Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How important is your hair?

How important is your hair?

With women hair is more or less their "glory" as that is the first thing noticed about their appearance and they spend a lot of time with it and sometimes voice a lot of frustration concerning it as they want it "perfect". How about you as a CDer? Is your hair an important part of your appearance and presentation and do you spend a lot of time making sure it's "just right"? Regardless of whether it's your own hair styled in a feminie way or a wig how important is your hair to you and your female image?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I wear a wig and it is very important as it completes the look from male to female. Without my wig I'm just a guy in a dress.

I agree with the other Linda's post. Without the wig, I am just a guy in a dress.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

My hair is important to me in both modes. I've had it long hippie style, more classic (1950's style, combed sideways), crew cut, and so on. I consider it important to my looks.

When dressed, I try to style it in a more feminine way. I can spend hours trying to get it right. So yes, it is very important to me.

Having not worn a wig in at least the last four years or so, my hair has become an integral part of my being. I've gone out with it styled meticulously and also very basic wash/dry/no-style and feel equally at ease with myself. My hair is probably more important than makeup these days.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

That's why it's called the crowning glory - it's the big difference it makes in the transformation process.
    When I see a woman, the things I notice first are (but not in any order) shoes, face (makeup), and hair.
    So it's not surprising that I focus on these as a CDer. I have my own idea of what looks good, which may be different than what others think, which is OK because I dress for the guy in the mirror. Yes, hair is important to me.

I agree it is important. If I did have a full head of hair I would spend a lot of time styling and fussing with it. As it is now when I'm dressing, my wig is the next to last thing I put on but I still brush it or comb it until I'm satisfied with the look. If it's a Futura blend wig I fuss and style it with the curling iron. Girly stuff to be sure but pleasing nonetheless.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Like Linda E said my wig completes the transition from guy with makeup and wearing a dress to well dressed classy old broad. My hair is always the last thing I do before jewelry. The result is profound and even a little awe inspiring!

Platinum Member
    Hi Kate My hair is very important to me in both modes I'll be 71 in a couple weeks and still have a full head of hair
    and it's always neatly combed and when I am dressed in femme my wig is always fixed just right.
    I've always said that my hair is my Crowning Glory.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Hair is important (worry about it getting too thin someday - but grateful to have what I have now)

It is very important. I like buying wigs. But I do not spend much time combing or styling them. It is essentially just the way it comes out of the box.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    In my younger days I had a full head of thick, chestnut brown hair that grew halfway down my back at one point. Although I still have nice coverage, it's now thinned out quite a bit, as it's supposed to. When I'm fully dressed as Carla it feels so familiar and sexy to have hair again. I carefully comb out my wigs and get them looking just right. And then, with all of the makeup in place the hair gets positioned and that smile happens. Well, hello Miss Carla. Its been awhile.
    Last edited by CarlaWestin; 11-13-2013 at 10:26 AM.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I wish I had hair to grow long! The wig is essential for my female appearance, I think I have eight of them but always a favorite, and yes, it is the last thing on and I do fuss with it when dressed. But then, in the Northeastern winter, I usually wear a hat when in drab. From the inside, I can't really tell which I am wearing and because it's almost always one or the other, it's stupidly easy to get it wrong until I happen to pass a mirror. Bald girl in a Stetson? Um, probably not. Guy in a girly wig, um no. Except I do have one extra-large hat that works nicely over a wig. Maybe that needs to be my everyday look, lol!

I'm a child of the 80's when big hair was the thing! I have hairpieces for BOTH sides! And yes, "ugly's" hair pieces are long styles to!

Hair is my crowning glory.
    You do have to have it...
    But not on your face.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    I am nearly slick bald.

I love when I have on a wig and hair.

Linda has it nailed. The wig is the final item that tranforms the shape of the male face to that of female.

Maria
    The Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies

Banned Read only
    My hair completes my transformation, I wouldn't be complete without my wigs. I have had short hair for years due to my previous occupation, but now, I am letting my natural hair grow out. It's almost shoulder-length now and I can't wait to start styling and playing with it

H-m-m-m, The way things are going maybe I should have called this "Hair 101".

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    It's right up there on top. My hair was one of the first serious discussions my wife and I had about style and matching body type/shape with clothes, makeup, and hair. Color, and style counts a lot to bring out or minimize one's features!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Since I don't have much hair of my own I would say for sure the hair completes the look. I've for now only have the one wig so I just have to deal with that. I've always been a hair person and love all the cute girls styles. The only place I hate hair is everywhere but on my head. Love having a smooth body everywhere

It is very important and a major factor in the female look. I wear wis and find it important to find wigs that fit my face structure. I have 4 wigs and select based upon the mood I'm in and clothing selection.

Banned Read only
    Time has taken its toll on the top of my head. A wig is essential for appearing as much like a woman as possible. The only hair I have is white, not grey. My wig is grey. Years ago I wore a blond wig to match my blond natural hair. As it began to turn a "dirty blond" I bought became a brunette. I've been thinking of going to some sort of salt and pepper shade.

As others have stated without the wig, I appear just as a man in a dress. As a man the loss of hair is no big deal.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Over the years I've been suffering more and more from male pattern sunburn. After I retired from my job where I had to keep my hair short I decided to let it grow and now I realize how terribly thin it has become. It's fun to play with but there is no way I'd be able to go out without a wig. My head, face, neck and shoulders all scream "Guy!" without a wig. I've found that even after all the attention to makeup, body shaping, nails, clothes and accessories, the magic doesn't happen until the wig goes on. It both conceals many of my guy cues and softens my overall appearance. The wig can't do it alone but in military terms, it is a force multiplier when used in concert with all the other tools and tricks in my crossdressing armory.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

How my hair (wigs) look is important to me as I think hair is the final touch in my looking like a woman. I have many wigs and some are definitely "stay at home" wigs while there are others in which I feel fine when out in public.
    Hugs, Carole