Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where are all the crossdressers?

Where are all the crossdressers?

First off, let me clarify the title with some context. Where are all the guys who just wear the clothes/makeup/wigs/forms without wanting to live life as a woman or even be generally passable on the whole?

I know there are a multitude of people here on the forums with so many different lifestyles and ways about their goings on, and I wish nothing but happiness for them but as I lurk here on the forums reading all the stories and questions, I notice a very real lack of just... "Dudes in a dress".

Like for me, I don't have a girl side. No other personality or change in my person. I am very much still me, just in something frilly. When I do dress up, the rush of... whatever it is feels like ive been sitting for awhile and I got up to stretch. A headrush, heart beats faster and it feels like stretching a muscle that hasn't been used much. Several ladies that have known about it claim that im more affectionate when we're alone and I do it but I blame it on that im finally alone with them. The women that frequent my bedroom, which isn't much might I add, are the ones who ever see me do it. -shrug-

Just kind of wondering where the guys are hiding at?
    "Some people might suggest that I'm a closest-case Male to Female Crossdresser. I simply inform them that the doors to Narnia are open. Are you comfortable enough to take a trip through the armoire?"

Visit my Facebook! Add me! I need friends! <3 - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1360871615

I am here.

I have never tried to pass as a woman.... First I have no desire at this time to do so, Second I am sure there is no way I could pass as a woman.

I never thought my personality changed when I was dressed up, however my wife has told me it does a little. It isn't great changes just little things. Like the way I sit and walk around the house.

So to let you know, you are not alone here.

I consider myself a crossdresser bacause I simply love the look and feel of feminine clothing, however, I do believe there is a feminine side to my life. It's a more sensative, caring side where I'm able to display my feelings rather than stuff them.I have also discovered that as my male self I can take on almost any task requiring a man, but shun those same tasks when presenting as a female. If that makes me anything more than a crossdresser, I fail to see it.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    So are you looking for those that crossdress for show and tell..like a stage.. like drag queens? they do it for the show without wanting to change over.. or are you talking about the person who dresses..loves that its his body..but such lovely attire.. that would be me on a good day..lol
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I sorta fit your category because there are many days when I just dress up no makeup nothing of that sort. I always workout in female workout attire so I guess I fit

I suppose I'm simply looking for just the forum browsers that are no different as a man than a woman might act, despite I can tell you right now that ive met some ladies out there who are WAY more manly in the ways I would expect a man to act than I do. >.> Do I know anything about cars? Sports? Talking to women? lolnope.
    "Some people might suggest that I'm a closest-case Male to Female Crossdresser. I simply inform them that the doors to Narnia are open. Are you comfortable enough to take a trip through the armoire?"

Visit my Facebook! Add me! I need friends! <3 - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1360871615

Imeni,

"Dude in a dress" is generally hurled as an insult; an atrocity worthy of ridicule. In my case it's simply the reality when I put one on.
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    MOST of us here r crossdressers, Imeni. Altho cd.com may have many thousands of members, most r occasional visitors or lurkers. Who read but don't post very often. I would guess most r closet dressers?

The majority of active posters jn the general forums here r usually the same ones over and over. I guess am one of those. And, I am, for the most part, a closet, man in a dress, dresser. I don't seem to have a "female side" and am the same person no matter how I'm dressed. Just more excited and stimulated when I'm Sherry!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Makeup addict!
    That would be me!

Right here!

In fact, the name "Krystalina" is a holdover from the time when I thought about having an actual female identity. Nowadays, I'm cool just being me, abet I'm working towards a more androgynous look. I love and adore women clothes, and do women things like paint my toes and shave my legs. However, I detest male clothing and stereotypical male traditions...

I get what you are saying BUT we are all different, like we are all different in the real world, there is not just one way to go about it. A lot of us would never post a picture of our male side for all to see. Some are more than happy to show both their sides and some do show their male side in a dress. In my case that feeling you are describing grew into who I am today, I can say at first it was identical to what you describe. As soon as I was old enough to understand myself I realized that I wanted to be more girlish but never had the guts to follow thru. After I came out to my wife and was accepted and supported,the idea of looking mostly female living the life I love as a male helped me found,or at least understand who I am a lot better. After joining this forum and reading of all the people out there like me helped me to continue to understand and accept my nature nature with more clarity more and more each day.
    I am sorry I wrote so much but it is a great question.
    Last edited by Michelle V; 11-17-2013 at 12:39 PM.

That's me!

Silver Member
    When I go out in public dressed, I try to pass. I am not a TS by any means though, and I would just wear a skirt or whatever en drab in public sometimes, if that was an option.

Junior Member Stephanie Voorhees's Avatar
    You describe me pretty well. I love football and cars, and many other "manly" things. I just prefer to do them in pantyhose and heels. "Heather" is really no different from my male self. When dressed, I'm still my same, hairy self (except my legs). I love my male self, but I hate male clothing.
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 11-17-2013 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Please read the rules about firearms.

Sigh, I always knew Christina Kay's Avatar
    Couldn't have said it any better than Michelle V. ,,great answer Hugs
    Follow your path.. For only you can decide, which way to go.

I agree full with Aretha and Michelle

The ones you see are the ones that haven't acquired the skill or don't want to.
    The ones you don't see of course have slipped under the radar.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I do not wish to be a woman but I want the clothes. I don't see why I should not wear dresses because I am a man.

I guess I fit in this as well, Pretty much the same person, no matter how I am dressed.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I would like to be able to wear heels, skirt, peasant top during my daily life - but I have no desire to be a girl. I like being male.

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

Interesting question. Imeni, You've included wigs, forms and makeup which I consider a step toward female impersonation. So you're coming along! We're all at different levels of CDing with different reasons for doing it. Many started by wearing a few articles of clothing once in a while. I know that "dude in a dress" is just an expression, but with all the choices of women's clothes, wearing just a dress would be very limiting.

You're trying to divide CDs into two groups. Those with a "girl side" that want to pass and those that are men that wear women's clothes. Most of us are on a sliding scale somewhere between the two. Acting like a woman is half the fun. But some people don't have a desire to act or have any talent in that area. And for others it isn't an act, but an expression of who they are.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Gone to live my life
    Imeni,

CDing is a broad spectrum and I think most start somewhere along that spectrum and either stay or push the ball further down further down the field. While I will present in public in an effort to blend it is not because I want to be a woman, it is because if feels right just as it feels right when I am "male me" in the world. With the exception of presentation, I don't consider myself more feminine when "en femme" or for that fact more masculine when "en boy". I am just me whether I am wearing a dress or a suit. I hold no illusion that anyone sees anything other than a dude in a dress when I am out and about. So those CDers you are looking for . . . we are here, just dressed a bit differently and with more make-up.

Hugs

Isha

Great question, because I think it shows a division as important as whether or not one is gay or not.

NOT THAT IT MATTERS TO US OR THAT YOU SHOULD BE JUDGED OR TREATED ANY DIFFERENT! But it is a good thing to know about yourself, and that there are others who are NOT JUST LIKE YOU, but share some commonality.

Personally, vacillate- I would like to pass, but for my own sake. Then again, I'd like to feel comfortable being able to dress and pass in public to go out and shop. Or to live and work en femme sometimes. But not always.

i guess only if it was transparent. But I do like the dressing up part of it- I still like putting on a prom dress, cheer uniform, etc. I won't ever get SRS, but not just because i like parts of my male life.

Guess I'm the wrong person to answer this question, i can relate to several issues each on both sides of this fence.

No wonder i'm considered a 'cross' dresser- more like 'completely confused and contradictory' dresser.. :-/

Sheesh, the he!! with this thread, i'm going to go try on my new Nine West holiday/suit dress... :-) (there, that's better...)

Working out is girl' clothes is a great motivator to look better and fitter! At the gym it's always girls shoes, and socklets- androgyn looking though they are. Cycling- i can wear most things except the fitted cycling tank tops- even usually wear clear or buff nail polish, and a neutral shade of lip balm rather than a clear.

Really helps me on that 3rd hour of hard cycling, or on the last half hour of a 1 hour vertical mile, or sitting back down for another set of reps on the heavy leg press- I love the dichotomy of a guy, dressed in not un-cute shoes and shorts, shaved legs, pumping out a huge stack of iron. It helps me think I am 'passing' in terms of people thinking i might shave my legs because i'm an athlete, rather than a cd, but i do realize down deep either they are not fooled, do not care, or don't notice.

Still, it is fun, though kind of hard to justify a cute tri suit or cycling bib pants set if i am not going to wear that in public...

Though the more CD is accepted, the more i think about it. But yes, great reason to exercise and try to stay young looking. :-)

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I consider myself a crossdresser, I do not wear a wig normally, I do wear make-up, I do not try to "pass". I am a "dude in a dress".