Thread: I'm amazed at what people see

I'm amazed at what people see

I didn't want to hijack someone's thread, but I'm amazed at the details that people see in the pictures.

Some of you must be CIA photo analysts!

Quote Originally Posted by Niya W View Post
    If it's just costume how come he has hip and but pads ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbiegirl View Post
    He must have really gotten into it since he clearly already had shaved legs and a bra and panty girdle.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustWendy View Post
    I'm feeling a whole new connection with Dagwood. Any guy who delicately saves his wig, pink sweater, gray skirt, and heels from a costume party years ago and keeps his legs shaved in case he ever has to don his "costume" in an emergency, is okay in my book.

Wendy
    Quote Originally Posted by May(be) View Post
    Too much fun! Nice stained glass, too.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I may or may not notice but never sweat the "small stuff" in any case. If one is looking for something they usually find it, whether it's really "there" or not.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Steffi,
    If you have been trained to look for detail it never goes away.
    I usually look for color balance and shadows to establish time of day, architecture to establish the region and vegetation to establish the season and region.
    North or south of the equator.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    One of my favorite pasttimes is to be a fly speck on the wall and just watch people. At a party it is interesting to see who is interacting with whom. The best people watching place is in a comfortable chair at the mall. Just watching people going by can have me entertained for hours. Looking at the different fashions gives me ideas as well as it reminds me how many have no fashion sense whatever. I am positive I have seen many CD'ers out and about on many occasions, but I would never do, or say anything that would hurt a situation. Maybe it is trained into some of us, I remember going hunting with my Dad as a child, it was the sharpest eye that shot at the game. It didn't take long to realize that if I wanted to shoot something, I had better pay more attention. It amazes my wife how I manage to see things long before she does. I guess she didn't get the training!
    Last edited by Gillian Gigs; 11-21-2013 at 10:50 AM. Reason: spelling
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Steffi –

I think we were all having some fun at Dagwood’s expense. But as a group, I think we are perhaps more observant that the average person. Many of us are not totally open about our dressing. So, successfully avoiding detection is often in the details. Whether it was putting “borrowed” clothes back the way we found them when we were kids, or making sure, today, that we remove all of our makeup before going out. We also know how long it takes for us to get ready. There is no way we could dress for the first time in years, reach into a box of packed clothes, and look as good as Dagwood did in a matter of minutes. So, we were calling BS on Dagwood, but it was all in fun.

Wendy

Steffi –

So, successfully avoiding detection is often in the details. Whether it was putting “borrowed” clothes back the way we found them when we were kids, or making sure, today, that we remove all of our makeup before going out. We also know how long it takes for us to get ready. Wendy
    Oh gawd that brings back memories -- and I love being a consulting observer.......................Debra

I love observing people. I got a BA in Anthropology in college because I like it so much LOL. When I am talking with a woman, I will take note of her makeup, how her hand mannerisms are. Is she frumpy, or sharp? For the general population, I look at relationships, like what put those two people together? If I can hear them speak, what kind of accent or inflection are they using? Its a great way to pass the time if you have to wait in an airport or bus station I must admit.

Check this out... its all about how your brain filters what it sees. If you get the illusion right people will have a hard time seeing anything else, but the trained person will see the actual details. ...applies a great deal to makeup application. http://www.scientificpsychic.com/graphics/index.html
    Chickie

Steffi –

But as a group, I think we are perhaps more observant that the average person. Many of us are not totally open about our dressing. So, successfully avoiding detection is often in the details. Whether it was putting “borrowed” clothes back the way we found them when we were kids, or making sure, today, that we remove all of our makeup before going out. Wendy
    Wow, talk about deja vu, I haven't had to think about that for years. As the expression goes, "the devil is in the detail", and when we were young, we had to be careful to put everything back just the way it was. Detail and being observant was what kept many of us from getting caught. So, maybe a life time CD'er would make a good police detective, observant, and pays attention to detail. LOL
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

I can't help but notice, I got a mention! Neat.

The French decorators developed incredible trompe l'oeil that are paintings done on a wall and appear to be something that is not there. Worth an image search if you want to stretch your mind.
    I'm probably close to Bev's ideas though, paddling through the wilderness you get your direction your weather and time from the environment. The detail becomes important when it marks a rapid or a comfy campsite and dinner.
    Dressing is not a choice.

Its a passion.

Steffi –

I think we were all having some fun at Dagwood’s expense. But as a group, I think we are perhaps more observant that the average person. Many of us are not totally open about our dressing. So, successfully avoiding detection is often in the details. Whether it was putting “borrowed” clothes back the way we found them when we were kids, or making sure, today, that we remove all of our makeup before going out. We also know how long it takes for us to get ready. There is no way we could dress for the first time in years, reach into a box of packed clothes, and look as good as Dagwood did in a matter of minutes. So, we were calling BS on Dagwood, but it was all in fun.

Wendy
    I almost totally forgot about that. When I "borrowed" something of my Mom's, I made a detailed map of everything I borrowed, and even how it was folded, like right cup in or left cup. After putting everything back where it came from, I tore up my map into little pieces and flushed it. I also remember coming across a messy panty drawer once or twice that no amount of mapping would allow me to put everything back together again. I even thought it might have been a trap. So I passed on borrowing that night.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Since I feel out of the loop, what was the original thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    I also remember coming across a messy panty drawer once or twice that no amount of mapping would allow me to put everything back together again. I even thought it might have been a trap. So I passed on borrowing that night.
    LOL such memories, you and me both on that one!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Messy panties?? Why aren't they in the dirty clothes hamper?

I suffer from hyper-vigilance so I tend notice everything. Especially when talking to a woman. They think I'm leering but I'll be honest on the mental checklist running in my head, looking at her with sexual desire is down there at about number 10. The first 1-9 are me noticing her clothes, and wondering how they'd look on me. With other TGs, I have pretty much the same checklist except it only goes to 9.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    When I "borrowed" something of my Mom's, I made a detailed map of everything I borrowed, and even how it was folded, like right cup in or left cup. After putting everything back where it came from, I tore up my map into little pieces and flushed it.
    Reading this brought out the techie thought in me...
    Back then I wouldn't have had this capability but...
    With phones nowadays, it'd be easy to snap a quick picture to refer back to for the returning

Back when I was 18, my mom recognized something was amiss.
    (had a girlfriend over..and she recognized some shuffled jewelry that the girlfriend had moved around on the dresser ) Busted!
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

I would do the same thing when I took something out of my Mom's dresser. I would definitely remember where they were and how they were in there. I have also been finding myself more and more doing thorough reviews of someone and wondering how something they would wear would look on me. There is definitely something to be said that our detail picking has increased.

Carbon-based Member eileendover's Avatar

Dagwood goes Blondie

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    Since I feel out of the loop, what was the original thread?
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d-goes-Blondie