Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vintage Clothing

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I recently bought a closet full of vintage clothing at a Hollywood studio auction.

I fear you'll see a lot of Sherry in 30's to 70's outfits this winter!
    I look forward to seeing you in your new clothes.
    If you wake up in the morning; See a sunrise; You name is not in the obituaries (long story); You see a sunset; Then its a good day. All the rest is superfluous B.S. (Bad Science).

I have an ear you can bend and a shoulder you can cry on.

I'm working on my Ph.D. in "Alternative Wardrobe Explorations"

MMmmm I love vintage! I have several pieces of vintage lingerie, peignoir sets and dresses.

I finally had some free time to go shopping on Saturday and I found this really cute skirt, but it really wasn't a color that would look good on me. I bought it anyway and I plan to make one exactly like it out of some fabric that I already have. Not sure how it will turn out...anyways, it will be a fun project for me.

I love vintage dresses, skirt, lingerie ... All lovely
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

1950's poofy dresses seem interesting. I'd like to find some 1970's disco dresses. That's what got me started. My moms stuff in that time.

I love the vintage clothing and lingerie. I have a very nice collection of both. I love the feel of a nice sliky slip or smooth silk stockings and the tug of garters at the stocking tops

I love to wear late 70's and 80's styles! I have several cocktail dresses, sundresses, and just things I would like to have worn to work then. For some reason, many of my dresses have peplums - not sure if that was just a common style then or just the one I like.

I simply adore vintage clothing. The best places to find it at is Antique stores or estate sales. I have found some pretty neat stuff for cheap cheap cheap. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

For me, its always been the 1970s and 1980s fashions. There's just something about the glam of the era. I don't know whether it has anything to do with when I started dressing (70s) or not. Probably does. A lot of the dresses then were slinky and form-fitting and very "Dynasty" like. The slips from the 70s were more slippery than most found today, although there are still some made today that are very much like the ones from the 70s. The wrap dress, flattering on all body types, was pioneered in the 60s, I believe, and was hugely popular during the 1970s, and still is today. The vintage clothes from that era might not be the best thing to venture out into the real world today, unless for a Halloween party or costume party, but they're still the ones I'm most drawn to and probably always will be.