Thread: Got blues?

Question Got blues?

When you're down and/or depressed does this numb the urge to crossdress? Or does it intensify it? What do you do in times like this?

I don't get down or depressed so I wouldn't know....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Just the opposite, when I'm feeling bummed out, or the blues - or even stressed, I'm more likely to want to dress.

I don't have the ability to get down, I am always "high".
    You have to be to enjoy life.
    To answer the question, most find solace in dressing when they are down and stressed.
    When they have other interests such as a new girlfriend, dressing is put on the back burner and even purging clothes happens in extreme cases.
    I warn against purging clothes, it is an expensive exercise and wasteful.
    Just put them away till your mood changes or you lose the girlfriend.
    Both will encourage dressing again and you can bring the clothes out of storage.
    Last edited by Beverley Sims; 10-17-2013 at 12:02 AM.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

When I'm depressed I usually get down on myself.I don't feel very feminine at these times thus don't feel like dressing.Fortunately this rarely happens and only lasts for a day or two.

Having been forced to return to my abusive family of origin, the last three plus years, and, now, that my abusive racist brother has nearly sut his arm off with a power saw, I am forced to have to help this abuser now, for a long time, until his arm and hand heal, I GET EXTREMELY depressed, angry, and feel trapped and punished by fate. Sometimes, like tonight, I put on a nice dress, hose and heels and wig, and spend the night in them. Other times, i feel like getting drunk, and feel like crying , or screaming, too. I was hoping to move away from here soon, but, my 93 yo old dad, seens to be living a lot longer, than i ever hoped, and now my cruel older brother, who still thinks he has authority over me, needs my freakin help, for months. I had a premonition, that when i moved back to here from Seattle, that i would. I came closer several times, to ending this. Hell, sometimes, i am too agitated, and angry from family toxicity, to even dress. I come from a horrible toxic family, without any real love. I am blue most of the time, and yes, sometimes dress up to feel relief.

Like Karren I don't get depressed.Nothing I know of could upset me to that point any more. Everything I do is pretty much my choice. Just the way it is Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aspiring Member
    Hard to be depressed when those garter straps are ticking my thighs.
    Dressing releases endorphins and endorphins are good things.

I actually mentioned it in another thread right now. I was feeling down this morning. I didn't even feel like crossdressing but I knew it would help and it did. My mood improved and I'm so much more relaxed.

In fact crossdressing and my mood is related. Last week I decided to dress in female clothes as much as possible. Only reverting to all male for certain situations. Under dressing mostly but sometimes like I am now very definitely feminine. The effect on my mood was remarkable. I had far more energy and enthusiasm. My wife noticed and commented on it. So for a few days at least I was happy.

But then it fell apart purely from an entirely innocent comment from my wife. I put the clothes away and the mood darkened. My wife noticed and wondered why. I told her it was something she said even though it wasn't her fault in any way. But I never explained further and she didn't pursue it.

So yes dressing does impact my mood. It's the only time I feel normal. I wish I could be permanently dressed as a woman.

You go to eBay, you shop till you drop and end up getting two gorgeous dresses and you are in heaven again.
    It worked for me just 10 minutes ago

But if its clinical depression then having suffered it myself you have my deepest sympathies.
    It’s so easy for some here to just say “I never get depressed” but they have never suffered clinical depression. They just think they are too strong to and so look down on people that have suffered through no fault of there own.
    If it ever happens to them then they will think a little differently!
    Last edited by suzy1; 10-17-2013 at 08:39 AM.

When I am stressed or down, I tend to want to escape in to Lexi and forget the real world for a bit

Being Tiffany just relaxes me so much. I don't seem to have a care in the world in girly mode and find this feeling very addictive

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I like "blues" music. Otherwise don't do "down" or "depressed". Even when I was unhappily married, I can't say that I was depressed.