Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I told my mom last night!

I told my mom last night!

I told my mom about my crossdressing last night and it went incredibly well. She was glad I confided in her and let her know. Additionally, she was incredibly supportive, wanted to see pictures, and was happy that "I'd found my bliss"

I thought she knew more than she did based on plenty of obvious (to me) hints and the fact that I was caught as a kid. Topics dancing around crossdressing had also come up way to many times in casual conversation over the years for me to think it was coincidence, but she said she had no idea. She also said maybe she just wasn't as observant as I thought she might be.

I almost failed to get the courage to bring it up. She was in town for a few days returning our daughter to us after she had stayed with Nana during her week off from school. I took her to dinner alone while my wife watched the kids and about the time the check came I got the guts to tell her. Even though we had told the waitress "No dessert" we were talking so long we reconsidered a bit later and discussed quite a bit over some cheesecake. Between that, the ride home, and a quick stop at the grocery store and the drugstore, she had tons of questions and wanted to learn more. I think I answered them all pretty easily and ended up sending her home with a book on the topic so she could do a bit of reading.

It was a great night. It's nice to have someone else in the know and someone my wife can talk to. Mom also told me she's glad to have someone else to give away all her jewelry to since my sister doesn't wear anything.

Maybe the coolest thing of all was what she said to me after looking at a few of my pictures. On the picture below she said "Is that you?" I don't know if she could have paid me a bigger compliment.

To this one she said "You've got the best legs in the family!" I think the smile says it's pretty obvious I'd found some of my bliss as she suggested.

Now when she sees those shoes in my closet she won't have any more awkward questions for my balance challenged wife!

When we got home she got to talk to my wife a bit about it. She flew back home this morning but will be back in a few weeks. Who know's what will happen, but I have a sneaking suspicion she might some bearing gifts and istead of the typical purse for my wife and sweatshirt for me, I might get a purse too.

What a night!

Bree, the picture of you in the LBD is to die for. Your Mom was right...you do have great legs.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Bree, this is terrific news! It feels good to have that kind of acceptance from a member of your family. I think my own mother might still be a little confused by it, but she seems to accept it, much as she accepted my brother being gay...she did appreciate me using the names she would have given a daughter, though.

The possibility of getting some extra jewelry is just an added bonus!

And, girl, you do have some fine-looking legs!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

I thought you were out a lot more than you are.
    Your confidence and demeanor pointed to that.
    I am glad that it went well and progress can be a little smoother now.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Congratulations Bree, all's well that ends well!
    Transtronaut

You must first find yourself before you can discover your future-

Congratulations Bree, not everyone can do what you did. Sometimes life does get better and a bit easier.

Bree, congrats on telling your mom, that's really huge and I'm glad she's accepting.

Btw nice boots!!! Where did you get them from?
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle789 View Post

Btw nice boots!!! Where did you get them from?
    The were an amazing end-of-season find at Kohl's last spring. If you'll believe it, I got them for less than $10!

Wow Bree. I would be so on cloud 9 with the reception your mom gave you. I bet your relationship with her now grows several new dimensions higher.

Wow That was a lovely story. i'm happy for you!

I still can't see me opening up to my father. but that might have to do with the fact, that he was against me being interest in feminine things as a kid.
    It's so hard, can i tell my mom? or even should i ?

I already came clean with my roommate.
    and a few of my friends and most of them are very open minded about it.. i never knew i would be so easy.

But i'm so happy to hear that it all went well.
    and thanks for sharing.

Hope to hear from you more in the future..

Gone to live my life
    Hi Bree,

What a great story and even better happy ending.

Hugs

Isha

Thank you, Bree for sharing a great story with a happy ending! Your mother sure has a beautiful daughter!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Platinum Member
    That's great, Bree!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

How nice! Bree, I am so happy for you. Best wishes for when you see her again, maybe you've found a new happiness.
    Stephanie

Gold Member
    My favorite kind of story! Congrats Bree! We can never doubt our parents. I always love the positive reactions and comments and yours are super. I can't say I blame. I mean just look at you.

Platinum Member
    Hi Bree, I love a story with a happy ending , Mom's are awesome aren't they.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

That is a great story! It is good to have more people supporting you. And why shouldn't they? Your Mom is AWESOME. And you are very brave for telling her.
    "Oh my God, I realized, it's not that we're screwed up; it's just that we've been trained to thnk so."
    ~Rick Novic, Alice in Genderland

Love your story, and yes, nice legs, Ms.

I'm really happy for you Bree. That sounds like it went as well as anyone could ask for!

In a way, I'd like to "share" with my mother, but I think she'd black mail me for money given this kind of ammo. No, really.

And OMG, under $10??? Gotta stop by Kohl's more.
    "I want you all to call me Loretta." - The Life of Brian

What a lovely story and a terrific Mom! I wish I had come out to my mother, instead I waited until after she had passed on before I felt free. That was 13 years ago. thinking back with the perspective I have now, I like to imagine her reaction wuod have been something like your mom's. Anyway lucky you and good for you both.

I'm glad your mother is so awesome. I doubt it would go over with my mother, considering she is a Born Again Pentecostal. Lots of brainwashing.
    “They’re not women’s clothes. They’re my clothes. I bought them.” (Eddie Izzard)

Bree, thanks for sharing. Your mother is a real doll and I am so glad for you that you got the opportunity to tell her!

That great Bree.

My mom had similar reactions, and it didn't take her long to start giving me some of her jewelry since she can no longer wear earrings for pierced ears.
    DonnaT

What is there to say that hasn't been said. Some girls have the best moms ever. Good for you. And you do look great
    After searching my lingerie drawers, I have come to the conclusion that they lied. Ruffles don't have ridges. At least mine don't.

That is fantatic! I've also been debating to tell my mom or not and your story really touched me! Congrats and bes of luck in the future!