Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How come it is so hard to meet other CD ladies...

I really just want to meet people that share my hobby. I have been out to many events dressed up and CD girls at the places I have been dressed up were very cliquey. It was hard to get more than a hello out of most girls. It is just frustrating and honestly a little isolating knowing that CD girls exist but I can not meet any. I think it would be so fun to go out and share dressing experiences with like minded folks

I have the same problem
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Meeting people is easy if you are truly interested in who they are rather than trying to impress them with who you are. You can come and join my group of girlfriends, but you are going to have to "join" us! We're not going to be joining you. Trust me, the closet is not the best place to develop people skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra228 View Post
    I have been out to many events dressed up and CD girls at the places I have been dressed up were very cliquey. It was hard to get more than a hello out of most girls.
    Nope.

Don't blame other people for your shortcomings. If you want to meet people than meet them, it's really as simple as that.

People aren't "cliquey" because they're stuck-up, they're just not anymore comfortable with meeting people than you are. Walk up and say "hi", tell them you want to hang out with them because you don't know anybody.

If you choose to stand in the corner and wait for someone to entertain you, then don't be surprised if you spend a lot of time standing in a corner.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I agree with Lynn Marie and Melissa. I've gone out quite a number of times. But, because of shyness, bad hearing and loud music, and lack of confidence when I'm out dressed, I tend to hang back. The girls I know r always greeting and hanging in groups with others I don't. All having a great time yapping away! Sometimes I just don't feel all that social. But, I DO feel left out, too.

When I'm in a quieter, less crowded enviornment, I'll talk easily to the same "cliquey" girls I didn't know in the clubs. Rather than being stuck up, I've found them to be the opposite. Open, accepting, and eager to share their stories and themselves!

Just reach out, Sierra. I believe you'll be pleasantly surprised!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    Many of you are fortunate to live in places large enough to have organized or at least semi organized groups. You meet and get to know one another at these functions and since you are familiar with one another to an outsider, who is there and doesn't know anyone, being from that group we are from the new person is likely to be shy and unsure of how to insert themselves into a group like that. I know I have heard about groups I go in places like Colorado Springs or Denver but I don't because I am unsure about how I would be received. Maybe those in these groups should be more aware of new faces and put forth a little effort to show welcome and acceptance like folks do here when someone joins the forum. Which by the way is a somewhat difficult step for some people and welcoming words of acceptance go a long way to helping new people get involved.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

Banned Read only
    Well, I did it I met someone here who took me to a Transgender support group. It was nice to meet other people and listen to their experiences. I didn't say too much at the meeting, but I did make some friends! Afterwards, we all went to a Trans-friendly bar, I sang karaoke. That was the first time in years that I went out enfemme, I had a blast

I agree that it's difficult to find other cd's like myself. I've been out with my girlfriend a few times to a local drag bar, soo going out and being noticed isn't my issue. It just seems that most other CDs I've found are all looking for some sort of sexual interaction and that is something that I'm not looking for. Despite being bi, I'm happily committed to my incredible gf. I have absolutely no interest in cheating on her and destroying a good thing! It just seems, however, that the few cd's I've had contact with are only looking for "hook-ups." If only I could find another CD to simply spend time with and build a friendship! Play video games, watch movies, do each others nails, you know, the usual! lol

Not sure how active the TG community is in your neck of the woods Sierra. Around here, its just a matter of connecting through one or more of the groups or frequenting the LGBT establishments.

While its nice to meet girls here on line, most of us do not live within a stones throw of each other. That and getting out is sometimes difficult for we closeted girls.

Keep looking, I bet they are around, you just have not yet found them.

Hugs, Robin

Many CD's are married and are in situations where their wives do not approve. It is very difficult or next to impossible to get away to meet someone. Some are just flakes and want to talk. I have found for every 25 people who want to meet me, I may be lucky to see one. Sorry, that's the way it is. Don't give up as that one may turn out to be a very good friend.

I wrestle with the same feelings of uniqueness, and loneliness that Commander Data (from Star Trek TNG) often speaks of. I'm in a fairly redneck and conservative community, and if there is anyone else around, as far as I know, fear keeps them in the closet. It would be nice to know I'm not alone.
    So, if you're in SE Ohio, and see me out and about introduce yourself. Even if you're in drab, introduce yourself with your fem name.

Banned Read only
    Three decades ago when my wife and I had that expected conversation concerning cross dressing, she said it was OK with her if I wanted to attend a support group. I tried to find one. That was before the Internet was even invented. It took some doing but I did find a telephone number for a support group in Seattle. Or so, it was suppose to be a support group. Well, the jerks on the telephone gave me the impression those are the type of people I would never want to associate with on any level. Over the years I resolved with myself and my wife those cross dressing issues.

What I found over the years is the need to have some communality of interest before I will socialize with you. On this forum I've seen many posts on model railroading and scale model building. I'm a scale model building of military equipment. For the life of me I cannot envision myself at a model building event en femme.

I guess meeting others en femme has to have some purpose of self fulfillment. At times I have visited a website for a group in Seattle, who meet socially for dinner. If I clicked with those individuals it would not make any difference if anyone was en femme or en homme. That's my individual hurdle.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    At times I have visited a website for a group in Seattle, who meet socially for dinner. If I clicked with those individuals it would not make any difference if anyone was en femme or en homme. That's my individual hurdle.
    You're welcome anytime Stephanie.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Agreed. Always seems that the other person or people are only looking to get "serviced" and want you to show up dressed but they for some reason can not, or there is always some reason as to why they can not make it. I used to be secure a few years ago when I had the chance to dress more frequently, but as of late, I don't think I'd be as passable as I once was without some continued practice. Either way, the few times where someone actually did show up, they were not dressed, I was, and it made it awkward as they only wanted to see me and see what I would be willing to do. I didn't ask for a date, I just wanted to meet some other girls who wanted to make friends and share experiences.
    It would help if your area has a CD group, meet ups, activities, or what-not. If there isn't any as I've found the case to be, then it is just you trying to find individuals through online sites such as this with hopes of meeting someone who is willing to make friends.
    I wish you luck in your endeavor.
    Last edited by splitlife; 11-22-2013 at 02:53 PM.
    -Valerie