time or another and felt a sexual charge. I sort of think that some GG do the same early in life (we know they get "over it: quicker than CDs do). But like many above, the idea of dressing was long before sexual feelings. In my case early (teens) I didn't dress as much because, well there were so many other things that were "exciting". Then later after marriage and during college, dressing for sexual purposes increased because it was a quick and easy ... But those who continued after that get less and less sexual and more and more internally personal.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Don't recall exactly how young I was, but it started before puberty, before I had any idea what sex or a fetish was.

It has always been about two things, sex and sexuality. Sometimes more of the former, sometimes more of the latter. Just depends.

Regardless of where the pendulum swings between these two, it is always about having fun. If it was not fun, I'd take up fishing or golf

Hugs, Robin

When I first became enamored with "dressing" I did not even know there was such a thing as "fetish"; I just knew that I liked to wear women's clothes and shoes!

As a teenager it was"exciting" but that was not the "why". In fact, I preferred to not have that "excitement". As I grew older
    that "excitement" lessened and eventually disappeared. So, I am now able to thoroughly enjoy being en femme!
    Hugs, Carole

GG
    Quote Originally Posted by Ressie View Post
    Me! (raises hand). I did a little research on this decades ago and what I found may have changed by now, and I'm totally paraphrase what I remember.

"A family member may dress a little boy in some fem clothing to see how cute they will look. Or the child may out of curiosity try on something on his own. At puberty there tends to be a curiosity to repeat the feeling (from years earlier) of wearing female clothing. The result is strong, sexual arousal."

I'm sure this isn't true in every CD's case, but it is in mine. I remember wearing fem articles of clothing a couple of times when I was very young. But I sometimes wonder if there were more instances that I don't remember.

Funny thing is, this is also common for little girls - we also try on Daddy's shoes and draw on the handlebar moustache and pretend to be doctors or whatever else we are curious about. But we don't have testosterone to then bring back these curious feelings and emotions at puberty (I know I felt great comfort in my father's shoes and jacket for some reason but I never needed to do this past early childhood) so it's rare that a GG will form such a fetish. I mean, we can, but it seems to take more memorable or traumatic experiences to embed something in our sexuality. I think male hormones are just stronger and perhaps it's just easier for a horny boy to 'get off' on props and visuals and even feminine feelings he remembers as a young child.

This, of course, is only relevant for those boys who were typical boys who just felt curious and excited about girls clothing while continuing to feel and behave like boys. Those who were certain they WERE girls from an early age are most certainly dealing with a gender issue and puberty likely just confuses this for a period.

My H never felt like a girl and still doesn't. He can't even fathom this idea even when in full dress. He just sees the bimbo he created and thinks she's hot, lol.

For me I started dressing when I was about 13 or so...I was just drawn to women's clothing for whatever reason. It definitely became sexual through my teen years and twenties. Now the sexual aspect has settled down...but it is still most definitely there. I think it's more now me just expressing how I feel like a girl inside...so it's more of a mental thing.
    I want to be a girl - that's all.

Prior to dressing I was asexual, It always confused me why I didn't felt attracted to girls or guys even on High school I had absolutely not desire to chase anybody....it was easy to fill that void with lots of different things....I can't really describe the excitement I felt the first time I used make up and wig , it was like if I let loose the person that was hiding inside me all this time free to express many feelings including sexuality

I started trying on my sisters clothes when I was 4. And continued to do it off and on. I started to make it a bit sexual when I was going through puberty. But I was a mess of raging hormones then, what teenage boy in puberty doesn't make almost everything sexual at that point. After 16 or so when the puberty had calmed down it continued to be a part of me. Now I don't believe it is sexual at all. During my time of coming to grips with who I was and what my identity is I fought with myself wondering long and hard if it was sexual. But it has never really felt that way for me. I just want to be able to express the feminine side of myself whenever she wants to come out!
    Finally decided on a name! Lindsey

"Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure."
    J.K. Rowling

Woman first, Trans second
    I have days where it's all about fetishistic energy, and days where it's totally not about that. Interestingly enough, I don't have that many days where it's both.

The sexual component has always been there for me, at least since my teens, but over time I think it's become more consistently about sensuality rather than sexuality. There's something about the female form and presentation that is very sensual to me (I'd hope so, as a straight male), even when not presenting traditionally "sexy". I love feeling and projecting that way too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ressie View Post

Sounds familiar...

For me starting at puberty it was very much a sexual thing, I quit dressing for a year but always wanted to go back, ever since going back I feel like I really am Britney for at least one week and thats when i need to satisfy my urge to dress. Long story short, it still brings me sexual arousal but in a way that makes it feel right.

To crossdress still arouses me sexually.

In the beginning there was a sexual component. Now, many years later not so much. I just feel very comfortable and content with myself when I am dressed.