Thread: Pink fog salon adventure

Pink fog salon adventure

I was out and about this morning and the urge hit me strongly. I saw a cost cutters that was empty. Not my first choice of salons as I like more feminine salons but the pink fog was on me. I used the 'lost a bet' ploy and said my hair had to be in tight curls and really girly. I told her I would be a good sport so do whatever she wanted - curls, ribbons, whatever to make it really feminine. The hairdresser loved it. She said "glitter?" I told her it was up to her. She curled my hair all over and backcombed it. Then she put on pink glitter. When she asked another girl to find a flower, I was in heaven. Now I have a nice fluffy, curly hairdo with pink glitter and a big red flower clipped on the side. It feels so right!

Of course, if an acquaintance had walked in, I would have been outed terribly, but my luck held. The pink fog can be dangerous!

Banned Read only
    I can't help but wonder why you weren't just completely honest.

As you were lying to the girl who did your hair, then if an acquaintance had happened to walk in, then you wouldn't have been outed. You could have just continued your lie.

The pink fog is not dangerous. It's simply an accentuation of who we are.

Jenni, I am quite in the closet and risking letting this side of myself come out just would not be acceptable to me. Normally if i do something like this I go out of town where the chance of meeting someone I know is quite small. this time, I was in town and really took an unacceptable risk - hence my comment about the dangers of the pink fog.

Hi Bethany!

Welcome to the group!

Wow! Your experience and your hair sound lovely! Hope you took a picture or two.

It also sounds like the fog rolled in pretty thick with its Shadow-like ability to cloud minds. As a CD you must always carry a bottle of this:

Enjoy your new hairstyle! And enjoy the forum!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Last edited by Persephone; 11-18-2013 at 02:04 AM.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I'm betting a lot of salons do guys who have "lost bets" and are probably used to it. A customer is a customer to them, you know?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

thats a cute story, sound like a thing I'd do.. but keep in mind they hear this stuff and see a lot, I bet they knew it was a story and wanted you to feel OK with it all.. they had fun you enjoyed it.. thats what counts.. (plus they made a sale and you maybe back)
    Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    Pink Fog?????? More like a Pink Out!!!
    Assuming you made it home just fine. How long do you get to wear it that way?

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    ..or at least a Pink Fogg (two g's as it was really thick LOL) - wonderful story, that's so great!!
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Bethany, I know the feeling. Last time I went to the salon, I had a similar "pink fog" moment. Unlike you, I went as Amy, and I just had my long hair trimmed and styled, not curled or with glitter and flowers. But, in the process, I got a scalp massage, an arm and hand massage, and had my makeup touched up after my hair was done. I felt like a princess! It was probably the most wonderfully feminine experience of my life. One day, I have to go back.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Banned Read only
    Despite your excuse, no one in the salon bought it. They all thought you were a cross dresser. In the"bet" scenario, the winner would be sitting right next to you giving you shit every second.

If they knew and played along with it they were good actresses. Actually I don't really care, as the fiction made both me and the hairdresser more comfortable. I was not admitting to crossdressing and she did not have to address doing hair on a crossdresser - which many women are uncomfortable with. they sure seemed to be having a lot of fun with it. My hairdresser mentioned doing my makeup and one of the other gals suggested red lipstick but I laughed it off and declined - would have loved it though. Maybe that makeup talk was a little bit of a test?

I still have my hair style, though I will be washing it out soon. Worried about getting rid of all of the pink glitter!

Sounds like a great time. I have to agree with some of the other girls that the hairdresser probably didn't buy it for a second. Glad everyone involved had a good time. Beware the pink fog and also the pink glitter!!! Last time I played with any glitter, I almost never got rid of it all..lol.

Sweetheart, if you walked around with a hairstyle like that you ain't in no closet anymore

In order to be a masochist you should have had it permed.

"Then you would have been imprisoned in your own head".

Brave or silly, I hope the experiment was an enjoyable success for you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Wink

I wonder what the creative hair styling genius, when I am enveloped in the blindingly pink fog, will create from the 3 hairs on MY head! Can't wait!

Banned Read only
    Hi Bethany, it sounds like you had a ton of fun! I'm do happy you enjoyed your girlie time! Next time you should get your hair style en femme!

Silver Member
    I routinely go to salons enfemme but since I'm still in the closet I go a good distance from home and always have to change back into guy mode before returning home. Bethany, if I understand you correctly you not only walked back to your vehicle looking like that but you went home looking like that as well and also weren't seen. If so you were quite lucky. The hairdresser knew the deal and she wisely went along with it. Were you the only client? No a days, few could do that without someone taking a cell phone pic as you walked down the street. Hope they didn't.

To Amy, you should most definitely go back. The treatment you got as Amy the first time is very likely to be repeated the next time (barring a change in staff).

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    So, next time go in and say, "I'm a gender explorer and I would like to have my hair and makeup done so I look unmistakingly female and I can blend in all day out in public." Then you can really get a fabulous result without all the glitter and blinking lights and stuff. Ever try to get glitter out of hair and clothes?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!