Thread: Late starter

Late starter

Hi Girls,

I love reading all the great stories here, the how old we're you when you first dressed threads are interesting and I see a lot of you girls started dressing at a young age compared to myself. I started playing with my wife's shoes, mostly boots around 34 and this very slowly progressed to full dressing at around 37. I do seem to be in the fog a lot lately and bless my wife she is ok with that, I wonder if I'm trying to catch up all the lost years....lol. I never remember being interested in women's shoes or clothing in my younger years and can't quite work out how this all got to where I am now but I love my dressing.....

Are there others who started later in life around? If so when did you start and how?

Late starter? Hah!

Except for some very limited and highly guilt-ridden experimentation, I didn't start dressing until I was in my 50s. Looking back, I really regret wasting all of those years when I was better-looking, but I just wasn't ready to come to terms with myself. I was lucky that when it all came to a head I had my very wonderful wife here to support me in discovering this side of myself.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Emma 73 I have been doing this on and off for a long time, but what I found so interesting in your post was and I quote" I never remember being interested in women's shoes or clothing in my younger years and can't quite work out how this all got to where I am now". I am a senior and like you I don't know how I got to where I am and why. All I know is that the feeling is real and doesn't go away, but I control it . It doesn't control me.

Emma and Eryn,
    I love reading all these late starter threads and consider myself very lucky to have had encouragement when I was younger.
    I did enjoy how I could portray a girl and so did my friends.
    Like all ladies I look in the mirror and remember what was.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I started in my 50's, too. But that was because the idea of trying on women's things NEVER OCCURRED TO ME before then!

I met a remarkable Tgirl yesterday. Here is her story:

She said she never thot about dressing until at age 40, her wife handed her women's panties as she stepped out of the shower. She wore them out that nite and all nite at home. Next day, she asked that they go to the mall to buy her some panties of her own. She picked a pile of different styles they thot she mite like. On the way to the register, she picked up a bra and skirt. Then, asked about nylons, tops, and shoes. By the end of the week, she had a full outfit, make up, and wig!

Soon after that she had an amicable split with her now ex. Has been on hormones for 3 years now and tho quite tall and slim, had visible breasts!

How's THAT for a turn around for a "late starter"?
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 11-19-2013 at 01:33 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Emma, I was "experimenting" with my mother's clothes when younger, and later wearing nightgowns, but I didn't really develop my full femme presentation until the same age as you were, or maybe slightly older...and I've only been getting out and becoming a "liberated woman" for the past year or so. Your case is far from unusual.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

YMMV
    earliest I remember was before kindergarten. growing up I was horrible about stealing clothes from my mom and such, but was so embarrassed about it that I hid it the best I could even though looking back I'm sure it was an open secret. Even as a kid I wanted to stop but the need to was just too strong to control even though I risked punishment for it. I would wear a bra and panties to bed when I could with maybe some socks in the cups to give some volume lol

crossdressers who start later in life have always stoked my curiosity, I suppose it's natural to wonder how we are different and how we are the same. Did you enjoy the sexual aspect of it with your wife's boots or was it just a matter of wanting to wear her boots around and about?
    "In our lives, change is unavoidable, loss is unavoidable. In the adaptability and ease with which we experience change, lies our happiness and freedom."

"My actual gender identity emerged as I healed from the scars of childhood not because of those scars" - Kelly J

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I was in my 50's when I started. Before that I didn't have the opportunity or was too scared or too religious. Now I have a lot less baggage and a lot better wardrobe! I have no regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by mary something View Post
    earliest I remember was before kindergarten. growing up I was horrible about stealing clothes from my mom and such, but was so embarrassed about it that I hid it the best I could even though looking back I'm sure it was an open secret. Even as a kid I wanted to stop but the need to was just too strong to control even though I risked punishment for it. I would wear a bra and panties to bed when I could with maybe some socks in the cups to give some volume lol

crossdressers who start later in life have always stoked my curiosity, I suppose it's natural to wonder how we are different and how we are the same. Did you enjoy the sexual aspect of it with your wife's boots or was it just a matter of wanting to wear her boots around and about?
    It did start out as a bit of a kink in the bedroom with the wife and then I think curiosity slowly got the better of me.
    I didn't think I was alone in exploring my femme side later in life, just seemed to me I was a late bloomer in this department, I sometimes find myself dreaming about being 21 again..LOL

Thanks for the replies ladies

I started in my mid-fifties. Had no inclination or indication before then. Maybe my wife, who doesn't know, had her intuition zeroed in...she has always refered to my underthings as panties.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Emma,

I have always has leanings toward CDing but repressed it for years only dressing en femme at a young age once (19 y/o) and never again. I have only recently started to dress en femme and present in public at the age of 49. So you are not alone in starting late.

Hugs

Isha

I am a late starter also. And yes wish I had started young when I was slim trim and wrinkle free lol But I am making up for it now. Working towards going out in public. All the beautiful girls on this site inspire me.

Had my 1st cognitive desire to be her instead of be with her at 17. I finally freed myself of denial and repression having just turned 48. That was almost a year ago.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    55 and married 34 years when Tina suddenly joined us! I still shake my head in disbelief when I think about it!

OK, I think I may be the oldest (or at least the oldest starter). I didn't start dressing until I was 58 or 59. Don't recall ever trying on anything of my mothers when I was a child. Didn't have any sisters (2 brothers in fact). I was forced into early retirement at age 61 and had a lot of time to "perfect" my look (I wish I could say that I'm happy with my progress, but at least I have made some!) I do not have a supportive wife (36 years), but thank goodness she is tolerant, and allows that this my hobby. I do go out occasionally, but not often, have met a few others who enjoy dressing locally. Wish I could tell you how it started, I don't know, I do know my first purchase was panties and hose, and that sort of got me going.
    Hugs,
    Carla
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Hugs,

Carla

http://flickr.com/photos/carla4guage/

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    She said she never thot about dressing until at age 40, her wife handed her women's panties as she stepped out of the shower. She wore them out that nite and all nite at home. Next day, she asked that they go to the mall to buy her some panties of her own. She picked a pile of different styles they thot she mite like. On the way to the register, she picked up a bra and skirt. Then, asked about nylons, tops, and shoes. By the end of the week, she had a full outfit, make up, and wig!

Soon after that she had an amicable split with her now ex. Has been on hormones for 3 years now and tho quite tall and slim, had visible breasts!
    I once knew a person in a similar situation. Said she developed a fetish for women's shoes, wanted to go out wearing them so she decided to dress fully... and in less than 2 years was post-op.

Being someone who has been around trans people for a long, long time, I have to wonder about how that happens. To go from 100% cisgender, "gender conforming" male to a TS... I can't help think something is missing in that equation. Cis male to TV, I can understand, but TS?

Well this is interesting read ladies, only my wife knows about Emma so it is nice to read some other stories.
    I wish I had started earlier but I'm in a happy place now......

It was a dare, and turned into a real desire. I too wish I had found this enjoyment many years ago, it has been just over a year for me. Dressing has been a happy thought that carries me through the daily grind, I don't ever want to go back to just "Jerry" lol. I am 44 yrs old, but this experience has given me new life : )

I didn't start until I was in my mid- 40s. I'm still in the closet almost 30 years later as my wife to whom I have been married for 45 years is horrified at the idea, so opportunities are limited.
    However, once bitten, the disease spreads as you know and there is no cure, not that I'm looking for one, mind!

M.

Hi Emma, I was a late starter. Didn't discover this wonderful pastime until my late 30's but once I did I progressed to full dressing very quickly because it was completely transforming myself into a woman that gave me the intense pleasure I still experience. Also like you, before I happened to find what thrill it was to CD I wasn't interested in women's clothing and didn't envy the female lifestyle. I've no doubt though if I had dressed myself as a girl at a younger age I would have had many extra years loving the experience.

I too will echo many of the before mentioned posts. While I engaged in cd fun during puberty, the fetish was repressed and the genie corked for decades. I simply had no want / desire to cd for more than 40 years. While I can theorize the reasons for Melissa's recent advent, I can honestly say that she didn't resurface until just a few months ago. I am now in my late 50's . The need to cd has totally shaken my reality and am still trying to understand what is going on with me . This forum has been so helpful in helping to find answers and inner peace. I thank you all for your thoughts, shared experiences and recommendations. There is still so much to learn .