Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossdressing 101?

Gold Member
    Just use a lot of pictures, They are worth a thousand words.
    Don't listen to Karren; I would put in 3 chapters on how to dress with
    jeans or Denim in general.
    Rader

Banned Read only
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Hmm...here's how I might organize such a work.

Chapter 1: I'm A Crossdresser! What Does That Mean?
    Covers the basic definitions, terminology, and frequently-asked questions.
    Chapter 2: Sharing the Secret
    Who to tell? When? How? Go a little more in-depth about telling your SO.
    Chapter 3: Fashion Forward
    Fashion for the crossdresser, including tips on how to fit clothes and information about forms, gaffs, pads, and other worn items. (Special subsection on shoes!)
    Chapter 4: The Body Beautiful
    Topics such as skin care, hair removal, dieting, and modifications such as ear piercing.
    Chapter 5: It's All About Face
    Makeup! Techniques and products for the discerning crossdresser.
    Chapter 6: The Crowning Glory
    Hair and wigs.
    Chapter 7: Finishing Touches
    Jewelry and accessories to enhance your feminine appearance.
    Chapter 8: Girls On Film
    Photography tips for looking your best!
    Chapter 9: A Woman of the World
    Why you might--or might not--want to go out en femme! Tips for acting feminine: walk, voice, and so forth. Where to go, and where not to.
    Chapter 10: Help For the Crossdresser
    Organizations that can help: local groups, online groups (like this forum!), transformation studios, etc.
    Chapter 11: When Dressing is Not Enough
    Transsexualism, the steps to transitioning, hormones and surgery.
    Appendix: Further Reading
    Other books and online sources that may help you in your quest.
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Before I start, I have to find the text,
    "What every man needs to know about women."
    It is a companion to,
    "What every man knows about women."
    Both seem to be out of print these days.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Deedee Skyblue View Post
    Chapter 1 should include 2 rules:

1. Get your own stuff
    2. If you are tempted to wear clothes belonging to a GG without her permission, see rule 1.

Deedee
    I strongly agree, and would add that you should get your own makeup, too.

Catch oops chapter 22: how and why to budget for two complete wardrobes and a third so your SO can keep up, learn how to maintain all of your clothes guy and girl, now put in the time, effort and expense to keep all of you looking good most of the time.

Chapter 23. Detailed illustrated tutorials how to hand wash, how to machine wash, how to do your girl laundry inside the closet, how to hang and store everything, how to sew and glue. Dyeing in the closet and why you can't get a good black using RIT.

and finally

a carefully crafted and well thought out index of all the people who helped me
    along in this difficult journey. And all those who hurt me.

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    On the front page there needs to be this disclaimer.
    "There is no known cure for cross dressing! Once you you slip your leg in a pair of pantyhose, you fate is sealed and you can never ever go back. Continue at your own risk"
    Bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

Amy-
    wow girl, you got this all figured out!!
    “The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for. ”
    ― Maureen Dowd

AmyGale, the first 10 chapters were well thought out and organized. Good job. But you went too far. Chatper 11 isn't about crossdressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    Since we have a lot of experienced CDers here, the thought came into my head what I would do if writing an instruction manual for the new folks out there. What kind of manual would you write if you decided to and how would the chapters be laid out?
    I personally would love a Crossdressing 101 for dummies. No offence, but I have not a clue on where to start... Without a sole in my life to help me, it would benefit me 100%... From the simplest things all the way up... and I mean the simplest things...

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    AmyGale, the first 10 chapters were well thought out and organized. Good job. But you went too far. Chatper 11 isn't about crossdressing.
    I thought about this. Sometimes people seek out these books to help understand their feelings, and maybe someone may think they are a crossdresser but discover perhaps that they really feel something deeper than part-time dressing. I think it definitely deserves it's own book, but a chapter over-viewing it at the end could potentially help to place the person on the TG spectrum (ie, "oh well, now i really feel like i am a crossdresser and not wanting to go further" or "well, after reading it I would like to learn more about that topic because I feel like maybe my feelings are more inline with being a transexual")

just a thought.
    “The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for. ”
    ― Maureen Dowd

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    It's closely-related, so it probably deserves a mention in the book. But, really, you could write a whole book just about transsexualism, so that chapter would probably just skim the surface of the subject, and have plenty of citations for further reading in the Appendix. (In my role as a group organizer, I try to be sensitive to the issues affecting my TS sisters even though I'm not TS myself.)

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

That is a fabulous idea It would be a must read for me

So very true Lexi. Crossdressers.com is really the "Go-To Book" for me. It can truly set you free. Finally some sanity and just a little insanity makes for the perfect mix of a lot of Great Girls. Gotta question? Just ask. There's always someone here to listen and try to help or at the very least, offer some "interesting" insights. THANKS Crossdrssers.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexi Moralas View Post
    Chapter 1) join cross dressers . Com because there are so many experienced girls here that a new
    Be can easily find all the information and support she needs to get moving from some one who already learned the hard way.
    No matter what kind of cding she is into.
    Chapter 2) refer to chapter one
    Lol seriously I love you girls !