Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you plan on outing yourself this Halloween?

Tonya, the SHOE monster! rocketscientist's Avatar

Do you plan on outing yourself this Halloween?

I've got a cute little witch costume with all the accessories, including distressed fishnet hose, spider web earrings, mini witch hat, etc.. My concern is that I will pull it off too well to appear as a Halloween only dresser. I think if I do my own makeup and use my forms and everything it will be totally obvious that I am not new to this. I've considered the idea of coming out more and I think that if I'm gonna do it this would be 5he best time. Have any of you done this? What was the outcome? Was there any after effects? Just wondering.
    "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken" = Oscar Wilde

I'm not out to the world at large but mostly to selected frirnds and family.The key is to treat others with respect and they will show respect in return regardless of our particular propensity.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I would suggest doing what makes you most comfortable. On Halloween all bets are off and I doubt anyone will pay as close attention to the "does she or doesn't she?" question (beyond the week or so after the party)

Only if they are part of our community. We know when some one does it to well LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I was going to, but the wife pointed out that if I shave my beard off it won't have time to grow back before I do St Nicholas for several groups this December so I'll put it off til after the first of the year . I'll let every one know how that goes then, Bria

Most people wouldn't even ask who did your makeup. If someone doesask, tell them you had a neighbor, So or someone else help.
    A few years ago I dressed as Mimi (Drew Carey show) on Friday for a work party & Saturday for a friend's party. On Friday I said that my hair stylist did my makeup (slightly true, she did give me some hints). On Saturday it was after work so I lost that excuse, one of the guests asked me who did my makeup. I told her I was shown what to do the day before and she lent me the right foundation (that was true). Only thing else she said that she was jealouse how well I learned how to blend.

I go as a girl well presented to Halloween parties and I am expected to look good.
    Nobody thinks of me but anything as a man who can impersonate a woman well.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketscientist
    Do you plan on outing yourself this Halloween?
    Not in this neighborhood - too many children. Is it a good thing to “out” my secret life in front of the innocents? As far as I’m concerned, MtF crossdressing is an adult undertaking, since it implies questions of sexuality – inserting myself into a children’s celebration would be kinda creepy, if you ask me. I haven’t “gone out” on Halloween since the 6th grade, and, since then, I have had no need to express myself on the last day of October – adults should grow up, or at least pretend to grow up, and they should think about others, namely the children

As far as the opportunity of Halloween is concerned, I like the person who dresses up and “outs” himself/herself on November 1st…

Aspiring Member
    It can be too easy to out yourself if you really don't want to. Several years ago my wife and I went to large party at a restaurant. My wig and makeup was done well and I did all I could to pass well with no beard shadow showing. I think my feminine mannerisms showed. My dress was a simple long bridesmaids gown. I think many others saw me enjoying myself a little too much and kind of figured me out as if I had perfected the look and all. One guy even pulled me out onto the dance floor.

Cheryl
    Cheryl

I think it depends on the community or the neighbourhood to be honest. Some of my friends and neighbours know, but work don't - when I dress up for halloween etc they think i'm doing it just to get a laugh and not because i'm actually more comfortable this way.
    I have been planning my outfit for a while, I am not doing the standard witch etc this halloween, I'm going to do catwoman! I think I can pull this off http://www.partyandbeauty.co.uk/prod...tume-two-piece i've already purchased it and it does look good on me - even if I say so myself

This coming weekend on Friday night I may be outing myself a little bit. We'll see.
    I quit working for a big company about 4 years ago, and since have kept in touch with a couple people there. One of these guys and his wife have a Halloween party every year. I have always gone as a guy character. But this year I am going as a "school girl". I expect there to be 6 or so people there who I used to work with, and none of them have any clue that I cross dress. I am planning to do the best makeup job I can, so they may catch on. We'll see.
    Stephanie

As long as it takes to get home due to traffic on Halloween around here, who has time to dress!?
    DonnaT

I've done it many times. For me, since it is Halloween, it is a costume, so I do not use my forms, there are too many situations where people want to touch your breasts...for parties I do balloons or foam padding because its easier to explain and avoids heavy conversation, less risk of damaging them etc.. As far as dressing, I otherwise go full out being as passable as I can while appearing to be in costume. It seems to work well.
    Chickie

Banned Read only
    How I longed in the past to go en femme to a party. Sigh! It's always been doling out candy to little kids. Once I listened in on a conversation in my old office between two women. One explained that she had dolled up her husband, who is short for a guy, in one of her high school prom dresses and wig. Shave body hair and all. That would have been a cross dressers dream. I'm sure he had fun. I was envious. My wife's father also went to a Halloween party totally en femme. My wife and I encountered him and his girl friend. He looked terrible, but, he was having a lot of fun. My wife does not remember it. It suspect it was the non accepting wife of a cross dresser blocking out any images of inner conflict.

Just coming out to myself and my wife so I am not sure I am quite ready but Halloween would be the best time to really go for it all! I do not have any make up or shoes but......it is a very temping idea to get dressed up which I have never really done in the past to it is really a big step for me.

My wife thinks I outed myself last year at Halloween, although it was just to a stranger. We went to aHalloween party at the Hard Rock Cafe at Niagara Falls, she wore a costume and I just wore stuff from my closet. At one point our waitress asked why I didn't have a purse and commented that "it's the one time of year you can get away with it." This was what led my wife to say I had outed myself. I thought maybe, maybe not, it's kind of ambiguous. I didn't really care if the waitress or anyone else knew, thats why I picked Niagara Falls for our Halloween getaway.

I've never been to a Halloween party sadly. They are quite rare in this country even though we practically invented Halloween even though many people think it's an American invention. It's strictly for kids these days. No different this year but in any case I'll be in France anyway. I don't think they bother much with it.

Maybe one day.

Platinum Member
    I don't know if the uninitiated will be able to guess that a person is a CDr because they look too convincing. Its easy enough to simply say, I had a lot of help.

If you want to out yourself, however, by all means do. If you plan to come out, but have concerns about how your business or colleagues may react, then dress for Halloween, but make plans for a talk with HR before you come out formally.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Going to my best friend's place for a house party this year. His girlfriend is a huge Halloween fan. Anyway, gone dressed a a heavy metal groupie in a previous year and going this year as a spice girl. My guess is they know, but it really hasn't changed anything between us.

Well for me I try to be the best woman sexiest woman I can. And it does require help. I have no SO for now so it just me. One place for help with makeup is I go to the mac counter at dillards and let them do it and I get to watch and learn to. Last year was great. Went as wounder woman. Every thing was perfect except my forms and there tent with my skin. Met several new people. To get a good laugh if they ask how I did it I said I had a friend help me. Then at times I showed them my DL photo and we all laughed. An alcohol plays a big part. The drunker they are the better you pass so have fun with it. It was a country bar and I did dance (fore the fun of it) with 2 drunk idiots and while dancing I told them I was a dude. 1 was like oh and we finished the dance the other one did not beline me and bough me several drinks and ask me out. He was barely standing. This year it is a playboy bunny. Drink a little for the nerves and never turn down a drink or dance. But the mac counter is a big help and it was free and they had fun to. Thanks to the mac employees.

Two quick responses

I did have the occasion to dress in front of my friends en femme a few years ago. The hostess of our annual Halloween party just got her veil for her wedding back from the dry cleaners. She suggested I go as a bride and I could borrow her veil. How could I pass up that offer. I bought and had fittings for a bridal gown, I even convinced two male buddies to join me as my bridesmaids. None of them know about my cross dressing.

Second, I am out to everyone in my burlesque classes. We are planning a dinner out on the 29th, some have kids and will be occupied on the 31st. I plan to go out to dinner with them en femme. Look out world!

I say go for and have fun.
    Rebecca Bas

I was thinking of dressing as Barbara for Halloween, but then a GG friend of mine who knows all about Barbara pointed out that, Barbara is NOT a Costume, it is who I really am. So, I have an ALF Costume I think I will wear and hand out treats to the kids. It will still be fun.

Aspiring Member
    Have been thinking about it, to go out grocery shopping dressed as a woman. I have been playing it over and over in my mind about doing it and not just grocery shopping but actually going out to a mall and to a specialty store for woman to do some shopping.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Much as I wouldn't mind coming out to family, I have my wife to consider. She prefers that we stay low key on this, low key it is by agreement.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Nope, not coming out for Halloween or any other 'holiday'. However, I do plan to attend a CD costume party but do not consider dressing for this as 'coming out'.

Sometimes we get carried away because of the additional freedom we enjoy at this time of year. However, as noted by another girl, November 1 will certainly follow.

If you look great in costume, who cares how you achieved the effect. This I would not worry about.

Have fun.

Hugs, Robin