Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Observations of males wearing skirts etc

Quote Originally Posted by KathrynW
    I'm Sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree with you big time here.
    Yes, some cd's can certainly "pass" better than others, that's a no-brainer. But, I don't believe your definition of crossdresser is accurate. IMHO, someone who makes absolutely no effort whatsoever to look female, doesn't fall into the classification "crossdresser". Someone with a full beard is obviously making no effort. :-
    Actually, it seems your definition of crossdressing is inaccurate. While it may be your "humble opinion" it is not fact.

From Wikipedia:

Every society throughout history has had a set of norms, views, guidelines, or laws, regarding the wearing of clothing and what is appropriate for each sex. Cross-dressing is behavior which runs counter to those norms and therefore can be seen as a type of transgender behavior. It is not, however, necessarily transgender identity since a person who cross-dresses does not always identify with another sex.

[SIZE=-1]Cross-dressing in general is the act of wearing the clothing of another gender for any reason.
    From the dictionary:
    [/SIZE] To dress in the clothing characteristic of the opposite sex.
    From Speaking of Crossdressing:
    For the most part, a crossdresser is an individual who wears the clothing normally associated with those of the opposite sex. Although people of both sexes crossdress, for the purposes of this discussion, primarily I am speaking about men who feel a need to wear women's clothing. Often it's done in private, sometimes beneath their masculine outerwear, and occasionally as the primary attire. Crossdressers do not always affect a full, feminine presentation; many are quite happy to combine a full beard and a frilly blouse.

Haley Pink~

Hmmmm?

Well years ago now there used to be this Guy in Effingham Illinois that would walk down the same streets all the time waving at people coming through that town. He always looked like a Man in a Dress. But He'd wear every kind of femme clothing you could think of.

At that time I was way into denile, and would not try to pay attention to Him.
    But the other people with me, as we would drive through town. Would point Him out all the time and comment. They would wave back at him. He was always around the same gas station on the main highway through Effingham Illinois.

I haven't been down that way for over 20 years. So I don't know if He's still around. But He was always dressed in something pretty and usually had a frilly umbrella with Him.

Haley
    Last edited by HaleyPink2000; 01-02-2006 at 02:57 AM.

Helen is my "girlie" name, the name of the female persona I have. I used "Montfort Cherub" when I first came here as there was another "Helen" and these are the brand names of the knickers (panties) belonging to my older sister Anne that I first wore from the age of 12.

On the matter of what is a "CD", I would say that this is a person who enjoys, feels more at ease with themselves, and in many cases obtains sexual arousal from wearing clothing usually intended for the opposite sex. For example a man such as myself who wears women's panties 24/7 instead of male underpants and has done so since adolescence, and who also wears other female clothing such as skirts and dresses but in my case only indoors at home. I would not pass these days in my middle age even as a "Granny". To me it is the wearing of the female clothing, especially panties, and skirts and dresses indoors, which is a turn on. I would like to be able to wear a skirt outdoors but would not even attempt to pass as a woman.

To me a "TV" is one who not only enjoys in all the above senses wearing the clothing of the opposite sex, but who also tries to appear as realistically as a such and in public. This is of course far easier for the Female to Male TV as it has long been accepted that a woman can go about in public wearing male clothing even very butch attire, have very short hair etc and attract no adverse comment in most cases. For the Male to Female TV as we all know life is far more difficult to say the least! Whether in public places or in work as one case discussed on this website illustrates, a Man in Women's clothing, make up etc is likely to attract adverse attention if not physical assault.

The reason for this thread was to gauge if there was any change either here in the UK or in the USA (or elsewhere) with males being seen to wear skirts or dresses even if these males were not attempting to pass as female as such a move in the accepted dress codes would make life much easier both for those who are TVs and for other males who may not wish to go as far as wearing beast forms or make up but do want to publicly wear a skirt rather than be enclosed in trousers.

In the examples I mentioned I didn't see if their legs were shaved. The young man dressed identically to his girlfriend had knee length boots as she did and the teenager was wearing long dark socks possibly pop socks and in both cases I didn't want to stare.
    Last edited by Helen MC; 01-02-2006 at 04:20 AM.
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    I used to travel daily to Edinburgh and there was a guy who got the same train as me who always wore a skirt, it was definitely a skirt not a kilt.
    He was middle-aged with horned rimmed glasses and a very bushy full beard.
    He always wore black knee-length socks which made his spindly legs look even spindlier.
    He did look very odd, but I never heard anyone passing any comment about his skirt, I think people were just too polite, but I could visualise him in different circumstances at a different time, a Saturday night say, when he would have been in real physical danger.
    When I was at secondary school there was a guy who would occasionally
    wear a shool skirt and knickers, which I found mind blowing as I was doing the same at home.
    It turned out he wasn't a crossdresser though, he just liked causing a fuss.
    He used to turn up in winter wearing just a pair of shorts, with his clothes on backwards, and once in pyjamas!
    I've only ever worn a skirt outside when I've been fully dressed and with a crowd.

Love Angela XX
    Last edited by Angela Burke; 01-02-2006 at 11:09 AM.

There was a guy at uni who used to go to all the rock nights wearing a leather mini-skirt, black tights and knee length fm boots, with an ac/dc t-shirt and bike jacket. He looked quite effeminite, but he insisted he wasn't trying to look girly.

Sadly, he was often beaten up by 'locals' because of what he chose to wear.

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar

Men's underwear

I have noticed a change in the style of underpants. In general they have stopped being underpants and started to be shaped.
    Come to that the men have started developing a massive tummy shape too which just does not suit the slip style that a lot seem to wear.
    Me, I like the slips or the thongs.
    Sloggi was mentioned at the beginning and I remark that they are comfortable but, I object to privately displaying the trade name round my middle. True it is mostly private, and it does fold down out of sight.
    The other objection in the shape of the front. It seems designed to maximise whatever size bundle it covers and I do not mean the belly that is sort of over it, but has escaped upwards.
    My current preference is for the HOM series, the slip with the one inch side. It seems that many major shops are trending that way too. Thank goodness, but I wish they would not change the style so often.
    Thank goodness also that I can boast a 28" waist for the HOM style.
    Last edited by Sam-antha; 01-03-2006 at 03:32 PM.
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

As far as men wearing skirts or the like, what you described seemed to be close to the gothic subculture - which seems to have quite a few men wearing long skirts and CDing.
    I dreamt all my future, relived my past and witnessed the beauty of the beast.