Thread: Busted!

Busted!

Yep! It finally happened to me.

This morning we had an election. Since I'm still registered as a guy I figured it would be quicker and easier if I went in a men's poloshirt and a leather jacket. O.K., the jacket is really a women's, but it looks a lot like Fonzie's jacket and generally passes as a guy's jacket when I want it to.

On the way home from voting my spouse and I stopped at a local station for some gas for the car.

I'm just about to get out of the driver's seat when my manicurist drove towards me, heading for the other side of the pumps!

Crap! I don't want her to see me like this!

I quickly bloused out my jacked to cover my shirt and look a bit boobier and asked my spouse if she would please go pump the gas.

My manicurist and I smiled and waved at each other as she pulled further down the row of gas pumps. I never got out of the car, and she, probably in a hurry, never came over to my car either.

I have a manicure tomorrow so we'll see if she says anything. But wow, being busted feels pretty awful!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Last edited by Persephone; 11-20-2013 at 01:15 PM.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Great post, Persophone. Near miss getting caught in drab drag. Just tip her extra for her silence. Xoxo

Probably a none issue for her, you should calm down and see. As you see, often our fears are usually greater than reality. Enjoy your manicure sweetie.
    Love Kristy

Sounds like a mild case of being busted to me! If she enjoys you as a customer I doubt that you will ever know weather she has put two and two together!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

My manicurist is from Vietnam and speaks very little English ("You want cut short?", "You wash hands.", You want clear polish?", etc.) so I don't think seeing her in public would be a problem. The whole buch of then talk constantly in the salon and I have no idea what they are saying.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Before I went full time, I had separate gas stations, banks, and supermarkets to go to. I sometimes got reverse clocked in guy mode. Embarrassing!

Look Hun. If she does your nails all the time she probably already knows your cd and most likely does not care. She knows you as you. I bet if she says anything it will only be positive. Don't worrie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Wow, a "reverse-bust"!!! Given your out-&-about-ness, I totally understand where you're coming from. There's a decent chance she just perceived you as the woman she knows without any makeup.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

What happens at the gas station should stay at the gas station. I have that agreement with my housekeeper. What she finds of mine, stays here at my house and she tells nobody.

Barbara,
    Surprise, surprise.
    Bummer.
    Ihave been seen by others that know me but all it did was mess with their minds.
    No one has ever said anything.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Update:

I went for my manicure and she said absolutely nothing about us crossing paths at the gas station. We simply went into our usual discussion of our lives. Maybe she really didn't notice me at all!

BTW, my manicurist does not have any difficulty with the English language, she is a local woman who grew up right here. We know each other's families.

It was a non-event but I always dread running into people when en drab.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Platinum Member
    I understand the feeling. While out en femme, I've befriended a few people that have asked if they'll ever see me in male mode. I told them, not if I could help it...I hate to ruin the illusion, such as it is!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

At worst she would have seen "frumpy Barbara" not a guy.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]