Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Self image

Self image

When getting all dolled up en femme, do you consider yourself a "femme fatale", a "plain Jane" or somewhere in between? I normally give my en femme presentation my best efforts and just consider myself to be "myself" or what I would look like had I been born a woman. I generally leave the assessments to the eyes of any beholders.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

The eyes of the beholders number around four unless you count the glasses we wear. Oh, and all you folks. It is a sort of what you see is what you get.

Silver Member
    Depending on the event, season, and weather, dressing in fashionable feminine outfits with a classic look continues to be my goal.

Sigh, I always knew Christina Kay's Avatar
    I agree with Laura. I Just enjoy the process of getting ready and dressed. Then hope for the best. Hopefully it gets better each time. Hugs
    Follow your path.. For only you can decide, which way to go.

If I'm getting "all dolled up" then I consider myself a "classy lassy".
    If I'm just dressing for me around the house or going to the mall then I'm a plain jane as I prefer to be comfy and casual.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have no ego to feed so never even thought about that.

In girl mode I'm definitely not just a girl version of myself. I'm much more glam, I take pride trying to look good. Dressing for comfort en femme doesn't really appeal to me-I think as the traditional ladylike way of dressing is so different that's what appeals to me, and is what I go for.

I see your self image change from day to day, I do like the blond hair in your avatar, the other day it was black and the makeup was perfect.
    How do you do it?
    How much did that flower cost?
    Where can I buy a hairpiece like that.
    You have a nice smile.

Oh! to answer "your" question.

Maybe I settle for middle of the road, I do like to aim for a bit younger than I am but sometimes that is just dreaming.
    I really try dress to blend and not be noticed.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Define "all dolled up." When I am en femme it's the 1950's June Cleaver look. It's a pretty dress and high heels. It's also all the proper undergarments, slip, bra, panty and hosiery. I do not own any garments that have legs to them. I know many GG's would consider my "look" to be overkill, but, that's how I feel good. The vast majority of my dresses would be considered casual attire, but, I do have some that would be appropriate for a formal event/dinner. My dresses are age appropriate.

I see many GG's who are "stuck" in the past. Their physical appearance gives their age away. I don't think there is anything sexy about a 70 year old wearing a really short mini dress. That also means such attire would not be "classy." It is very possible for a senior to appear classy.

I just like to get dressed up to be myself n_n
    I consider myself plain I am not trying to wow people but makeup is just fun to put on xD

I have the flowers on hand Bev. I wore one when I was in the Christmas show at the club last year. If I ever get a new camera, I'll put up some fresh pics. The avatars I post are looks I want to try eventually.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    The attractive "plain jane", never one to be most attractive alpha female, but attractive enough to turn more than a few heads, and slowly/steadily get the "hey she's kind of attractive what's her name again?"
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

It all depends...somedays, yes I feel like I look attractive other days it is the complete opposite. I generally get positive reactions even if people figure me out or not... It is a real balance to look right.
    Chickie

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    I have the flowers on hand Bev. I wore one when I was in the Christmas show at the club last year. If I ever get a new camera, I'll put up some fresh pics. The avatars I post are looks I want to try eventually.
    I agree, it is constant experimentation that is most enjoyable.
    Having dabbled in some looks have some spectacular failures.
    I can not wear black hair, it looks too oppressive, I have a fair complexion.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

This avatar I have now is doable. I have a live model in my GF's Grandaughter to bring it to life.

I always do the best that I can when I am going to be presenting en femme. There are times when I think that I look better than other times. At age 75 I am certainly not a "femme fatale" nor am I a "plain Jane". I try to always look reasonably good
    no matter where I am going.
    Hugs, Carole

When I dress and go out shopping and having lunch. I still feel like me.
    Hopefully other people accept me as a woman. I think they do.. but I am
    so tall.. maybe they do and just ignore me.

Dressing is the thing, personally, I am too old to ever pull off femme fatale to any convincing degree. That said, Emo has recently caused a re-evaluation of my drab self and found that persona seriously lacking in terms of dress and personal grooming. The drab me is much improved, visually, because of my alter ego. Hence we both look better, feel better and enjoy life much more! It's good to be a girl!

I consider myself a femmefatale,but them I put on my glasses and see The Creature from the Black Lagoon. I wish that as a brunette that I did look like Julie Adams.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I am in between, but strive to look like some of the very tall sultry older women i have seen, or met before, modest, but very attractive.

Platinum Member
    Fairly, a plain jane at best.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

A plain Jane as I dress to blend in

Platinum Member
    Hi Kate, Upper middle.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Gone to live my life
    Hi Kate,

It is hard to say. I normally dress to blend so I think I am more an upscale version of "plain Jane" but I hold no illusions that people see anything but a "plain Joe in a women's jeans and boots". But I do try to be trendy and age appropriate when dressed.

Hugs

Isha

I am closer to a Plain Jane. I call my look "Casual Housewife". Mostly knee length skirts with various blouses, panties and pantyhose or tights. I do on occassion do the glam look with my best outfits, and heels, but really not often. When I was in the DADT mode with the wife I would go the whole nine yards when ever I got the chance. Now that I can dress when ever I want, I find that feminine casual feels just right.
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead