Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: no more halloween for me

Many of the trans community in my area will be gathering for their own party tonight. Even a few of the other old girls are going. There is live entertainment and prizes, and a lot of girls who are living full time or at least on hormones no amateurs . I won't be there, as much as I want to be. As a recovering alcoholic my sobriety must come first and I haven't been at this being sober long enough to trust myself. I have gone to family and friend events with alcohol but it seems more of a center to this event. Just stay at home and paint my nails and relax.

hugs rita
    Dressing is not a choice.

Its a passion.

Do what you want and forget the silly things.I dont care what others are doing or what somebody is going to think.I do what makes me happy.

I heard a girl talking to another who wasnt going to a party.She said,youre missing the drag party of the year..I didnt like it,thats not what it is for me,but I didnt let it ruin my fun either.I cant imagine doing something or not doing something because of what people think.Thats not good..

Quote Originally Posted by KitCat View Post
    At Halloween it just feels like I am making fun of something (femininity) that I hold is such high regard
    I dont understand that.If this is who you are,why not have fun on a fun night?

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda22 View Post
    KitCat, that's exactly how I feel. It's too serious for me to mock.
    Mock what? Women dont dress up for halloween? Maybe im in a different place in my head cuz I dont see it as anything like that

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    I really don't much get the chance to dress for Halloween, not en femme, anyway. But even if that were an option for me, I would not bother with it. You see, Marla is not a Halloween costume. Marla is a manifestation of something inside my soul, the woman I might have been but for that genetic crapshoot at conception. I don't want to relegate her (me) to the level of a Halloween costume. And anyone viewing me while I'm all decked out as Marla would know in an instant that this isn't a costume - it's me doing my very best to present as an actual female. It's not some cheap characterization of a female, but an actual, tastefully dressed, somewhat elegant, "real" woman. I leave Halloween to the kids, and reserve it for ghosts, goblins, vampires, and other spooks.
    Im not a costume either.I might wear a costume like a normal woman and go out. This thread and comments amazes me.I would never think such things of myself as a trans woman in my life...I dont even know what to say..

Dont let other people rule what you do.Do what makes you happy and what you enjoy.People will always think something no matter what you do.Do what makes you the person you are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I love dressing up for Halloween or any type of costume party, this is now and was the same before I ever thought about crossdressing. To each their own, however, I cannot see any logical reasoning about the idea that a guy dressing up as a woman, a funny one, a sexy one, a vintage one, whatever, is in any way shape or form disrespectful to what we do. I do think that some of you way over think all this. Halloween has always been and will always be an opportunity to dress up as whatever you want and should not carry any particular guilt, shame or bad feelings. Those bad feelings may be the result of other internal issues that need to be dealt with. Halloween is a special moment to have fun and not much more.

I really am sorry some people feel about it that way, when there is no reason for it but for whatever ones they created in their minds. If we should feel bad, then I would think that just dressing as a woman, or a guy in the FtM side, should also cause us to feel the same way, you know, disrespecting women or men, which it is definitely not.

I am not trying to make people feel bad about thinking that way. I am trying to ask or point out, why should anyone feel that way, and if one does think that way, is it correct or not. I do understand that when one has issues about something, then their logical thinking may be impacted by that, i.e. it may not be so reasonable thinking after all. Lighten up, loosen up and have fun!

PS: Kayla, I like what you are saying.
    Last edited by AllieSF; 11-01-2013 at 05:10 PM.

I have never dressed up (as a female or in costume) for Halloween, mainly because I take my sons trick or treating and they expect me to be a "normal" dad for them. This Halloween, one of our GG neighbours was wearing a lovely witches outfit and I found myself feeling quite envious. Maybe in 10 years when the boys have left home, I will dress up for Halloween. But I agree that I would prefer to be in costume rather than seen as crossdressing for Halloween.
    I dance to a different beat.

Platinum Member
    Hi Cath, I totally agree with you on this theory .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Had a very good time in my Witch costume this year. It was fun putting it all together and getting in the mood for a fun night. All I did was pass out candy for the kiddos, but that's what it is all about anyway, getting their bags full of candy. I got a lot of nice compliments on my costume and a fun time was had for all.
    Link to my flickr photostream:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kandybarr

what to wear?

I feel what you're saying Cath. For a guy who dresses up every saturday night, it
    was hard deciding on what "costume" to wear. So I went as a very pregnant
    woman, which as it turned out, must have been the default outfit for crossdressers
    since two other dressers had the same idea. Had a good time though....dana

I used to want any excuse to dress and never had one. Halloween was all I had. Now, I go out dressed occasionally. On Halloween, I do not want to dress... all that much...

Halloween is a fun time..try not to worry too much about what other people think. I do understand though. I didn't go out this year but I have gone out a few times in the past. I don't go out as a drag queen. I do pick out a female costume though. It usually works out great. Its a lit of fun too.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987