Thread: Going to the bank in fem clothes

Going to the bank in fem clothes

Today I was working from home as I had errands to run. I wanted to dress, but didn't have much time, so I just put on some comfortable female clothes, and didn't bother about makeup, forms, wig etc. The outfit was girl's skinny jeans, a lilac tank top with a denim coloured shirt over it and male red and grey sandals that could really be worn by either gender. I suddenly realised it was late and I needed to go to the bank, so I thought - why change, I'll just go as I am.

I had to walk through the shopping centre to get to the bank. Most people didn't notice me, but a few looked at me for longer than normal as I passed by. I stood in the queue at the bank, where I felt a bit uneasy. The jeans really hug my butt and while I like the look and feel of them, I didn't want to attract the wrong sort of attention.

I had to draw a bank cheque. The teller was quite polite but seemed a little ill at ease. I got the cheque, thanked her and left. When I got to my car I thought I'd better verify that the cheque was correct. I noticed that it was unsigned and thought that a little odd. Maybe they don't require signatures anymore? I decided that I'd better go back in to check, otherwise I might be trying to pay with a worthless piece of paper. The queue had grown much longer and now I felt even more uncomfortable. The teller kept looking over at me between customers as if wondering what I was doing. When I finally got to the front, I got another teller and asked about the cheque. She called the teller that had served me and she apologized and got the cheque signed by the manager. She said she couldn't believe she had forgotten that. It made me wonder if it was my appearance that had thrown her, or if she just slipped up and it could have been anyone. What do you think?

She was lucky that I was in semi-femme mode. I think my normal male mode would have made it very clear what an inconvenience it was!

Anyone else had experiences out dressed semi-femme or androgynously?
    I dance to a different beat.

I have gone to the bank androgynously but never any fears.
    They might have been on guard as you probably appeared differently to the staff than you normally do.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    Hi Stephy, Who knows what was going through her mind that day.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    I have gone to the bank androgynously but never any fears.
    They might have been on guard as you probably appeared differently to the staff than you normally do.
    I have only been into that branch about 3 times in 3 years, so I doubt they remember me. I suspect that the staff just thought I was an effeminate gay and maybe wondered why I wore a wedding ring.
    I dance to a different beat.

They probably didn't even notice honestly. I used to work at a bank and I hardly ever noticed such things. She probably was just daydreaming about something while she was completing your transaction.

I went once in shorts and pantyhose and no one seemed to notice. I was scared to death. Much later, I have gone to the bank twice in a skirt presenting male. They served me well and I left. The first time, I was the only customer and the tellers all stopped and looked at me/greeted me and seemed stuck. Then one, an older teller, smiled and invited me to her line. It was as if they were all too surprised to remember to do their jobs. The second bank, I felt like there was an awkwardness to the transaction, but it was handled pretty much normally.

Platinum Member
    Not semi femme or androgynous lay. I've been to the credit union several times en femme. I didn't detect any reaction at all from the tellers. I'm sure they were focused on their jobs.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I usually wear yoga pants with vpl or skinny jeans, padded bra, long arylic nails, earrings, thin arched eyebrows, girls boots

I work at a bank and I've forgotten to sign a check before. They caught it before they left my window. If it was busy I doubt the teller noticed what you were wearing.

I've been to several places dressed androgenously and no one really noticed. Even wore heels (not really tall ones). One older lady looked but didn't scrutinize.