Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Do Sales Assistants Think

Platinum Member
    Hi Deebra, No matter what they are thinking when interacting with a SA, Never let them take control of the situation .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

But the big question is how does he know his bra size?
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 10-12-2013 at 03:32 PM.

I have only praise for the store assistants here in Sweden. In all of the stores and over all of the years that I've been buying clothes, they have always been kind and helpful and always let me try on any clothes I wanted.
    I'm always a woman!

There's no reason to expect any different range of acceptance from what you'd find anywhere else. I've experienced hostility and extremely helpful staff. My sales go to the latter.

I saw a post on one of the threads where someone praised Dress Barn associates and how welcoming they are for CDs. I went into a couple of different Dress Barns (en femme) in recent weeks looking for a particular item, and not sure I could afford it, until my third visit and I made the buy. On each visit I was shocked at how friendly they were. When I actually made the buy the clerk not only was fine with my appearance but she was really pushing their frequent shopper card and its benefits. I guess that's proof that some sales reps are perfectly accepting of us.

Now that is interesting, I will have to consider walking in there sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by julia marie View Post
    ...Dress Barn...On each visit I was shocked at how friendly they were. When I actually made the buy the clerk not only was fine with my appearance but she was really pushing their frequent shopper card and its benefits. I guess that's proof that some sales reps are perfectly accepting of us.
    Also proof that they realize that a positive experience now will pay off in many sales down the road! CDers love dresses, so they love CDers!

From what I heard, the sales quota for a Dress Barn SA is a hundred dollars in sales per customer. it's no wonder that they are so nice! I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with this, just that they have a vested interest in making our experience as pleasant as possible.

I love the experience but sadly (and perhaps, luckily) the nearest Dress Barn is in my no-fly zone. The next nearest one is 60 miles away which makes a visit there an event. Mimi and I had a great time trying things on and we both found something we liked!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I had a brilliant experience with a sales assistant in a lingerie shop today. When she came up and asked me if I could help and whether I was shopping for a gift I said, "This is a little embarrassing but I'm actually shopping for me." She then asked if I meant from their small section of mens' boxers near the front of the store and I said, "No", she just said, "Oh...well, that's not a problem, have a browse and I'll come back to help you in a few minutes". I asked if it would be okay if I used the changing rooms and she said that would be fine and offered to measure me. So I ended up having a professional fitting, and she suggested some other styles that might suit me.

Throughout the whole experience she treated me like it was the most natural thing in the whole world. I ended up buying two bra and brief sets, a slip and some silicone enhancers, and even joined their customer loyalty scheme. I walked out with a huge smile on my face.

It's tough to envision what could actually be running through their minds,I think we can help the situation out some by smiling and being upbeat though. I've noted the SA's at dressbarn to be super helpful also...I really like it.

I agree with Celeste. I try and forget bad experiences (comments, weird smiles, etc.) and go on shopping. This happened to me yesterday. In March I went into my local Macy's to but a LBD. Ended up leaving with two, a very nice SA the reason for this. Yesterday I went back there to get something for the approaching winter season. The lady remembered me and assisted me throughout the finding, trying on, and payment process. May cost a little more but the total experience more than makes up for it.

Bobbi

My feeling is, if I don't know someone and they don't know me, I don't really care what they think in this situation. I "browsed" women's clothing last evening in two stores dressed as a male.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    My feeling is, if I don't know someone and they don't know me, I don't really care what they think in this situation. I "browsed" women's clothing last evening in two stores dressed as a male.
    I agree. I have only ever shopped in male mode and I have always had positive expriences. I even went into a Payless today and tried on some women's shoes while in male mode and the associate was very courteous and even offered to help me find something I might be looking for in particular. She even commented on how nice a pair of shoes was that I tried on.

I have found that they are there to sell products. 90% of them don't care if you are a CD.
    In fact many have a great time getting involved with your purchase.
    Make sure you are up front and honest and don't try to say its for someone else.. you really look silly and they know you are not truthful.
    So don's start off with a "lie".

Buying bras for his wife? come on.. they know its for you.. get real
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 10-12-2013 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Merged- please use the edit button

When I go clothes or shoe shopping I'm dolled up to the best of my ability. I'm also pretty self-sufficient, so my only interaction is seeking assistance with a changing room and with checking out. Who really knows whether I'm pretty good at this or deal with sympathetic/well-trained SA's, but have never been treated as anything but another female customer.

Now, for services (hair styling, nails, makeup) I'm not yet a finished product so my interactions are as a dude in the process of getting dolled up. Here again, my experiences have been uniformly positive. I find if I deal with artistes with confidence, friendliness and respect I receive the same in kind. They won't say it, but I think the artistes enjoy the extra challenge. It tests their professional skills and offers variety from the same old same old. Hugs, Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by Janet Bern View Post
    Spot on! No husband in his right mind would even think about purchasing a bra for his wife if he's ever seen her shopping. I bet that the average number of bra's which a more or less typical GG shopper would try on in the changing room would be 5-6. Women are very, very picky about fit, support, and strap and cup comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by Janet Bern View Post
    I am sorry but I think this is a wrong assumption.

What about all those husbands whose wife is housebound.

There are some who may have been asked to get one for their wife for whatever reason.

Would you assume a woman buying boxer shorts is buying them for herself ??

Most sales assistants might try to guess but they cant be sure to be correct all the time.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

i dont care i'm a customer and spending money in there store

Does it really matter what they think, as long as they do their job and help you.

Silver Member
    "typical GG shopper would try on in the changing room would be 5-6"

I used to feel guilty if I tried on a few and didn't buy any, but after shopping many times with my wife and women friends I'm amazed at how many they try on.

Curious Member GenderCurious Andrea's Avatar
    To whom ever it may concer
    I have a very open relationship with my wife and have brought clothes for her on multiple occasions. And on that note she still has that bra and wears it quite often. And as for fitting you can measure your self easily enough It's not that difficult. I am not going to play the victim in this story I have just shared a part of my life to this forum and if you don't like it I'm sorry.

I have had some really positive experiences with SA's, and only a few negative one's (interestingly, while in drab, and they were no big deal). Couple of quick examples -

First makeover at Ulta - there wasn't a MAC nearby so I setup an appointment at Ulta. The technician was really attentive and did a lot of explaining during the process. I called ahead of time for the appointment and explained that I was CD. They set me up with a tech that had CD/TG experience. I gave her a generous tip. Oh - she also gave me a "shopping list" of what makeup/tools she used, and after the makeover she helped me find the items in-store. I ended up spending about $250 but it was so worth it.

Dress Barn - love this place. I knew from these forums about the $100 goal and on my first trip, in the back of my mind I thought "if this goes well I'm spending that with the SA." As a reference point, the SA was in her late 20's. She was so helpful, friendly, and respectful. It was a great experience, and on top of that - love the clothes here. They feel age appropriate for me and the style I'm looking for. I've returned again and she's remembered me, same experience, etc.

I had a SA at Victoria Secret compliment me (en femme) on my bra choice, saying "I have that exact same bra and it is my favorite!"

Over the years of shopping as jenny dressed from totally male to flamboyant female I have found for the most part S/A's welcoming and professional. I agree that how a shopper presents themselves has a lot to do with the interaction but they are there to preform a professional service to the customer.

On several occasions I have engaged in small talk with the sales staff and the topic of frequency of CD shoppers has come up, nearly all the answers has been the same, "Oh, there are a lot of crossdressed men who shop here!" So, maybe we are not as much a rare breed as we all think.

Be glad that SA's have reason to teat you nice, but do you really what to read there minds?
    There personal thoughts are just that, and there professional behavior is really all that matters.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Deebra,
    I'm #1 on your list and other choice do not apply to me. I have bought skirts, panties and slips and nobody has ever asked a question: why? What do they think? Of course I have no idea and don't really care. An elderly man buying women's things, so what?

I feel most do not probably care, I do not think I will be the first or last trans/crossdressing person they will see. If anything what is probably running through their mind is "How much longer till my shift is over".