Thread: Tall ladies

Tall ladies

I was with my wife shopping 2 days ago in a Major Brand department store in the women's department and I saw at least 6 ladies over 6'. I am 6' and all of the ladies were taller than me! 2 Had heels on that made them at least 6'4". The point of this post is that there are a lot of tall women out there in today's world wearing heels or not.

I hope I haven't bored you with this

Hugs

Linda
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

I am 6' tall and dated a lady when I was around 20 that was 6'3". As far as I know that is the only lady in town that is over 6' because I have never seen another. The lady I was dating would only wear flats. I asked her about wearing heels, but she stated she didn't want to "tower" over everyone.

Banned Read only
    It's not just the height, it's the width. I'm 5'7" and have a greater shoulder width than any woman I have ever been near. Height is a factor and width is the closer. Tall women are unique and as you indicated, you noticed them.

There are a lot and taller women look very elegant.
    They occupy more space on the planet and usually photograph well.
    Stand a short woman next to a statue, take a photo and then do the same with a taller girl.
    There is more presence.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

luckily i'm not very tall... but unfortunately i'm a little too short

I have only two issues with tall ladies: hey invariably sit in front of me at movies, concerts, and such, and if I'm photographed with them I look like a child :-) I'm 5'2"

In spite of that, I give a silent atta girl when I see a tall lady owning her height and wearing heels. That goes out to ladies of all genders ;-)
    Susan GG

Platinum Member
    Not at all boring. I've seen quite a few women my height or taller (6'2")
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Inevitably, this will mean more assortments in our sizes

I am 6'3 and love to wear 5+ inch heels or wedges. I do try to shop in flat boots when I have to walk a long way like a mall or big strip mall because I feel less intimidating and I also concentrate on shopping and not walking correctly. If I am running in to get makeup or something at a Sally's then I wear heels and I do hear a lot of complements on my legs and GG's wishing they could walk that good in heels.
    For all you tall girls, I have said this before but several years ago Rori at Transformations, at the time we were in Oak Park, told me that I was already tall and if heels made me happy then wear them and enjoy.

Silver Member
    It also depends on age, older taller women tend to stand out more. There are more tall women who are young, compared to say, women in their 60s and older.

When I first ventured out I was nervous because I'm 6' also and thought it would draw stares. I'm no longer in that mindset as there are so many tall women out there and now I wear my heels as well and stand proud to be me.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I agree Vickie the women were younger than me
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.