Thread: Surreal Experience

Surreal Experience

OK, here's the deal - I'm in the closet. My wife doesn't know about my cross dressing (either that or she's not letting on).
    A couple of days ago I went to get my hair cut (same hairdresser that my wife uses - lovely girl). I'm sitting there daydreaming about Judith's next opportunity to get all dressed up - mostly thinking about what to try to improve in my makeup routine and how to approximate to a more feminine eyebrow without doing anything too drastic - when the hairdresser asks "would you like me to trim your eyebrows?"!!! Guess who nearly fell off the chair (she's never suggested eyebrow trimming before and they weren't too hairy-caterpillar-like). "Err em OK" says me after I recovered. Nothing too drastic done, just a tidy but... Darling wife clams NOT to have put hairdresser up to it but I'm not convinced! Little did she know what I was thinking about!

Still feels rather surreal

Platinum Member
    I think you're reading too much into this. Hair dressers routinely trim male brows. Its likely she just got around to asking.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

My old barber, I now do my own hair, always asked if I wanted my brows trimmed and not just me, he asked every customer. Maybe the hairdresser has just been a little ship-shod in the past, realized it, and is trying to improve her customer service.
    Babs

I have been asked a couple of times at my barber shop. A couple of times I have not been asked and they trimmed away. And my brows already lean to the femme side. It only happened to me in the last couple of years.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Agree wishfull thinking.....they are based on services sales.

Part that bothers me
    My wife doesn't know about my cross dressing (either that or she's not letting on).
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

My GF always asks me that when she cuts my hair and so do most barbers, hair dressers, etc.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

As you get older I have many barbers ask me if I want my eye brows trimmed. They never pluck them but just lay a comb on them and cut.

I had mine brows trimmed in a shop for the first time when I switched from a barber to a hair dresser.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Welcome to being middle aged. As men get older hair starts growing widly everyplace, except on our head. I wouldn't read anything into it about your wife putting her up to it.

I get my eyebrows trimmed with each haircut, have done so for as long as I can remember. That is just part of good grooming.

Jodi

I agree with most of the replys. When I passed 40 barbers began asking if I wanted my eyebrows trimmed. Now my wife cuts my hair (at least what's left of it) and always trims the eyebrows and ears. I wouldn't read too much into it if I were you.
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

As a man I always get my eyebrows trimmed and they are not excessive either.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Yes, don't worry about that. It's when they start asking if you want your ear or nose hairs trimmed that you need to be paying attention.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Banned Read only
    When I used to get my hair cut, they would always trim my ear and nose hairs, I never got asked if i want my eyebrows done. Maybe I need to go to a salon

Aspiring Member
    Wow, this is the first I have heard of a stylist asking to trim male eyebrows. I have to trim my own random hairs.

I don't blame you for being surprised by it, I know I would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Charles View Post
    Yes, don't worry about that. It's when they start asking if you want your ear or nose hairs trimmed that you need to be paying attention.
    Yeah, my hairdresser always asks if I want my ear hair trimmed! Despite the fact that I trim it myself regularly. The stuff grows like weeds when you reach your mid-thirties.
    I dance to a different beat.

Aspiring Member Tammy Nowakowski's Avatar
    i had mine waxed two weekends ago for the 1st time

Although I agree that you shouldn't read too much in to this, I have never been asked by any of my barbers if I wanted my eyebrows trimmed.

I guess I'm just not lucky enough like all the other girls who've experienced this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Charles View Post
    I'm not worried, just the timing (the coincidence of where my thoughts were at that moment) that was surreal! As for the ear hairs, she already just trims those without a word! The joys of middle age!