Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking about going out...

Take baby steps like first walking around at night in cold weather when you can wear coat, scarf etc and work your way up.

I wanna thank everyone for their kind words. I like Kimf's idea the best though. Don't get me wrong I love the idea of driving a zillion miles away and doing my thing, but problem is all I have for transportation is a motorcycle. And in not trying to attract attention... Lol a tranny on a motorcycle? I think I'd probably snicker too! Of course I guess I could dress there. But still, I need to get used to here I feel. But what is it exactly I'm feeling? Nervousness? For what? Am I feeling like I'm doing something bad?
    What are the other ladies opinions on why you felt jittery. I know it sounds like a silly question, because it is. But with me I feel like I have to have everything figured out and this is one of the things I have to figure out.
    ~Elizabeth <3

It's HIGHLY addictive, and dont shrug that off lightly. Once you start, I promise you will find it terribly hard to stop.
    What is it like? It's like discovering that you have been holding your breath your entire life and all of the sudden you can breath.
    As you are gasping and panting to fill your hungry lungs, gulping air into your chest for the very first time, you realize what you never knew you were missing before - the chance to exist and breath freely.
    Once you start, you can not go back. There is no stuffing the genie back in the bottle. There is no pretending that it didn't happen and that the world will go back to the way it was before you took your first breath.
    Would I recommend doing it? Damn right! Just be warned of the consequences . . .

I totally agree with Kimberly. I could finally breathe. For some it is just about clothes. For me it was finally not hiding! I love being Suzanne out in the world. I will never go back. I feel at peace when I get into my car and head off to the city. I meet other girls and also attend a 12 step meeting as Suzanne. Sometimes my wife goes with me and other times I go by myself. I want to be able to be Suzanne whenever i want but that isn't possible at this time. Anyway I say if you have that burning desire you should do it!
    Suzanne

Oh my YES, work up to it and then take the plunge ! I found that finding other CDers to go out with to a club that caters to the lifestyle makes it soooo much easier to handle. I took baby steps and met people on Craigslist. ( I know, just be careful ) It did work after a few months of searching and just plugging along, it does pay off if you are patient. I started going out to Club Q with some really nice friends. and it made it a really fun experience : ) I still get nervous, but I tend to dress a little over the top ( just my taste ) and it goes against my normal self ( Jerry ) because I am a shy type. Just don't worry so much and surround yourself with others that like the same thing and you will be less scared to jump off that cliff lol.

You're in a new city why not take the plunge?

Just A Girl Next Door
    My advice it to take your time and work up to things. Reading all the encouragement from the ladies on this site will definitely help, and you'll learn some helpful tips.

My first outing was a trip inside a fairly busy gas station/mini-mart/travel center on the 5 freeway at about 8 pm. I didn't buy anything - just went in one door and out the other. Really it was enough as I was scared to death, my hands were shaking and I barely made it in and back out without hyperventilating!

That was nearly 6 years ago. Now I go out several times a month and go pretty much anywhere I want like shopping, dinner, movies.

The first few times are scary and full of adrenalin. After a while though it's just comfortable, a chance to be yourself. I don't plan to go full-time but I truly cherish my few girl days and can't imagine giving it up or bearing the thought of never going out again.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Starshine24 View Post
    What are the other ladies opinions on why you felt jittery. I know it sounds like a silly question, because it is. But with me I feel like I have to have everything figured out and this is one of the things I have to figure out.
    Fear of being embarrassed and laughed at ... fear of rejection ... fear of not being in control of our environment. These took me some time to overcome as each outing added to my confidence. Perhaps it was my own male reaction to my femme presentation ... my male thoughts about a man in a dress or my poor skills with makeup, the femme walk, male voice. Damm natural to be jittery - the first time is akin to extreme sport.

I'm out dressed around 4 times a week. Yet I still get a dry mouth ... not fear just anticipation and adrenalin. People are very accepting or simply disinterested.

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    It's HIGHLY addictive, and dont shrug that off lightly. Once you start, I promise you will find it terribly hard to stop.

Would I recommend doing it? Damn right! Just be warned of the consequences . . .
    Perfect Kimberley.

Yes, that motorcycle thing is going to cramp your style. I suppose you could borrow or rent a car though.

Assuming you can do a good enough job of dressing to disguise your male self, your real problem is getting in and out of the house or apartment. If a neighbor sees a strange female leaving or entering, you might have some explaining to do.

For some of us it doesn't matter if people know we are crossdressers. For others, it's very important to hide our hobby because of family and career. You haven't told us anything about this, but it's something for you to decide. You may want the freedom of being a known crossdresser in your new town, you may not.

Walking around aimlessly in the dark is not a safe thing to do. A woman wouldn't do it.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda