Thread: Encouragement needed please - first outing on Friday...

Unhappy Encouragement needed please - first outing on Friday...

Having been a closet dresser for about 40 years, then my wife finding out about 18 months ago (surprisingly benign) - this Friday I will be going out dressed with people I know. Admittedly it's under the guise of fancy dress - but I have taken the opportunity to go en-femme.

The theme of the evening (a Christmas party for my wife's dieting club) is musicals. The only 'excuse' I could come up with was to go as Priscilla queen of the desert. Now this presents a slight problem because I like to dress fairly conservatively when I go out and I don't like the drag queen look - I prefer (generally) to be more authentically my 50+ age. So I have picked an outfit that, hopefully, fits the theme (to satisfy everyone else) but allows me to look reasonably feminine (to satisfy myself). It is a pink 70's disco outfit with a silver wig (not sure if the mods allow a link here - but this is it http://www.joke.co.uk/disco-girl-costume~73404/).

Of course I will be adding my own breast forms, silicon hip enhancers and high heeled pink strappy sandals and will be applying my own (finely-honed over several years) make-up and will be able to walk quite happily in the heels. I will try to avoid the inevitable questions about all of this - how come you....? Where did you get...?

I'm really excited about it - surprisingly not nervous. It's a MAJOR milestone for me - hopefully it will go well - not sure where it will lead.

Wish me luck....

I'll let you know how it goes
    Christine x - more pics on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/misschristinereid/

Platinum Member
    well, honestly, Christine, its about time I think you'll look smashing in that outfit and you can excuse the excess to the party theme. Best of luck...as if you'll need it!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Costume parties are always a good way to test the waters. Get out and see the world through your girl eyes. Im sure it will be fun and Im sure you will knock 'em dead.
    Erica

Thanks for the encouragement! Just to clarify - I've been out a lot on my own - but not with anyone who knows me as a man. I know a few people at this do so it brings it much closer to home and is a game changer for me...
    Christine x - more pics on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/misschristinereid/

La Cage and Hairspray have TG parts. Also Rent has a very meaty part, Angel, who is TG and does not dress all the time like a DQ. May have to explain that to non-Broadway people but that would be the one I would choose
    angel.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Great outfit, Christine! Go out there and do your sisters proud!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Sound like fun, I had you pegged as Sandy from Grease. I'ld be more happy as me in any role except drag but with good company and good wine, why not
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I agree that is is about time.I know that the first time going out dressed is somewhat hard to wrap your mind around, but I promise that it will be fun and a great experience. Since it is with friends and with your wife makes it all the better. Have fun and let us know how it goes.

Dancing Girl!

You Go Girl! I haven't made the plunge myself (getting there!) but your presentation is great and I know you will do fine. Make your entrance with a boom-box playing Abba's "Dancing Girl" and you will be a hit.

For future reference you might consider "Hedwig, the Angry Inch" -- a true story of a punk rocker from E. Berlin. It's funny, and unlike many movies, it treats Transsexuals with respect.

Have fun and keep us posted, please.

you will be super fine
    Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Room on the outing for one more Christine? The outfit is certainly not from your own wardrobe....eek, perish the thought. However, this is a fantastic opportunity to strut your funky stuff.

Your biggest problem will not be explaining the costume but how you walk so well in heels . Seeing as it's showbiz, "Have a Ball darling".

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Just do it well when you present yourself to the world.
    Look good and be happy.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

you can do it, and remember any one who says any thing is mad that they couldn't pull it off
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]