Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing...A form of Rebellion?

Banned Read only

Crossdressing...A form of Rebellion?

Hi All

I was pondering the idea. Is crossdressing a rebellion from the normal drab everyday life we experience? Some of us w/ careers, families and responsibilities, Is crossdressing a form of a "jimmy Dean" in us? Since we can't just go out and be young and stupid again, or maybe, but in a more mild, subtle mannered way? Just a brainfart this morning that I thought I'd share and get some opinions on.
    Last edited by MysticLady; 11-05-2013 at 01:36 PM.

I would agree I think since it goes against the norms of society it is a form of rebellion. I am not sure what I am rebelling against but I am definitely rebelling when I CD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Not for me. My inexplicable drive to crossdress, if anything, is hindered by society's general distaste for it.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor186 View Post
    if anything, is hindered by society's general distaste for it.
    I would call this a ..........rebellion against their thought process.

I imagine for some it may be a form of rebellion. Especially those who are not trying to hide that they are male or those that are blending both genders. I just think that if you are passing as a woman, you are fitting into a social norm (or at least trying to), not rebelling. But since I'm in the closet, I don't know anything about rebelling.

Rebellion?
    Stop the world, I want to get off!
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

what's a rebel without a bras?
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

That's sure for me: I feel close to the Pink Block!
    Last edited by Frederika; 10-20-2013 at 11:04 AM.

Not for me, but YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticLady View Post
    I would call this a ..........rebellion against their thought process.
    I would agree with this if my crossdressing were a result of society's distaste for it. But my crossdressing has nothing to do with what society thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    what's a rebel without a bras?
    . A rebel with nothing to burn??

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor186 View Post
    I would agree with this if my crossdressing were a result of society's distaste for it. But my crossdressing has nothing to do with what society thinks.
    I agree completely, Taylor. I'm a closet dresser. Where I dress only for me. And, can dress stress free with absolutely no limits on what I choose to wear or NOT wear!

Society's views only inhibit my desire to go out dressed! Where I must dress to "blend" and meet others dressing standards. I would much prefer the freedom to go out dressed as I like. Much as natal women can and do!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Yes, I do believe it is a sort of rebellion against the norms, we as men have to deal with everyday!!

Jimmy Dean the late country music singer/sausage maker?

I don't think there's a single reason why people crossdress. I'm not sure we all know why we crossdress.

For those who go out as an obvious "man in a dress" it may be some sort of rebellion. For those who try to look and act like a female, I think there are other reasons.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I feel the same, though I do feel that some of the excitement comes from the taboo.

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    Jimmy Dean the late country music singer/sausage maker?
    I'm glad someone else caught that. James Dean was the rebel LOL.

CDing isn't a rebellious act for me since I'm a 'stay at home' dresser. People I know that are rebellious like to participate in demonstrations and such. That's not me at all.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Hi Victoria, Rebellion? No, but maybe for me it's more like hiding from reality.
    Stephanie

Yeah there is some rebellion against norms and expectations.
    Makes even simple tasks more interesting.... and the clothes aren't drab and boring.

Not in my case. Since a very early age I have desired to at least dress as a woman as often as possible. My current life is a lif long dream come true.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

For me it's not rebellion, but fulfillment of something that is a part of me.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Aspiring Member
    Part of my rebellion is an attempt to distance myself from being a man's man, which I am not. The more important part is that my wearing of feminine apparel is my outward expression of my partially hidden inner being.

Ineke

I would agree with the others, less of a rebellion and more of an expression of who you truly are.

Not just rebellion Victoria. It's a bit more complicated than that.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I wouldn't call it rebellion as much as I would non-conforming. I've always been a non-conformist of sorts and my crossdressing is just nother form of my non-conformity.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

It may be for some, but i would shy away from that definition myself. It's actually a long-term pet peeve for me. i've had "nonconforming" traits for decades now, wearing long hair and earrings since high school when it helped make me an outcast, and it was never out of a sense of rebellion. It was always just being "me"... if anything, i wished to be "normal", or failing that, have the definition of "normal" expanded to include me.

i think people are too quick to write off outcasts as being "rebellious"... meaning that they act the way they do to protest the status quo. i think relatively few people want to protest anything... they may want to CHANGE it, they may want acceptance, or they may value self-expression over acceptance... But rebellion for its own sake is hollow and goes against the idea of people as self-serving actors.

As a wise man once said, "I'm not anti-anything, I just wanna be free!"
    "You say, 'There's not a lot of me, left anymore- just leave it alone...'" (Tori Amos)