Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Girls Jeans....What are they like?

Girls Jeans....What are they like?

What's the difference between men's and women's jeans as far as how they fit on men? Are they more comfortable? Do they FEM you any? If I am a 36/32 loose fit, what should I try in female equivilant? Thanks!
    "Boys can be Brides too!"

Women's jeans are a bit wider at the hip and pretty much go by dress size although the "cut" depends on where you get them from. Plus women's jeans are usually decorated more.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

IF you still have your 'stuff', learn to tuck or you will be uncomfortable and maybe visibly not femme.

Since women's jeans are meant for women, the inseam number is anywhere from 1" to 3" too short on a male body. You may want to visit LongTallSally.com for long lengths.

I have two pairs of Not Your Daughter's Jeans (NYDJ) and love them. They are lighter than Levi 501s and the stretchy material is simply nice to wear.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Silver Member
    All manufacturers of jeans for gals or guys DO NOT fit alike! Not only is there women's sizes, but also misses, juniors, petite, and full sizes. Add to that skinny, boot cut, straight leg, and cords. Most female jeans do have some stretch material sewn in, but also very small pockets, which is another reason gals carry a purse. If you know your guy size (waist and inseam) you can measure the female jeans , but it is best to try on before you buy for the fit you are looking for.

I will let others describe them, for me.....
    "Absolutely fabulous."
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Girls jeans are pretty much the same as boy jeans except a lot tighter! If you like tight clothes, which I do, then buy some and enjoy! It helps to have a sewing machine and be able to make simple alterations for better fit.

Lynn,
    Out of necessity I have had to learn to use a sewing machine to taper my jeans.
    Yep! I have skinny legs.
    At least "super skinny" jeans fit without adjustment.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I'm with Miki. Not Your Daughters Jeans are fab. I have found them on sale as low as $99. Worth every penny.

i love my girl skinny jeans they honestly are the most comfortable jeans i've ever worn i've been toying with the idea of trying to wear womens jean in guy mode if i can find a pair that won't stand out to much

They don't fem me..... I don't care what you do to them..... there's nothing even remotely feminine about work slacks made of rough blue cloth for gold miners 150 years ago....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

skinny jeans are great, try a size 14 as a start point.
    as others have said different manf, cuts and styles fit differently.
    i have no problem fitting into a size 12...but i have no hips.

for guy mode i have a selection of size 14 for him.
    sold off, given away all of the boy stuff.
    in five + years only heard one word and it was a older lady saying to her friend that i was in girls jeans, but then i was also shopping in the dress area of a major store.
    at first just buy some that are less fancy, aka: less bling on them.
    with mid rise waist line. low rise need hips to stay up.

been a long time that i have not been dressed in mens clothing.
    as loni or him.

brand makes fit and tailoring everything. I have a pair of Chic jeans from way-back-when that fit like a glove (ok they used to...) when I was a size 10. I have a pair of Faded Glory from wallyworld that are just fine for bumming around but are heavy (baggy) in the thigh area. I have a pair of Levi's from JCP that are really nice "goin out" jeans. I have a pair of Ropers that I still don't know why I kept them - so now they are barn jeans. Fit?...if I were a cow maybe....and they are all 14's

If you have never tried on stretchy fabric 'skinny' girl jeans then you need to get out and experience them. Yes, the fit is different, the feel of the fabric much smoother than plain old denim and the cut in the zipper area (down there you know not roomy at all. Way too many combinations and permutations; boot cut, low rise, flared, mid rise, etc. Just need to grab an arm load and off to the dressing room you go.

Have to disagree with Karren on this (sorry), but the new fabrics are not at all like the rough blue cloth of yore. Personally I love the softness of the fabric and, with a bit of tuck, love the smooth profile (down there). Also, they do hug your buns much better than the male product

Get yourself out to a department store and try on some different sizes and styles of women's' jeans. I don't know of any equivalency to men's' sizing particularly when the elasticity of the fabric is considered.

Personally, I'm sold on the skinny fabric. Just personal preference.

Hugs, Robin

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Just bought my first pair the other day, I'm 6"2 and had to get the long length in Jr size 17 they are just a bit slimmer than guy jeans but I doubt anyone would notice that much if I wear them out.

Jennifer. Same experience here. I've bought three pairs of size 14 skinny jeans. It's like the three bears story. The ones from Walmart are just bulky even after multiple washes in hot water and drying on hot to shrink. The ones from Old Navy (online order) didn't even button right off the bat. Third pair from Target (online) fit just right after a hot wash, and i love them. Advice to others: Same as a couple of other people have said, go in-store and try on as many as you can until you find a fit and style.

I bought a pair of size 14 long jeans at Wallmart for my 6' 2" tall 36" waist 34" inseam male body and they fit fine, probably could fit into a size 12. The material is soft and stretchy as others have said. Oh, by the way they were on sale for $9, what a deal! Bria

I love them softer smoother fabric the cut down in zipper area. They feel so encapsulating in the waist hips and taper into thighs gives me a nice fem profile. Also a nice butt just feel and look so good. If I wear control panties don,t need to tuck, the hold what little I have up inside where it belongs flat out of sight. I do have jeans with and with out, depending on occasion, and love both styles.

I've found a couple of brands that have little to no decorations on the back pockets. and I wear them in both female and male mode. No one has noticed yet.
    Depending on your height, you may need to shop for a long, not a regular length leg. I find I fall just in between longs are a little too long, while most regular are just a bit short, but there again it varies by brand, I have found regular lengths that do work.
    Check on line, as they will tell the inseam length, and it helps for finding the ones that are a bit longer. Oh, in in the 38" waist size at around 5'10" and I wear a size 16 to 18 depending on brand.
    Hope this helps, I generally don't talk about my size, for obvious reasons.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Girls jeans can have few or a lot of differences. They typically have a fuller tush, slimmer legs and often are strechy. I wear a 34/30 mens jean, and in womens I wear a 10 Petit. The petit takes care of the shorter leg. In a womans skirt, I typically wear a 14 because they ride higher on the waist (I need to work on that). I'm not much into the adornment, but I love the fit of the strechy slender legs. Actually Rock Stars often wear girls jean for the slender fit look. They typically ride lower on your waist also, but the high waists are coming back in slowly. Old Navy had different fits, Diva for slender hips, Girl Friend for fuller hips. They have another, I can't remember it. I personally like the Gloria Vanderbilt ones I get at Costco. Great tapered fit womens shirts also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

The last pair of men's jeans that I bought, 4 or 5 years ago were 36/30, and they were tight in the butt and loose in the waist. About the same time I got some women's 12 regular women's jeans that fit good in the waist and the butt. Length was also good. Since then I've found that size differs not only between manufacturers but also between different styles of the same manufacturers. As others have said, it's best to try them on.

As far as length, remember that women and men carry their height in different proportions. Men carry more of their height in their torso than in their legs compaired to women, women carry more of their height in their legs than in their torso compaired to men. Donpt be surprised if women's jeans are longer than you expect.
    Grace,
    Bobbi

"Talking is sharing. Listening is caring."

Alexis "Lexie"
    Most women's jeans will be tighter in the legs/butt. I'm a 34X32 in men's jeans. I only have one pair of women's jeans - Express ReRock jeans in a size 12 long. I love wearing them!!! I can almost get away wearing them with a men's button down shirt or sweater.

I've always been jealous as to how many different styles/washes there are in women's jeans compared to men's jeans. I'm glad to see more stores like Abercrombie and Express have expanded their selection with men's jeans. Used to be: I had to go to a high-end store like Nordstrom or Saks and look at brands like Diesel, 7 for Mankind and True Religion to get a variety of styles/washes. However, it seemed foolish to me to spend $150+ on a pair of jeans.

Like others have stated: try on a few pairs in different stores and see how they fit. It's all about comfort and finding the perfect pair that makes you feel sexy!!!

I wear a 36/32 in men's jeans and a size 12 seems to fit in most ladies jeans. I'm totally sold on them...not as saggy and the fabric is so much softer than men's jeans.. I found American Eagle to be a good compromise between style and price..

I've found women's jeans to vary in size from brand to brand, even different styles of the same brand will have a different fit and feel. Men's jeans are somewhat fuller in the crotch to accomodate the "bulge". Women's jeans are fuller in the hips and usually smaller in the waist. Also women's jeans contain a percentage of spandex which makes them stretchy and clingy at the same time. From the measurements you gave about yourself, I'm not sure which size would be best for you but my waist is 31 and my hips are 36 and a size 8 jean usually fits well. I also maintain a very tight tuck when I wear women's jeans because I want that smooth vee in front. You will probably have to experiment with several sizes before you make a final decision on the correct size.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Platinum Member
    Hi BB, The sizes change A 16W is real baggy in the seat But a size 16 fits perfectly.
    The woman's jeans have much more room for junk in the trunk ladies jeans do.
    I wear a men's 40X30 and 16s' fit perfectly.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by Ceri Anne View Post
    I personally like the Gloria Vanderbilt ones I get at Costco.
    That's where i just picked up 2 pairs last week. I wear a size 10 long. I have a 33 waist and a 34 inseam. They fit perfectly. I have a pair that's a size 12 that is a touch loose. I believe they are $16.99 a pair at Costco. Kohls wants somewhere around $30-35 a pair for the same jeans.