Thread: One Drawer, Two Drawer, Panties Drawer, Bras Drawer

One Drawer, Two Drawer, Panties Drawer, Bras Drawer

I finally got around to reorganizing my drawers and closet this weekend. In the past I kept my male and female clothes strictly separate - a drawer for guy socks, a drawer for girl socks, a drawer for male t-shirts, etc.....

This weekend I merged the drawers and closet. I now have only one sock drawer, one underwear drawer, etc. I even organized the closet so that guy and girl clothes are intermingled, sorted by season and tops, bottoms, skirts, and dresses.

It feels really nice to finally complete the merge - like I have crossed another waypoint in my travels from where I was to where I will be (wherever I am going).

I am a long way from hiding "borrowed" clothing and makeup in a box in the attic.

Have any of you merged your wardrobe? Have any of you merged and then gone back to separate areas and if so why (I am good with most drawers but socks are proving a challenge - keep grabbing pantyhose instead of running socks )

Danni
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

Silver Member
    My underwear drawer is really a lingerie drawer since I only wear women's 99% of the time. I have one of the cloth boxes with tidy whites in a closet for family vacations. I have several storage containers of lingerie in another closet. My fem and drab clothes in our master closet. The rest are either in alternate closets or storage. Need to get a new house with lots more storage.

Do hangers side by side in my closet count? Interesting question; seems almost against nature to put all those pretty, colorful, soft, lacy things into a drawer with "that stuff". Fancy way of saying, never gave it a thought and doubt if I ever would combine the drawers. Cohabiting, in adjacent drawers, works just fine.

I keep panties in top drawer bras in second drawer, all other clothes in my closet. My wife has her own and helps to keep mine organized. I don't have any mens underwear and I only have a few mens clothes at all. Just enough to go out with my wife to family functions and such. Oh and the third drawer has nighties and camisoles.

Mine has always been merged. My pink floral blouse hangs in my closet next to my blue oxford button down shirt. My skirts hang next to my males slacks and my pantyhose are folded next to my socks. It's what works for me.
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

I'm moving this week and will no longer have a room mate, so my freedom to dress is about to go way way up! And I'm really considering merging my clothing storage in my new apartment. I just haven't decided if I want to do that yet, as my closet will be attached to my bathroom and it may be a little awkward when friends come over that don't know about my crossdressing.

So if you ask me again on Sunday I may have a different answer...

That's really awesome for you though Danni, always good to take another step forward towards your ultimate goal!
    Finally decided on a name! Lindsey

"Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure."
    J.K. Rowling

My male and female clothing is mostly seperate but in the same closet and the same dresser but different drawers. There are no rules (except to fold your bras and panties), do what works best for you. Change whenever you get the urge.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

In the closet, my wifes clothes hang on the left side, my male clothes[ very few] hang in the middle,Karens hang on the right. Panties fill the top drawer, bra's in the second drawer, pantyhose & slips in the third, sleepwear in the fourth. Works for me at the present.

Hey, what's wrong with a box in the attic, or closet in my case. Not all of us enjoy the freedom of having all our feminine things out and about. Not sure how that affects the separation of gender persona but it works for a lot of us.

It would be great if to have everything ready at hand. Barring this, the attic (or closet) works just fine. Given the choice of this or no dressing at all, its just something we learn to live with. I guess

Hugs, Robin

Danni,

I have my clothes intermingled. I even though I'm relatively new at this I think I have more panties than boxer briefs. En drab I'm big and tall. I found that sometime it was easier to find women's clothes that fit me at the store than men in my size.

Dana M

I have my seperate closet for my dresses, etc and my own chest of drawers for all my female under cloths.

Sorta like that but a bit of intermingling goes on.
    I lose things in the system regularly.
    My hanging space need sorting.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My wardrobe is currently merged. I would like to get a new bedroom suite with a lingerie chest, if I do that I will segregate again.

Platinum Member
    Totally. Merged...well purged my male underwear some time ago. My closet is a mix, with tops, slacks, skirts and dresses not intermingle but grouped by m or f. F now holds a decided numerical advantage.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    I have one drawer that is *glutted* with all things Michaela - really really need to expand to another drawer, I might actually discover what I already have..oh wait, this way it gives me an excuse to buy more of something I forgot I have LOL
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

99% of my underwear is womens. I very rarely shop for men's clothes. They are functional and that is about it. Most of what I like comes from thrift stores. I always look for the sexiest and most feminine things I can find and always try everything on first.

I have nothing but female clothing in any of my drawers. One tiny corner of my closet has male clothing. The rest is packed full of skirts, dresses and tops. I wish I could do without the tiny corner.

Not merged yet, but given that most of the important people and those that might drop in know, or probably wouldn't be freaked by
    the fact I wear skirts, it'll probably happen sooner than later. I do need to thin the herd, and donate a lot of stuff, so probably quite soon.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Crossdresser
    My closet is intermingled, but my dressers are seperated. I have one dresser for all things lingerie and another for male clothing.

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    I keep my male undies in on drawer. My girl things are in the dresser where my wifes things are, we have some drawers seperate as we don't wear the same sizes but we have drawers that are mixed up with her things and mine. As I am writing this I think how weird that seems because while she is accepting and has participated at times sometimes I get the feeling she wishes it would all go away.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

American CD in Germany
    At one time all of my girl clothes were in locked boxes and brought out only when I was alone or going on a business trip I knew I would be alone. Now that I have came out to my SO, I have gotten rid of all my male underwear. I have a few but they are in storage for those "just in case" moments. In my master I have a closest intermixed, mostly of dresses and a few mens clothes. My drawers are intermixed. Me and my significant other do not share drawers as she has a rule against me wearing her clothes. I have my own "office" that has all of the rest of my clothes, toys, heels and makeup.

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar

Thumbs up

Hi Danni...

Interesting concept, the merging or wardrobes.

A year ago my wife and I spoke of my wardrobe and the storage thereof. She is what I call mostly accepting in that she knows and is okay with it on my own time and out of her sight. She will not shop with me nor wishes to see the clothing but - bless her heart - she agreed to let me store most of my femme wardrobe in my armoire which is in the master bedroom. This armoire has three large drawers and a reasonable section above for hanging so it is rather generous. My top drawer is home to panties and bras, the second drawer to slips and camisoles, suspender belts and hosiery, while the third drawers stores some pjs, sashes, scarves, folded long dresses and other smaller accessories. Within the top portion I have skirts, blouses and a few dresses and cardigans.

Sadly, this is not enough space but certainly serves the purpose. I have another seven file boxes - they are actually fabric boxes the size of banker's boxes - full of other attire and a box that holds most of my seven or eight pair of heels. Would I like more space to store it all in an easily accessible manner? Sure. Will it happen? No, but that's okay. I have, in comparison, a small section of the main closet to hang my male shirts and sweaters and four medium sized drawers to house my other male goods.

While I cannot wear what I want when I want I can at least skip the stashing/un-stashing of femme items with this arrangement. From time-to-time it is so nice to even open the armoire doors to gaze upon the blouses and skirts on occasion. And when I do have time it is very easy to bring out something nice to wear.

This is as good as it gets and I'm happy with it.