Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many of you like really long hair?

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I love long hair and I love my long hair. Just as importantly, my fiancee also loves my long hair! And I had a friend just tell me that, in male mode with it up in a ponytail, it looks "very techie." Just the impression I'd like to make.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I had really long hair all through my illspent youth. And, it was very thick. Now I keep it short so wigs fit good and snug. Long wigs!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Platinum Member

My Hair Is My Crowning Glory in both mode.

Hi Ester, I still have a full head of hair I have a regular mens haircut with a wave in the front
    If I would've been born about 30yrs. later I would probably have had long hair.
    All my best wigs are below my shoulders I love big hair on women.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Love my long hair... been wearing it long for 20+ years, since junior high school. My Wife's is even longer, which is great... i'm not a fan of short hair on women at all.
    "You say, 'There's not a lot of me, left anymore- just leave it alone...'" (Tori Amos)

I definitely look better in a longer wig

Banned Read only
    I think having a long hair is part of what makes a woman, a woman. I would kill to have natural long hair, but unfortunately the hair gods were not kind and took my hair. So now I have to wear a wig. If someone would come up with a way to end baldness they would be a very wealthy person.

I have not cut my hair in over a year now and it is now down past my shoulders. I love being able to style it in a feminine style and I can pull it back to look less feminine when necessary. I don't mind wearing wigs, but nothing quite feels like having your face framed with your own long hair.

I have always appreciated long flowing tresses on women. My wife and daughters all wore their hair at or below the shoulders. I have to rely on numreous wigs to achieve the length of hair that I consider an asset to femininity. Alas, I'll never be able to grow my own hair because of male pattern baldness but as long as I have my wigs, I too can enjoy the long hair that the females in my life had.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

I'm a Lumberjack & I'm OK
    I love long hair on women. I have a couple wigs with long hair too. But after wearing the longer hair for a while, I understand why most women our age either pull it back or put it up for all but special occasions.

I wear a wig with hair a little above my shoulders most of the time when I go out. I blend in better. When I do wear my longer hair I get noticed more. I'm never sure if that's because I'm read or just appreciated with the long hair more.

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    I so relate.. and i kept my short for 2yrs..then said F them since i was told that I can't move up in $$ unless i move to another area.. so i started letting it go.. yes i get the comments and jokes..but who cares..it won't put $$ in my pocket if i conform.. lol. i do my job to the best of my abilities.. and not many can say different..hair or not..
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

I used to keep my hair about 1/8" long until I retired a few years ago. I haven't cut it since and my braid is almost to my waist. It's now longer than it ever was in my teens but not half as thick, white instead of black and receding on top. There is nothing feminine about it at all. I look like a crazed hillbilly. Dogs cower and whimper away when I walk by. Children grab their mother's leg. I'm starting to get tired of it. Maybe when it gets to my belt I'll donate it.

Love it, love it, love it.

I've always loved long hair and wish that I could have back the hair I had in college which was pretty long at the time.
    Now that Mother Nature has decided I can't have it anymore I wear my wigs and enjoy it shoulder length. I do have a shorter style that I love, but I certainly do prefer my hair longer.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Gold Member
    I think having long hair is a big part of me. I am not the most creative person, but I do like trying to do different things with it. I do wish it was a little healthier, but I have it. As far as work goes, I am just the hippie among the masses. I recently went for a new position in the company that would require a lot of high level and customer exposure (this is a fairly large company) and was told my hair might hold me back. I got it. It is nice to know that your employers looks at your output and not discount you over irrelevant things.

For me, long, beautiful, silky hair spells 'female'. I love it on women, I love it on myself. As I grew out of the age where I could grow my own, I substituted wigs. Now, I substitute a GG so I can play with her hair. Whatever it takes to get through the day.....
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I have had long hair "for a guy", my whole life. It gets longer or shorter with current trends, I do need to keep up a professional look, I am remebered for my longer hair. Below the chin now and growing it out. I wear wigs to change color or style, the longer the better. Just LOVE IT. Algoma

I like long hair more than short hair. I think girls are pretty with long hair and I like the way I look with long hair. All personal references.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

I sooooo wish I could have long hair. Of all the things to have, a full head of long hair is #1 on the list

Started growing it out when I retired 4 years ago. Although it has survived a couple of disastrous haircuts (one self inflicted, one by a so called "professional"), it is currently at the bottom of my shoulder blades and is gradually heading south. I just have a little grey at the temples which ain't bad for someone pushing 70, exposed in a ponytall, but easily concealed when down.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

I had relatively long hair in the 60s when the Beatles were a popular band. Since 1972 or so it's been a normal "men's" length and cut.

Long hair looks out of place on an older man unless it's kept really nice and that's a chore. Otherwise one looks like a homeless person. So, I wear a wig when crossdressing.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I tried growing mine out. It looked very good (actually, I was surprised how good with some color, length, straightening and conditioning), except for my temples where I've got male pattern. It was manageable with hair spray up to a certain point in male mode and then the hair hit a critical limit and it wanted to fall down in my face which made wind and bending over or doing any hard work a challenge. I decided a wig was the best option because even though real hair was a great experience, it wasn't practical for both male and female.
    Chickie

I had my hair long for as long as I can remember until recently. It's now too thin and receding too much and had to be cut. I still hate getting it cut. Every time I go in, it kills me a little inside. If I ever get the money, I will look into hair replacement and see if it will work for me. I hate wigs.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

As Lexi said earlier, long hair and long nails... Yum!
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    As a teen I had my own long hair and I really liked it. I never did anything fun with it, as I had yet to CD, but I still liked my long hair. Eventually I started losing it, and with great sadness I shaved it all off. Now my natural hair is kept buzzed to my scalp and actually I find it to be far easier to care for and live with.

Wigs though have been quite a venture. With my latest one, I went to a stylist for the first time. I asked her to cut some more layers into it, as completely straight long hair does nothing for my look. I think my looks are enhanced by having some strands curling around my neck and under my chin, it helps to not make my neck look so big. So the stylist complied and cut the layers, which looked great. But then I asked her to cut all of the hair a bit shorter, as I thought it was too long. She played with the hair a bit and finally said, "Yeah, I think you should keep it long. It looks good, and having long hair is half the fun of being female, so you should keep it." I followed her advice, and I love it. But I am happy it is a wig and I get to take it off.

To my waist in my youth. Would love to have enough to do that again,but alas.........