Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does getting read bother you?

I can't pass either so I just look my best and that's just going to have to do. When people stare too long, I usually stare back for a bit. Whatever

Nah, doesn't bother me unless its someone I know! (Not happened yet!)

I've been read enough times, was approached by a makeup girl selling stuff last time asking if I liked makeup! She was friendly though, and had a nice chat. I genuinely think young people round here aren't bothered. Shop assistants have been helpful and professional, I've assumed they're read me, but when they say 'lovely to have met you' I like to think that I've done a little bit for our community in how we're perceived.

I make a point of planing my outing to places where I will never bump it to some one I know.
    I pass fairly well most of the time as far as I can tell anyway unless I have to interact with some one for more the a couple of seconds. But I care less and less if I get read because I will never see these people again and they don't impact my real life so I am not going to let anyone rain on my parade. In the words of Dale carnage. Figure out the worst thing that could happen, accept it , then try to improve on that. So I only dress in situation that anyone who dose read me will never affect my real life. That reduces my stress and fear over being read so I can enjoy my girl time. My experience so far is most people don't notice , or don't care. And I'm don't let a few comments, snickers, or disapproving look ruin thing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Isha View Post
    So I just smiled at both of them, not a sarcastic rude smile but a friendly smile. The wife looked away in absolute horror but the husband smiled slightly nodded and went back to his apples.
    Isha,
    I had something similar happen years ago - totally read by an elderly 'old soldier' type, I smiled as sweetly as I could and he behaved like the absolute gentleman that he was - opened the train carriage door for me etc. as if I had been a GG. He wasn't fooled for a second. I doubt if he approved but...!

As for caring about getting read, the longer I CD the less it bothers me, so long as everyone behaves!
    Last edited by Judith96a; 10-26-2013 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Got the quote slightly wrong

Not entirely. I would prefer not to get read, however, if I go out en femme I have to accept that possibility. Some people can really bring you down with their rude comments, their stares and such...if you let them. It is unfortunate that our society isn't more open minded. As I learned long ago, not everyone will accept and like who you are. One has to be ok with that and be accepting and happy with who they are.

Ciara

Very interesting thread, I've never been out dressed, but have thought about it a lot. It is very informative for me to read this, thanks for sharing your positive as well as negative, experiences.
    Last edited by jessiejess112; 10-26-2013 at 10:52 AM.

Jessie White
    Getting read would really bother me. It's the primary reason for me not going out ever yet - it really would play on my paranoia. I don't want to be seen as a man in a dress, but a woman. This is where I struggle internally as I don't want to be a woman so why should I care about being read? I don't know the answer to that, I just know that I do fear it.

You went out and had a safe experience. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I've been read upclose so many times when I was out. I remember good and bad experiences but I've always made it home. Enjoy the experience and yes, you probably will be the talk of the dinner lol.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

Yes it bothers me but that's ok. I dress for myself. I look at it this way. As long as I get read then I have work to do. I don't want to be a woman in real live but when I'm dressed as Susan I want to look and act the part. It a challenge and a Damm hard one. I have made great improvements. My walk is said by many to be better than a lot of women's. The arms and up boddy are tough to get right. The best thing I could do is loose 30 40 lbs. Dressing up is just so Damm fun. I do only dress out of town.

Aspiring Member
    Not really bothered anymore by being read. I suppose we get used to it after a while. I have never had any verbal comment, disapproving facial expression, or even a stare that I am aware of...but I am sure I was read many many times...most people in public do not care... yes, it does dissipate as you go out more. Any one of the three listed above could happen my next time out....who knows...

Banned Read only
    I have learned to have thick skin! You have to in our world! I mean, come on! We are all a bunch of trannys! You can't let things like being clocled bother you! Just keep it moving girl!

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    If you're going, and getting read, and that bothers you, then why are you going out?

Gone to live my life
    Wow . . . when I started this thread, I had no idea it would garner so many responses . . . Thanks all for your shared experiences and thoughts to date.

Yes, as I go out more I am slowly getting used to the stares. But I have noticed (now that I look up and out vice down at my feet ) that most people don't even look if you just act naturally. Don't get me wrong, when people look or I interact, they know immediately but for the most part my interactions have been positive.

The other thing I noticed is that the stares are more "curiosity" than "rude" (albeit there have been a few rude ones). I think curiosity is to be expected as it is not everyday that most people see a CDer up close.

As far as not getting read, I gave up and just try to blend. If I get read (rude stare or curious) I smile now and go on with my business. The one good thing is to date nobody has yelled out "HEY TRANNY IN THE BUIDLING GET THE TORCHES!"

Hugs

Isha