Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Over The Road Drivers

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori B View Post
    ......I have a CDL with air brake endorsement,,,only because I have to road test them after I work on 'em ,I hate the new engines with all the Emission controls,,,,give me an ol' 8V-71 Detroit any day
    I drive a "Pete" with a real big "Cat"
    Now those "Cats" have sharp claws, and can pull the guts out of
    any hill with any load.
    Nope!!! I will keep my Putties, they Purrr very well.
    Rader

Engine discussions! I'm in! I'm mostly in Detroits and MB powered trucks right now. It sucks. Some of the hills I run up, I have to be down in 6th gear doing 20-25mph. I miss my Cat powered Pete. I also miss my hood and gears. I'm driving mostly Cascadia's with 10spds in them lately. Darn near like driving a cabover, there is no hood!

I never dressed when driving but when I crawled into the sleeper for the night I would put on my night gown

In an Enigma,surrounded by a Black Hole,inside a Conundrum
    Quote Originally Posted by artofbalance View Post
    Engine discussions! I'm in! I'm mostly in Detroits and MB powered trucks right now. It sucks. Some of the hills I run up, I have to be down in 6th gear doing 20-25mph. I miss my Cat powered Pete. I also miss my hood and gears. I'm driving mostly Cascadia's with 10spds in them lately. Darn near like driving a cabover, there is no hood!
    lol!......Cats are good,,,shame they got out of the on-highway business,,,guess the saw the light with meeting emissions ,,,,it's just was soooooo much simpler when there was linkage attached to the accelerator pedal instead of wires,,,you could actually fix something on the road instead of calling for the hook
    "it all unfolds before your eyes ,let Merlin cast his spell" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My last personal truck before I got out of the business was a Pete. 379, with american class interior, big sleeper, Cat and a 15 speed. I think that Cats are the best power wise, but very expensive for in frame overhauls. I was told, the reason Cat got out of highway use was because they could not meet emission standards. That's why they went back to off road and industrial applications. I was also told Peterbilt a truck for a man to drive, They might have changed that song if they had seen me dressed while driving. lol

Its nice to see that there are lots of girls here that are truck drivers. I just got into flat deck, and going to be running a freightliner I think. I'm just in training now, but run mostly everything but pipes. Our company doesn't want to haul them for the sake of safety. I was thinking when my gf comes with me to bring more girly stuff, else I think i'd be happy to bring my yoga (Lululemon) pants with me. Just sucks if I have to get out and go into the scale in case they want to do a quick check.

Driving late one night, wife was my team driver asleep in the back. I was wearing a dress when I came up on a scale, open of course, got pulled around because my IFTA sticker was coming off, I got out of the truck officer looked at me, pointed out the sticker told me to get it fixed and let me go. Boobs really do get you out of trouble.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Spent 40 years doing the truck driving thing and it was a good life for the most part.
    Had 3 of my own trucks hauling coal out of the strip mines in Eastern Ky to the coal yards from Ohio to Canada.Sometimes hauled dozers and other heavy equipment for the mines.
    Had a stint where I pulled a flatbed then a reefer or dry box.
    The last 25 years was for a retail grocery store chain. New truck good pay and was number one on the seniority list out of 80 drivers so I picked my runs and what time I wanted to go out.
    Never dressed when I was trucking other than girls jeans and shoes.
    The most fun I had was on the CB trucking up I 75 out of Tenn back to Ky. Had a Galaxy 73 V radio with the voice changer in it.
    Set it to sound like a female and screw with drivers all night. Went by the handle "Little Beaver". Maybe I talked to one of you big truckers heading north on I 75 around midnight to 4:00 am.
    Shiny side up greasy side down!!

Thirty years a bed bug hauler, long and short hauls, underdressed often, but that was it, had a helper along most of the time. But I did break down in L.A. once, took a week to get back on the road, great way to get time to shop is a strange city.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Takes a special kind of person to do the job thats for sure.
    Deff not a 9-5 job.
    Its cool that there are so many trucker ladies here.
    I never bought into the whole trucker look/ image scene.You know the western shirts or cowboy boots.
    As I look back now I would deff do the CD thing if I owned my own trucks again.

Thank you for sharing these stories; it shows that we can't be stereotyped and that we are from all walks of life. It must be nice to work alone and be able to wear what you want, when you want to!

Cheers!

Katy

Quote Originally Posted by Lori B View Post
    ......I have a CDL with air brake endorsement,,,only because I have to road test them after I work on 'em ,I hate the new engines with all the Emission controls,,,,give me an ol' 8V-71 Detroit any day
    Haaa! From pantyhose and skirts to Jimmy two-strokes...all without missing a beat!

I have a UK 18 wheeler licence as well lol
    Northern Monkeys versus Southern Softies My avatar is used by me with the permission of it's creator, Jason Thompson a wonderful American artist You cannot change me, though I can change the way I dress.

I'll definitely have to start stretching to look higher into those 18-wheelers that i drive next to on the freeway!