Thread: Nearly nearly told my girlfriend this weekend

Nearly nearly told my girlfriend this weekend

I have had many conversations with my girlfriend about me being trapped in the wrong body but not being gay......What box does that fall into I wonder???
    We love wearing stockings together and I am wondering where this will go. Problem being is that I am worried it may ruin things if I come out as a CD but would love her to know. Had a few beers this weekend and was going to tell her the truth but bottled it, what am I going to do?
    She has said that if a woman answered the door she would freak out and we both laughed it off.

You might want to escalate it slowly by wearing some eyeliner in addition to lipstick next time, then go to a full face of makeup after a few weeks, and eventually wearing clothes.

I'd say you don't have too much to worry about if she is ok with you wearing lipstick and is already participating with you!

Gone to live my life
    Hi Sweetie,

I don't think you will have an issue here coming out as a CDer as I think that cat is already out of the bag (i.e., conversations about being trapped in the wrong body, wearing stockings together). What you need to consider is how to broach the subject in such a way as to find out how supportive she is going to be and to what extent she will accept your CDing (i.e., fully femme, partially, no make-up, etc.).

Hugs

Isha

Hi Nacracat!

I agree the cat is already partially out of the bag so bring it the rest of the way incrementally and gauge her reaction as you do. All should be well :-)

Take Care
    Ashley :-)

What strikes me most is that you say you've discussed feeling as if you're in the wrong body. I think this is an important thing to take note of for two reasons.

1. A girlfriend that can listen to her guy say he feels he's in the wrong body and NOT flip out is obviously at least somewhat open minded. If you've already shared those feelings with her, as well as some minimal dressing, my guess would be that she wouldn't run away screaming.

2. Are you a crossdresser only or do you have other gender confusion?? I would take some time to sort yourself out so that you can clearly explain it all to yourself and to her. Most wives/girlfriends will have worries and questions about "how far" you want to go. If you feel as if there is more to all of it than just dressing, you need to be honest with yourself and her. At the very least, you could tell her you are a little unsure of where you stand, but feel uncomfortable hiding and trust/love/need her enough to share it with her.

I think you have to weigh your options here. This is a girl that's willing to wear underthings with you and discuss the possibility that you are in the wrong body. She seems pretty awesome. There is always a possibility that she might not be able to handle it, but if that is the case, how long would you be living a secret life hiding it from her if you DIDN'T tell her?

As far as what box you fit into..I wouldn't worry about categorizing yourself for now. Your head will explode :/

I'm kind of in a similar dilemma with my wife. I have dropped enough hints and she knows I've bought and worn clothes intended for women. She knows I have a feminine side. But I can't seem to get to the next step. In a way I'm waiting for her to bring up the subject in some form or other.

Best thing I ever did with my Siginificant Other! Brought us closer and we are now engaged! I say go for it, but I must add that it did take a few glases of wine to loooosen me up!
    Don't take life to seriously, No one gets out alive!!

A suitable time will come up and as situations change you may be able to do it comfortably.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

If dressing is a past of you and you have a need to do do. Then the only responsible thing to do is just tell her straight up. I have a need and like wearing womans clothes. If not at some point down the road, it will come out and the years of deception will rear its ugly head. Better she knows now and can choose for herself, then to be involved for years and find out and feel betrayed.
    Last edited by stefan37; 11-12-2013 at 05:46 AM.
    "When failure is off the table the only thing left is to negotiate levels of success" M Hobbes

"Never Let your Fear Decide Your Fate" Awolnation

"A new dawn destroys the tranquility of the darkness" Steph W

ASHLEY @ #4!! You are supposed to introduce yourself on your first post!

Get some of your images together and show off that great body of yours.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Platinum Member
    Hi Nacracat, The longer you wait the harder it will be.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Platinum Member
    my advice - do tell her, but not after a few beers. Try beginning the conversation over a cup of tea.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

It's important to be open and honest with her as soon as you feel comfortable doing so. When you keep things from your SO for long periods of time it feels like a sort of lie. Feel her out and go slow but try to be as open as possible. Good luck!

Banned Read only
    You wear stockings together? I think she suspects/knows. Your trip to coming out is a lot shorter than for most. Just tell her.