Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What perks?

Don't know if it is really considered a perk. Just wamt to be accepted as a female on the outside, as I feel I am on the inside 24/7 365. Also improve my some what natural curves and feminine physique with some good hormone therapy from my doctor. She already knows my feelings and is cool with them. Which surprised me about female doctor.
    Last edited by wilt575; 11-14-2013 at 06:28 PM.

I am with the looks and feel crowd. One of the best perks though is just to be myself.

The biggest perk is the ability to feel this good by just changing our clothes. I think it's nearly impossible to explain this to a non crossdresser. I really feel that we are a small select group that has found a special yet secret way to cope. Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

No perk. Just being me. All of me.

I do not expect any perks other than what you mentioned - enjoying the fun of crossdressing and gaining self-satisfaction from the 'adventure' of doing it! My journey is one of exploring this wonderful CD fog!
    Di

How never really thought of that, I guess doing something that my instinct tells me to do and it feels so good and enjoyable. If only other men really knew what they are missing. Good post it was very interesting to read what everyone else said.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    If by perks you imply extra life bonus, I get to live an average life knowing that, when I have a chance, there's this whole other world, just on the other side of the looking glass. That woman in the mirror, with the beautiful makeup, hair and figure steps away from the man she was. It's a euphoric experience that trumps any other life perk. YMMV
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I've been to LGBT clubs, and one perk is I have had gay guys buy me drinks, even though I'm not really attracted to men.....I'm really just a cheapskate.

What it all comes down to is I'm being me, there really is no perk required.

It is the ability to express myself more freely and perhaps to experience just a tiny bit of what Persephone refers to as "girl world."

Oh, and on occasion gentlemen have given us their seats.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by EllenJo View Post
    For me the only "perk I get from dressing is a feeling of complete calm and normalcy. For my wife, she gets a husband that wears skirts and blouses that loves to clean house and cook meals. I think we both win.
    Hugs
    Ellen Jo
    Works for me!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Not sure about the "perks" aspect, but I do relish the feeling of looking like the woman I am on the inside!

The major perk, for me, is a calmness that seeps into me as I am finishing getting dressed and stays with me until I have to undress.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    What are the perks you expect to gain by spending the time, effort and resources to look and act like a woman? Some expect few to none, other than self satisfaction. Others expect a lot, including being seen and thought of as a woman. What perks do you expect to gain? This may offer some insight to SO's who can't seem to wrap their heads around why their man wants to CD.
    In fact, it will usually only cause a GG to see how blind you are to the difficulties that exist to being a woman, and you can expect it to escalate into quite an argument over which sex has it harder and easier in life, an argument no man will ever win, so why try that maneuver in the first place? It's just looking for trouble, and it won't end happily, I guarantee you.
    If you're looking to find a reason to explain to a GG why you want to dress, make yourself up, and behave like she does, be very prepared to explain why you're doing all the things she does to attract men, if you're not doing it for that reason as well.
    The perks a GG gets from being pretty and feminine are all related to being attractive to, and getting the attention and favors of, males. So be prepared to explain away your underlying homosexual/bisexual desires; because while it can be done, the chances of her believing you are slim indeed.
    I'm just saying; you're opening up a very large can of worms here.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I don't really think every SO will think their man is trying to attract the opposite sex Lexi, some of them just strive to understand it. I know many will think (like my wife did) that how she looks is not good enough, so that their man has to create his own "woman" who he likes better. That is rarely, if ever, the case. We strive to reach understanding of motivations but even if we don't succeed as the anwser is so nebulous, we at least try and that goes a long way with an understanding woman.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    The perks a GG gets from being pretty and feminine are all related to being attractive to, and getting the attention and favors of, males.
    Be prepared to have your male ego bubble burst. Women do not live in a perpetual state of desiring a male. Maybe pubescent teens spend a great deal of their time dreaming of guys, but most of the rest of the female population is far too busy to spend much time obsessing about men.

Most of the time women dress for many other reasons.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Platinum Member
    As others have commented, I don't expect any perks, unless feeling fully at ease and at home in ones own skin is considered a perk. It's certainly a benefit.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

The largest perk for me was gaining self confidence...learning to feel good about something that I felt was wrong from childhood to being an adult and feeling free to experiment with gender. But, the real advantage to feeling self confident is peeling back all the onion skins on the other parts of my life when I felt repressed, fear...now in general I am more open, calm, outgoing, its hard to quantify it, but feeling like you are hiding or that you can't share something as harmless as cross dressing really takes a toll.
    Chickie

Cd'ing "completes" me. I finally feel happy with who I am. And I love how I feel in girl mode!

Well, for me there was never a perk in fact i hated when the uge came although i did get excited by it ( the urge of getting dressed not sexual). Then i found this wonderful forum and all the wonderful people on it who are supportive and encourging, that is a perk. I have a very high stressed job and travel 3 out of 4 weeks on average, and dressing in my hotel room just gives me a little time to escape from the real world and just enjoyu being the woman i love when i look in the mirror.
    MY Wife reminded me of her perk as well, she get a loving caring Hubby and girl friend who loves to do household chores lol. She always says give you a pair of panties and thi highs and sit back because i get all fired up to clean the house.LOL.

I think most of all the perk i get now is finally feeling whole and not ashamed of my little past time, and that is mostly due to this forum and all of you. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Be prepared to have your male ego bubble burst. Women do not live in a perpetual state of desiring a male. Most of the time women dress for many other reasons.
    Persephone.
    Edit. I had a long explanation written, but basically it comes down to this. If we're going to talk, walk, dress, behave, emulate and do our best to look like beautiful, sexy women, real women will usually assume we're doing it to attract men. You can come up with any other reason you want; good luck convincing women of those other reasons.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 11-20-2013 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Simplification.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.