Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rude Sa

rude Sa

Of all places Macy's. I've shopped there in my male mode many times. Bought all types of women's clothes and even purchased Mac makeup. Yesterday I was in my fem mode for the first time there (with my wife). Was there for about an hour...decided to buy a belt for an outfit I'm wearing to a Halloween party tomorrow night (my wife will be a gangster and I'm the moll). There where a few woman checking out and three Sa's...all looked at me and for sure I was clocked. I was wearing gray boots, black tights and a black and gray stripped cowl neck sweater dress. I handed the SA the belt and my credit card...she handed back the card and said "could I get the last 4 numbers on your card SIR"...with emphasis on sir. Her comment disappointed me,she simply could have said "could I get the last 4 numbers from your card." By no way was I embarrassed and my wife gave her a dirty look( she listened and was really upset but did not say anything because she didn't want to cause a scene). I feel sad for the SA...will I still shop Macy's as Diana....absolutely they have great clothes. Thanks for reading...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Its happened to me too more than once.
    Some people are just mean.

Some people are just rude regardless of the situation. That type of comment makes her sound immature... I mean what was she trying to accomplish other than display how very ill-fitted she is to her customer service job?

Some SA's think they win a small victory, they do until there is a complaint.
    If I get a really snarly SA, I get her sent back for retraining.
    My small victory then. I do let them know before hand otherwise there is no sense in reporting them.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Smile

Surprisingly I also had rude service in a MACY'S once. I left the store without buying anything and went to the next department store in the mall to make my purchase. Their loss of the sale.

Besides the SA in the other store engaged me in "girl talk" about fashion and the company dress code. I loved it!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I don't really blame them for saying such thinks I mean it is still unusual to see guys enfem. I even would have a hard time knowing what to say but I think I would be polite and not say sir. We all should know the risk as it were when we venture out. I guess maybe that's why hesitate to do it. I really applaud you gurls who do and hope for better times

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. One can wonder what the SA's try to achieve with such behavior...

Quote Originally Posted by Linda E. Woodworth View Post
    Besides the SA in the other store engaged me in "girl talk" about fashion and the company dress code. I loved it!
    Totally a win win situation Linda E
    Transgender girl

I'm surprised at Macy's. I have several times bought lingerie there from a couple of different SA's while en drab. I bought some panties there once, looking for high cuts. The SA could only find one in my size because there were mostly bikinis and thongs and while we were looking she kept complaining that younger girls all like bikinis and thongs which are minimal coverage. Of course, I'm agreeing with her like we're just two women who miss the old days.
    And, when Macy's sold Prescriptives cosmetics, the SA there and I were great friends, either en drab or femme. She often invited me to sit down and chat. Learned a lot from her.
    Anyhow, I though Macy's had a policy on transgender folks. Maybe your SA didn't have the class.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

There is a place on every receipt to rate the SA on line. That is your place to bayonet her. Those comments are reviewed by supervisory staff and each employee is told of each comment--good or bad.

Jodi

When things of like nature happen to me, I will respond with....well, you need not be so sweet about it. Works for me

Oh Gee! I have my first makeover appointment at the MAC Counter in a local Macy's store. The artist was very welcoming on the phone, so I am hoping it will be a good experience. I will be going "en drab" which the SA said would be no problem. He said, I have no problem calling you Cassie "en drab" or "en femme". Can't tell you what a relief it was to hear something like that from the SA. So, five more days. I can't wait.

Cassie

I'm confused. If you had just handed her your credit card, why does she need to ask you for the last 4 digits? Can't she read?

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

I assume she asked for it as a security measure incase Diana had stolen the card. If she stole it then she most likely wouldn't know the last 4 digits.

Does anybody actually memorize their credit card numbers, even the last four digits?

I've never had a store clerk ask for that information. Occasionally one will ask for photo ID. I wonder why they bother since to my understanding the card issuer pays the merchant anyway if the merchant gets authorization from the card issuer and card is either swiped or the merchant has the code number from the back of the card.

Is the merchant even allowed to ask for photo ID. I thought the agreement between the card issuers and merchants specified that the credit card itself was to be considered the only credentials the customer needed.

I know my CC number by heart. But then again I buy a lot online.

And the merchant doesn't have to check but their is no law or rule saying they can't. I always checked when I was a cashier. Always err on the side of caution when it comes to that.

Should of told her she was on camera and your where working as an under cover boss. Since her customer skills are rude she will be in the unemployment line Monday. LOL.

Aspiring Member
    I guess please was more difficult to say than sir.

Platinum Member
    It happens. Glad you didn't let it get you down.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I am trying to get out there and be a bit more open these days myself too. I'm not entirely sure how much I get clocked, but I figure that all of the check out girls at my last shopping trip to the mall must have read me as I had a bit of conversation with each of them. And I imagine that by the end of each exchange there must have been no doubt I was transgender since I also had to show my driver's ID at the register when using my credit card. Still, all of them were really nice - the girls at Kohl's, Sephora, and even Rack Room Shoes really made me feel welcome and "normal".
    So, there are plenty of pleasant SAs out there! I really hope you have a few of the good ones next time too!
    ~ Caleigh

I'd die if someone called me out for ID in front of everyone to check a credit card even in male drab, let alone as my better half. Just one more reason why I never use the damn things. Just pay by cash or direct debit and they shouldn't ever have anything to mouth off about.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Diana,

So sorry to hear about your experience. I just find some people are so miserable with their own existence on this planet that they take any opportunity to rain on someone they think is vulnerable. You handled it well given the circumstances and that is all we can do.

I agree with Lee that when we venture out we have to expect weird reactions from those around us. I find most are just curiosity stares. It is not every day a person actually sees a CDer up close and personal. However, the one thing I won't take is rude stares (I just normally smile back and that is enough to throw them off and go about their business). I will always call an SA on rude service as I would not accept it en male and won't en femme. I have every right to accept good/polite service regardless of how I am dressed.

I had an SA refuse to serve me at Walmart one time because she was "A good Christian (how ironic) and I was an abomination according to the bible". I told her it is her right to believe what she wants but she works in the service industry and can't pick and choose. She didn't agree and still would not serve me . . . I asked for her supervisor. The supervisor agreed and fired her on the spot. When she said that wasn't fair as it was her religious right to refuse service my only comment back was "Well at least you go on unemployment with your ethics and values in tact" I know that was a real b****y thing to say but like I said I do not do rude well.

Hugs

Isha

It's unfortunate that still seems to be a caveman element to society and not everybody is entirely tolerant...
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I'm surprised you thought that was rude. People make mistakes, people get flustered, people can be ignorant. My daughter was an SA at Penny's in high school. She didn't feel it was a very rewarding experience. She was 17 years old.

Sounds like you handled it well by not rising to the bait. Sad that they'd do that though, I've only had positive experiences with SAs.
    Maybe an email or letter to that store?

Silver Member
    Sometimes it isn't worth making a point but I wonder if her look would have changed if you said on second thought forget the belt, my I have my card back? It wasn't due to a CD issue but recently at a local store I got a rude reception so I skipped the purchase. Second store, saved 40% on the exact same thing, on sale. Doesn't always work out that way. Sorry to hear of your experience, but keep your well-powdered chin up.