Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motivation to cd?

i had a thought in this vein... i think ggs feel unpretty some days and just want to throw on sweats and a baggy tee, rather than get dolled up and feel like "ugh i tried so hard and still look terrible!!" i don't think this means the desire to be dressed up and pretty is any less, but the discouragement wins out that day... any ggs have feedback on this?

*side note--i think ggs often look cuter than they realize dressed like this--damn them!!

To the OP: Maybe you're making too big a deal out of it? I'm sure there is no one with a pistol to your head forcing you to do the whole nine yards every time you CD. I've found that it's fun and relaxing to just toss on a wig, some outre' earrings, a bra and some forms, a dab of lipstick, and some casual girly clothes, and lounge around or work at the computer or whatever.

I sort of get what the OP was saying...but I'm not sure in the same way. I just sort of get discouraged because I have to work so hard to feel female...even though that's exactly what I feel I am. I would love just have the luxury of being a girl and just throwing on some yoga pants and top and tie my hair up and nothing else...but still feel totally like a girl. That would be the best.
    I want to be a girl - that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by StarrOfDelite View Post
    To the OP: Maybe you're making too big a deal out of it? I'm sure there is no one with a pistol to your head forcing you to do the whole nine yards every time you CD. I've found that it's fun and relaxing to just toss on a wig, some outre' earrings, a bra and some forms, a dab of lipstick, and some casual girly clothes, and lounge around or work at the computer or whatever.
    Starr, yeah, i think you're right, i tend to be hard on myself, i think i'll try that, (and stay away from the mirrors lol)

I definitely have similar thoughts. I guess the question I have with myself on the matter is: What am I looking to get from the crossdressing experience?

Sometimes all I need is to throw on a dress and a wig.

Nope!...I'm always ready and willing to dress!..Unfortunately, I can't now!

Hi Dela

Ive been the same way for months now, I just cant be bothered with the effort off getting all made up for 3-4 hours. Ive gone from dressing fully at least two nights a week to not dressing since 4 months, my wife has tried to encourage me but frankly I cant be bothered.

Platinum Member
    Hi Dela, I don't need any motivation to dress up but sometimes I'm just too tired .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    It may be as simple as prepping in a way that it takes less time. Without nails when pressed I can now change genders in about 40 min. This is down from 2 hours. When I can't transform completely I decide ahead of time how much physical transform will be enough to allow Tina to arrive mentally.

The best is not to rush but to enjoy every moment but sometimes that's not in the cards.

its hard to control it like idk. its just that i have a itch to get dress up again like i havent done it in a long time since i live with my grandma. but when i do thinking about it, i am finding diffrent ways of expressing who i am

GG weighing in here. While I understand that it does take more effort for most men to look "pretty", believe me it's not effortless for many women too! My workplace is casual, but I still have to wear makeup, do my hair, and wear decent clothes. I have a full time job, a teenager, two dogs, and work out a lot, so I don't spend a lot of time on beauty. I am not bad looking, but I am also in my late 40s and do not look fresh and pretty right out of bed/after a workout/after a day of cooking/with a cold, etc.

When I do go out for fun, I make an effort, although I usually do not have time to do my nails. I love it!

However, I do incorporate small things to feel feminine every day. I use girly shower gel, I have a Mia face scrubber thing, I wear earrings every day at work, I do not wear sneakers to work, I wear a thong pretty much every day. Maybe with the exception of earrings, you guys can do little things too to girl it up without going all out.

To the OP I would say find some quick ways to feel pretty and enjoy!
    Susan GG

Susan, Great advice! i'm going to try doing some quick things as you suggest and see if this gets me out of this funk.

I can understand it some times I will dress even though I'm not in the mood to just because the opportunity was there to do it. And if I miss the opportunity I usually regret it soon after. And once I am dressed it always feels good

I'm still trying to figure out why some people, including my parents, love to eat artichokes.

Love what Susan said about quick girl things to do for ourselves. Every time I cleanse my face with my Mary Kay product it reminds me of what my beautiful wife said to me. "Girls don't use regular soap on their face!" It is the nicest thing she ever said to me!
    Hugs
    Suzanne

Banned Read only
    Dela, it depends what your day is like. As Susan stated, it is not necessary to look like a million bucks all the time. Go to the mall and observe. There is a wide range of looks there, everything from slobs to dressed to kill. Today, I am en femme. It took me about ten minutes to figure out what I wanted to wear, get it out and put it on. So, here I am in a pretty black with rose pattern Venezia Jeans dress, black slip, black bra, black panty, black garter girdle attached to nylons, black heels and a grey wig. No make up. It takes too much time. As long as I do not put my face into the mirror I look great. I feel great. I always wear a dress. Today, I just finished making a pot of my famous spaghetti sauce, meatballs and Italian sausages. Being a woman or emulating a woman involves a lot of different things. And, while you're at the mall checking out the female dress to kill women and the slobs, check out the guys. The guys look the same too! Dressed to kill and slobs galore, especially the grossly overweight beer belly guys. Ugh!

thanks for all the replies, i've tried doing a few small things, as several of you have suggested, and its bringing a bit out of my drought! i might even go all out tomorrow, as i have some free time. i haven't done my nails or makeup in ages however.... do you think i will remember how to do it?