Thread: Earrings

Earrings

Will I decided to wear clip on earrings to work gold balls with a hoop,a 15 year co worker asked me right away if that was earrings in my ears. I said yes and he asked why I told him I was thinking of having my ears pierced . I am now unprofessional looking Whow was not exepcting that. Kicked to the curb and me with my big girl panties on O Well just when you think the world is changing you get slapped a cross the face.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chrissy52; 10-27-2013 at 08:30 PM. Reason: New pix

Russ,
    maybe you have to take a backward step.
    You do have to take care of your money earning capacity.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The business world can be somewhat problematic sometimes in relation to body decorations for men.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

What about studs as they do not stand out as much as hooped earrings .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

I ran into one of our consultants who sports gold earring in both ears.... he's like 60 and no one has ever had an issue with him... and were in the coal mining business...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Platinum Member
    Hi Russ, You should try the little magnet type studs.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    I use to get crap from people in my line of work for having my earrings. Im an automotive tech. And I work on hi end cars. I found that if you are good at what you do it really won't matter what you come to work looking like. At least in my field. Maybe tone it down some at first.?

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    There does seem to be a difference in perception with men wearing studs in pierced ears and men wearing clipon hoops! The pink fog must be pretty heavy in your neighborhood this time of year!
    Last edited by Lynn Marie; 11-04-2013 at 03:12 PM.

i will always use clip one

no women in your profession? Just asking because they would be unprofessional also then. What kind of profession are you in...ear lobe modeling? This Co-worker. Is he someone who holds life or death power in your business?

My inside reaction would be to think "bite me". Outside I would just smile and think...we shall see who does a better job in this business
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Pierced studs for men are not terribly unusual, but clip-ons are not often seen.

As far as professionalism, just about all the men I know who wear pierced earrings are degreed professionals.

I think that the employment positions where one could encounter resistance are those that require projecting a sober and mature image, such as sales or law, or those in which one's colleagues haven't progressed behaviorally beyond adolescence.

Rather than "think about" pierced ears and wearing clip-ons, why not make a commitment and get them pierced? If questioned, the only explanation required is that you like them. If you "own" them then there is no vulnerability left for harassment.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Silver Member
    Russ - I do not quite understand. A co-worker asked about the clip-on. You said you were thinking about getting your ears pierced. And...?

The co-worker said it was unprofessional?

So...?

Is he your boss or the owner? Will he tease you? Are you violating a dress policy? Who care what he thinks?

I would agree with heather. At least where I live men with earrings is very norm. Unprofessional would be big flashy crazy colors etc. A simple stud or small hoop is definitely not "unprofessional".

Unfortunately clipons are a bit unusual in guy mode. Pierced ears w/a small stud is much more acceptable. It's been about 10 years for me and never had a negative remark. Matter of fact I had guys my age (late 40s at the time) tell me they wish they had the guts to do it and a couple then had their ears pierced

I have worn earrings for many years. Have been to many business meetings and settings, city council meetings and high end social functions with no problems or negative comments. In fact I've found that many times wearing them opens the door to conversations that might not have taken place. It just boils down to how comfortable you are with yourself.

I don’t recall ever seeing a man wearing clip-on earrings and I can understand where clip-on earrings that are decidedly feminine in appearance might draw attention. Men of all ages with pierced ears wearing earrings is a common sight now, however there are some limitations. I have my ears pierced and my everyday earrings are studs with a southwestern design made out of silver, turquoise, and coral. I have received several comments on these earrings, generally something along the lines of whether they are Native American in design. I have also worn small, 4mm, gold balls and nobody has ever said anything about them. Many men wear small diamonds and these are accepted as well, but I suspect if I were to wear pearl studs they may get noticed.

I see men in walks of life imaginable wearing earrings. Diamond earrings are big among sports figures. But I see construction workers, mechanics, factory workers, longshoremen, business men, attorneys, bankers, pilots, accountants, medical personnel, police officers, truck drivers, even male military personnel even though regulations prohibit earrings. Recently a Marine Officer was interviewed by a local TV station and this officer was on base in uniform and he had pierced ears, evident by the earrings he was wearing.

Rather than wear a feminine clip-on earring go get your ears pierced and get some gold, brushed stainless, pewter, black, even cubic zirconium if you like bling (or real diamonds if your flush) studs. I think you’ll draw far less criticism then wearing clip-on. Besides when you’re not in male mode there are a ton of really feminine earrings to choose from and they are really fun to wear – love the feel as they swing and/or brush my cheek or neck.
    Babs

Quote Originally Posted by Barbra P View Post
    ...I suspect if I were to wear pearl studs they may get noticed.
    I've worn modest-size pearl studs and nobody has mentioned them. Larger pearls, like larger gold or silver balls might be more noticed..

Quote Originally Posted by Barbra P View Post
    ...Recently a Marine Officer was interviewed by a local TV station and this officer was on base in uniform and he had pierced ears...
    The Green Machine prohibits all piercings for males. He may get away with it, but the uniform policy prohibits any piercings, on or off duty.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]