Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your own favorite dress, or do you switch favorites often?

Your own favorite dress, or do you switch favorites often?

My very first dress was my favorite...until i got the next one, and the next, then the next. I have about 25 dresses, and just gave two away. I really don't need any more, and i really can't afford any, even though i buy 99% used. A wise person said, "Happiness is not found in always having what you want, but in wanting what you have." I must say, that my dresses are hidden from view, but lately, i have hung them up to observe them, and I like everyone as my favorite one!

I have a tight black long sleeve mini dress that I think will always be my favorite

My favorite will probably and forever be the first one that I picked out by myself c:

My favorite dress went to dress heaven a long time ago.
    I still dream about it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My favorites are actually any I can dance freely in. If they swirl while I dance, all the better. Wish I'd had the chance to be one of Fred Astaire's leading ladies.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Cheerleader. Never changed.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I've got two favourites actually.

One is mine, a LBD that my wife bought for me last Christmas http://www.rebsweb.co.uk/images/Reb13022013g.jpg

The other belongs to my wife and I get to wear it when I like http://www.rebsweb.co.uk/images/Reb_1726_700h.jpg

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Banned Read only
    I have exactly one hundred dresses. That's too many! I know! I think one of my favorites is my selection of today. It's a short sleeve knee length Venezia Jeans black with red roses pattern and flutter sleeves. It must be my favorite since I have bought two on eBay. That's why I decided to make a word document to keep track of them and print out pictures. It's not the $$$, but, the space to store them.

One favorite one that i like that i keep going back to.

At any moment in time, my favorite dress is always the one I'm planning to wear the following day!

Like Alice T., I expect the next dress I'd actually purchase would become my 'favourite'.....until I plunged for the next one, and the next.......

For me personally, dresses unless they are specifically tailored to my measurements just don't work at all. No dress off-the-peg would cater for a sartorial 'ten-inch-drop', in my case 43" over 33", further distorted by even small forms at 45" up top. That translates into UK size 20/22 over 14/16, depending on the make, so dresses don't even start to fit anywhere.

I've tried halternecks, which don't cover my shoulders, worn with a shrug or bolero, but the halters are invariably far too short and don't allow the waist to get anywhere near mine, so long is my torso (difficult for my murderer to pack into a suitcase!), so it's an expensive call to the e-tailors for me.

I say E-tailors, because I'd never have the nerve to actually walk into a real tailor's shop to be fitted for a bespoke dress!

M.

I have one favorite dress that I purchased years ago off of Newport News clothing on the net years ago. I love that dress. For a while it wouldn't fit until I lost some weight. Now it fits again! I wore it again the other night. Now with cooler weather setting in I will have to put it in storage again to next summer.

Platinum Member
    Hi Alice, I have one black party dress with rhinestones and sequins that has to be my favorite.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I have around 75 dresses by now, and I like too many of them to really have a "favorite." I'd have to divide them up by favorite casual, favorite summer dress, favorite fancy dress, favorite maxi, favorite dressy...

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

I have a couple fav's... But alas I've out grown them,,,, need to find something in my new size... Also more closet space to hold them!

My favorite is one I had years ago. It was a cowl neck, long sleeve, chocolate brown dress with sash belt. It was the first I bought in person (in drab) at a local tall girls shop. It fit like a glove and was so soft and clingy.
    Of course I wasn't out then and it became victim to a purge.
    I do wish I had that dress now.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

All of them are my favorite. I try to give the ones that do not fit as well back to Goodwill and miss them as soon as they go.

My favorite is the one I'm wearing right now. Its a 50's retro style with a full skirt that is a couple inches below the knee. It has short puffy sleeve and a high collared neck line with a back zip closure. The color is either black or a very dark brown (its hard for me to tell) with very small muted red polka dots.
    My red petticoat flares the skirt just right.

Banned Read only
    I would have to say that I don't have a favorite dress but any of the dresses that my wife has bought for me or she has encouraged me to buy are the ones I am most fond of. I am also very lucky that I am able to keep all my dresses, tops, and skirts mixed among my wife's clothing. We share pretty much everything except for shoes and lingerie and nothing makes me happier than when my wife comes home from work and she is wearing one of my dresses and looking as sweet as can be.

While I have a few dresses, I mostly wear skirts and blouses. I don't have any favorites, I like some better than others, but there are no favorites.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

My fave was a cotton black dress that fit and showed off my figure perfectly. I adored it. I was in love with it. It felt amazing against my body while I was walking or dancing. Well, it felt amazing at all times actually. Then I found out my GF accidentally threw it away :0. I was devastated lol. I like to think she threw it away because I looked better than her in my favorite dress than she did in hers lol. Time to find a new favorite one now though

"Favorite" doesn't last too long on anything, including dresses! I guess my favorite car engine, is a Mopar slant six. My favorite dress right now, is a maroon brown sleevelss, a few inches below the knees, that is A line, and would really swirl nice, if i was dancing.

My best dress is a burgundy sweaterdress, mid line belt. From VS.
    That with tights, heels or boots, I feel great.
    [SIZE="3"]Amy[/SIZE]

My favorite is usually my newest one.

I have a lot of favorites. Summer favorites, winter favorites, holiday favorites, special occasion favorites and sentimental favorites!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]