Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: dressing our age

When I started (very late bloomer) I was obsessed with dressing my age - and I never go out! It took a while for me to try things a woman my age shouldn't go out in, just for the fun of it. I guess I need to make up for lost time?

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    That was my idea of dressing till about two years ago, but at the time I also only dressed at home. In private I guess you do what you like. But if you want to head out and be presentable, depending on the venue of course, it is wise to dress your age or at least what you can blend in with. Alot of people, ggs and cds alike, appear younger or older than they are. I guess it is wise to dress, lets just say, appropriately.
    Erica

Well spoken Zylia........it has gotten a little off track i believe. I do the extreme high heels and mini's around the house , but for me.....when i go out , it's always knee length skirts,nude/tan hose (yummy),and a 2 to 2.5 inch heel. I like co-ordination and that does not have to look frumpy at all.

You nailed it Linda, thats exactly what i was talking about.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 11-20-2013 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Merged posts into one, you can edit your previous post when adding things

I dress my age, the elderly lady in ths mirror looking back at me says so!!

I always try to dress as a girl of my age... (21). Sometimes is hard, because i have almost nothing to wear, but in my mind this is the right thing to do.

age appropriate

I'm 61 but I don't think I missed the mark. I don't look or carry myself like a person of my years. when I ride my harley I feel like a 27 year old. I know we need to use discretion and dress for the occasion, however we need to dress for our attributes or shortcomings as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    I agree. Some crossdressers seem to have an obsession with six inch heels and skirts that barely cover their crotch. If you dress like that, take some photos and see how silly you look.

I try to dress like a genetic woman in my age group, especially if I go out in public. There's nothing that screams "crossdresser" louder than inappropriate clothing and shoes.
    the only thing is have to say to that is within the Genetic womans age group there is a wide spectrum of women from those that like to be seen to those who tend to want to not be seen. I think that to be honest to and fair, if we're emulating women and their wide range of choices and options, some of us prefer to be seen and noticed and sexy and some will chose to represent the other side and prefer to blend. I don't think there is such as thing as dress my age. I dress to feel complete and express the feminine energy that rages through my body. My expression may cause others to notice me a bit more, but PJ is not shrinking violet and loves being seen.

Quote Originally Posted by tylia View Post
    I am seing a lot of cd's out there that have a tendency to dress a lot younger than they actually are. I believe the best way to dress to pass is to dress your age. There is no bigger giveaway when trying to pass as an older gurl in a short niniskirt and 6 inch heels
    Sorry, I never had any desire to be a fat homely old lady. so I never dressed that way. Despite the 'Mrs Doubtfire' movie, I can't imagine why anyone would use that as a goal when figuring out what to wear. I've had the desire to be a young, pretty girl since I was about 7, and I don't think it's ever going away. Really, is there anyone out there that wants to be a frumpy old lady?
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    So there is a right and wrong way to crossdress after all? How does one get appointed to be Fashion Police?
    For many of us, CDing is fantasy. If we can pretend to be female, why not pretend to be a younger one?
    Ill drink to that !

Only rule: Dress as you want and the way that makes you feel good with yourself

I think you should dress anyway you want to and if there are repercussions you'll deal with them. Besides what is dressing your age mean and at what ages should you change out your wardrobe and move onto the next required age attire. Dress to enjoy and have fun.

Banned Read only
    I'll drink to anything. However, I see many GG's who think or at least portray themselves as being four decades younger than their true ages. I don't know if they are dressing like that to pickup young guys because the old farts are after the young chicks. Yes, there are societal norms and expectations. Most try to adhere to those expectations.

I dress as I normally see GG's my age dress now. Not like my grandmother dressed in the early 1950's. If you are an at home fetish dresser; French maid, Catholic school girl, nun.... so be it! Have fun. If all you want to do is go to the store and buy a gallon of milk six inch heels and a micro mini dress is going to attract attention when worn by any woman. And, if you turn around and show a lot of beard shadow and a wrinkly face.... well, you are doing a disservice to the cross dressing community at large.

If I'm not dressing to my gender then dressing to my age is irrelevant! I'm dressing for my own amusement and trying to look the best that I can. Naturally if I'm going out I'll dress around my age but still try to have some style, otherwise what's the point? In some cases dressing my age would be a pine box. Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rachaelsloane View Post
    ...I tell them I have a 43 yr. old daughter and two grandkids.
    I have stood next to you and you DO NOT have a 43 year old daughter - at least I don't think you do!!!!!
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

I feel that it depends on your body as to how you dress. I work very hard at maintaining my weight and have a rather slender body. I enjoy wearing tight tops, mini skirts and strappy high heel sandals.

Sometimes I have to question the actual meaning of "age appropriate". I' ve seen some pretty hot sixty-something GG's wearing clothes made for juniors. I figure if thay can do it and feel good about themselves, I can do it and pass.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

While reading thru all the posts I remembered when I was in. High school they thru out the dress code. I wear what I feel comfortable in, as I live in .CA well .

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Sorry, I never had any desire to be a fat homely old lady. so I never dressed that way. Despite the 'Mrs Doubtfire' movie, I can't imagine why anyone would use that as a goal when figuring out what to wear. I've had the desire to be a young, pretty girl since I was about 7, and I don't think it's ever going away. Really, is there anyone out there that wants to be a frumpy old lady?
    One doesn't "need" to be frumpy, why not a regal silver haired matron of the house? I'm 50, and the only exceptions to dressing my age so to speak is when I portray the Faery Queen at the renaissance festivals, and then my younger look for the goth club I go to a lot. When I'm done up, I can take 20 years off just with the makeup alone...the rest is all up to attitude and having fun with life. Now, those two looks I would never take out to the mall, or shopping etc... for that I have my "normal" clothes, dress suits, jeans etc. Dress for whats appropriate
    (Formerly known everywhere as Lady Zarabeth

I'm 44 years old and what makes me look old are two forehead wrinkles and lots of gray / white hair. But when I put on my Bob hair wig that all gets covered up and my slim figure will make me pass as a teenage schoolgirl if I dress up as one. When I went to Culver's for my birthday ice cream I asked the manager to guess my age; he said 28 but I was 44.

I had a dress that I bought that I thought only an old woman would wear, so if I want to feel like an old woman I'd wear it. And then one day I saw an old woman wearing the same dress I had! Unfortunately I don't know wear that dress went because my mom got rid of 4 double racks of my clothes and gave them to poor people, against my wishes! Totally pissed me off as I lost some irreplaceable stuff.

I think that everything depends on what the person is looking for. If you are looking to blend in or "pass", it is most helpfull to dress your age. In my case, when I crossdress is to have fun, and feel sexy. And I do not fell that way dressing as grandma. Still, i do not kid myself trying to dress as a 20 year old girl, but I try to be more of a "cougar"

that is the way I feel....dress the way "YOU" want!
    I am who I am...I am very happy with who I am! I am transgender! Time for others to deal with it or get out of my way!

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Or you'll never be as old as you look? lol
    or maybe as young as you look dressed lol