Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How are you different (or abnormal)?

How are you different (or abnormal)?

Everyone reported on the "Strange" thread where they rated themselves on the "Normal" scale, from 1 or 0 being normal to 10 being most abnormal, strange, unusual, or different.

So now shall we say what we base our rating on more specifically? Like CDing and what else?

I said I"m a 15, but that might be an exaggeration. I'm probably more like a 6 or 7, though you all will probably say 15. So here's my list of differences or abnormalities.

- CDing
    - I'm over 60 and never married or had a decent date and am a virgin but want a gf
    - I often travel mostly by bicycle
    - I like alternative health and alternative science
    - I went on an 8 week partial fast in 81 with a chiropractor friend who did a 10 week fast at the same time and I followed an unusual religion for 20 years
    - I have unusual taste in art etc, for example Lasse Gjertsen in Amateur on Youtube and stuff by OK Go and Anime girls usw

Let's see what makes us different. Is it just our CDing, or other things too? Some say each person is unique. What are some things that make you unique? Does your S.O. appreciate your uniqueness? And is your CDing uniqure? My first dress, which I still have, I found on the side of the road about 7 years ago.
    Last edited by LelaK; 11-19-2013 at 07:35 PM.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Banned Read only
    I'm just an average normal Joe Gonzalez..........

P.S. Just don't ask my wife though...

I have always felt odd, or abnormal. I was the baby of a sick family, was beaten in the crib, by my older twin brothers, resented by my dad. Picked on in kindergarden, grade, and high school. Like Lela, a virgin, but now 59, dated some, but never ready for marriage. Ride bicycles most of the time, hoping against hope, that my 76 Dodge can be saved. Always drove old cars. Rejected by most girls and single GG's , except for some seniors. A loner, but reluctantly a loner. Can enjoy playing sports, being with a group. Also, had a calling into an odd church, sadly which condemns CDing. Gravedigger for a few yrs, and hard physical labor. My family had very negative national attention several years ago, Abnormal, antisocial parents, who did not want their kids to marry. Ultra ABNORMAL.

I don't do drugs and only consume about 1 can of beer per week. Compared to my neighbors, that makes me abnormal.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Ok, sounds like fun I will play, besides my CD side for a long time I enjoyed dressing and acting like a baby, diapers and all some call it being an adult baby. I'm the 4th of 4 children my oldest died when he was a baby. I moved a lot when I was younger but not because my dad was military. I've had my same job for over 30 years now and I never had a steady GF till I was in college. I have a run a virtual airline that I fly on my flight sim where I've built all the flight schedules on.
    I only kissed 2 girls in HS and never had sex before I met my wife. I guess that's enough

For some people

having 4 small dogs would be kinda abnormal. But since my wife has been in assisted living somebody has to take care of the little guys and they are now my family My dad used to say we are all strange to the other guy. Other than that I am a diehard gearhead.

I don't know a number :P But there is this

- I don't drink, smoke, do any drugs what so ever, I don't even like to take pain meds :P
    - I'm rather clingy but I don't like to talk to people
    - I used to be into Otaku culture. While i'm not a weeabo anymore I still enjoy some animes
    - I find morbid things interesting actually. I'm the kind of girl who can see lungs being inflated on tumblr and say that's really cool while other people are cringing :P
    -My music taste has often been described as odd too. I like classic things, music boxes, trance, and heavier stuff all at once so people usually give me odd looks xD
    - I'm a virgin and and wish to remain that way until i'm married or at least engaged which always gets an odd look from my peers now a days :P

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    I consider myself abnormal but I guess only against social norms. Mostly my cding and being bisexual. I am divorced with two kids but that is almost required now a days. Dont drink, dont smoke, hate the government especially that ruler we have. Embarassed of who I am because I cant tell the people that know me the best that they really dont know me. So to me I am abnormal, but the real question is, what is normal??
    Erica

I don't:
    1.Smoke, never had. I guess the urge is not in my DNA
    2.Drink, very rarely, usually on holiday. Another urge that I don't have

I do:
    1.Dress enfemme nearly 24/7. That is my #1 urge
    2.Date, nearly all very nearsighted men. This is something that I never did until circa 2004. Not normal I suppose
    3.I have a great interest in politics and so called "deep politics". Likely the latter is not normal

Overall one must judge for onesself if I'm normal.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Only when I eat chocolate Hon. Then it's all mine.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

When I go to a restaurant, I ask for vinegar for my fries, I'm considered weird.
    When I go to a restaurant in New England, and I ask for vinegar for my fries, I'm considered ordinary, and usually the waitstaff always asks if I want vinegar. ....same in the UK too!
    There us nothing unusual in being a guy that expresses a feminine side the way we do. You just don't hear about it much in the open.

pretty sure i'm a 15 but hon! I think you hit 35!
    regent,

I'm like the Joe Walsh song, "Ordinary Average Guy". I live in a dream world whereas I'm fantasizing about being dressed all the time from being a bride to a hair dresser, but in reality I don't have the time. I have two kids, a wife who's too busy to ever give me the time of day, she wont have anything to do with this side of me. So I dress when I can to leave to the other side.

It's been a strange trip being me. Sometimes I wish I took the road MORE traveled by.

Banned Read only
    While I have never considered myself to be abnormal, but I have always been different. For the most part, I enjoy being different as it can lead you to some unexpected places.

• 1st marriage was 30 years, 2nd marriage is 8 years and still going well
    • Mechanical engineer for 41+ years including 6 years as a computer programmer, simulation analyst and quality assurance analyst
    • MAJOR motorsports fan for ~ 55 years, there are very few touring series that I haven't seen somewhere, over the years I've met and talked to (with a number of autographs) Dan Gurney, Sir Jack Brabham, Rick Mears, Al and Bobby Unser, Tony A2Z, Oscar Koveleski, Doc Bundy, the late Phil Hill, the late Ken Tyrrell, Derek Bell, the late Ove Anderson, Lyn St. james, Johnny Rutherford, Tommy Kendall, Parnelli Jones, John Watson
    • Driving schools for Legends cars, stocks cars and pavement modifieds
    • iRacing subscriber
    • Owner of a John Cooper Works MINI Clubman, 147mph chick car, 8th vehicle I have owned and all with gearboxes and clutch pedals including a 1970 Lotus Elan +2S
    • Grind my own coffee beans, perk coffee in a Pyrex percolator on the stove
    • Artists on my iPod include Adele, Hilary Hahn, Ann & Michael Doucet, John Fogerty & Creedence, Glen Gould, The Carpenters, Sergio Mendes, Mason Williams, 2Pac, Paul Simon, Joni Mitchell, Des'ree, Jack Johnson, Keb' Mo', Sheryl Crow, Yo Yo Ma, Norah Jones, Nat King Cole, Vladimir Horowitz, Tina Turner, Melissa Etheridge, Deodato, KD Lang, Billy Joel, Jessye Norman, Clifton Chenier
    • Recreational cyclist
    • Movie buff, all time favorites are Sleuth, Le Mans, Glory, Priscilla Queen of the Desert, V, Tuskegee Airmen
    • Confirmed traveler on my 3rd passport, countries include Japan, Korea, Taiwan (lived there for 6 years), Germany, France, Guatemala, Australia
    • Like to visit tall structures where ever I am, current list includes Empire State Building, Sears Tower (now Willis Tower), CN Tower, Coit Tower, Seattle Space Needle, Eiffel Tower, Seoul Tower, Sydney Tower (walked on the roof!!)

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm so different, I can't even crossdress like anyone else!

But, I'm 70 and pretty used to going my own way by now.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I have the following unusual differences:
    1. I love sunbathing in a thong or nude.
    2. I hate most male sports like rugby, cricket etc.
    3. I love to do aerobics in tights and a thong - 80s style.
    4. I'm a firm believer in the Ancient Astronaut theories of Erich Von Daniken.
    5. I have some OCD rituals like counting the things I need for the shower before I get in.
    6. My wife is the only person I have had sex with.

Other than that, I'm just your ordinary garden variety crossdresser!
    I dance to a different beat.

I think I am pretty normal for a 60 year old crossdresser! When I had brain surgery they transplanted my current brain from a guy named Abby. I think it was Abby Normal!! LOL
    Just for laughs
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

Perfectly Strange... Christine Andrews's Avatar
    My differences are quite tame really. I have never smoked and never will nor have I ever even considered drugs of any kind. I rarely ever drink and I am not a fan of bars.

I dislike most sports yet find Basketball watchable.

I find the brazen nudity in the changing rooms at the gym repellent I cannot help but wonder in they need to use the mirrors or get a witness to confirm their genitals haven't dropped as a result of not seeing them for so long. Some nudity is expected when getting changed but walking around without a towel… has modesty died? (Sorry, but this is a pet peeve and puts off going to the gym when I know it will be busy - this is probably me being abnormal? My gym experience is limited but this is the thread for differences after all )

I am happily single and I am not interested in finding a partner as yet.

I prefer my music on physical media such as Vinyl and Cd - I cannot stand downloading MP3s.

I am a loner yet feel uncomfortable going to the cinema alone.

Like I said, quite tame really. I'm sure friends and family could add a great deal to this list but it will suffice for now
    “A truth that's told with bad intent
    Beats all the lies you can invent.”
    ― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    When I go to a restaurant, I ask for vinegar for my fries, I'm considered weird.
    Nah, you're a closet Canadian is all.

Back on-topic: Apart from my CDing, I don't think I come across as particularly strange, unusual or weird. I don't do drugs and hardly ever drink alcohol, but IMO that's not weird... it's just a choice. I'm also not interested in typically "male" pursuits like sports, cars, money, talking about sexual exploits, etc. but again... I don't think that's weird.

I'm an engineer.... that alone sets me apart from the general public..... but I collect vintage nail pullers.... and Im agnostic.... at 61 still play ice hockey against 25 year olds..... I like to build things.... and fix things... I was in FFA.... I wanted to be a farmer till I realized they all had second jobs... I collect vintage cameras... and since I've been growing my breasts I've had this strange urge for breast bondage... lol. My wife of 38 years says I obsess..... just another average guy in a dress!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

This may be different, even for this forum. I am a guy who wants to have a male upper body and a female lower body.

I think we are all equally unique in every way.
    I travel around to ski, and see what others do.
    I look at transport infrastructure and use it to great benefit when traveling.
    I like girls, collect date nails, obsolete computers.
    I make money recovering text form obsolete systems.
    Make movies and strife for myself.
    I also dabble in cross dressing a bit.
    I am as weird as the next person.
    I also think I am wired the same as everyone else.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I live in the south but I drink unsweet tea.

Platinum Member
    One of my first handles back in the days of aol and such was prosaic. Despite being transgendered, when I look at the balance of my life, I'm pretty much just that.

It's a tough question, though, because I know myself as I am and know others only as they appear from my limited perspective.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt