Thread: wrong restroom : as your dressed is the right one?

wrong restroom : as your dressed is the right one?

was working yesterday and dashing around and had the need, walking past the mens almost went into the ladies room. im still closeted so im never out as mikell but it made wonder for those that do get out and about have you ever used the wrong restroom, not just walking in and turning around but actually going before you realized. we do use the one were dressed as correct??
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

At my mothers funeral wake, a few months back I walked into the men's, ignored the urinals (?) and sat down in a stall. On exiting, my brother in law was using a urinal. He looked at me very puzzled. It was them that I realized that for the first time in a couple of years I was in a men's room. I quickly changed bathrooms to wash my hands and fix my lipstick. Didn't need any more blush!

Well, there was a time that I did not decode the cute images on the bathroom door in a restaurant (did figure it out till I was back at my table)

Red face

I don't get out in public that much but when I have been, I always used the ladies when I needed to.

I've been to "Southern Comfort Conference" three times now and they always stress that you use the facilaties that are appropriate to the way you are dressed.

I've even had to use the ladies room on the trips to and from Atlanta and I don't bat an eyelash but just walk right in. Nobody has ever said so much as boo either.

Surprisingly I have walked into the Ladies room by accident as a guy a couple of times. Once I didnt' even realize it until I walked out and saw the sign on the door. No women came in while I was in there but I did notice the lack of urinals but shook it off as political correctness. Nope, I didn't look and just popped in without reading the door.

I use the one I am dressed as although I do make myself aware of surroundings first.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Never happened and is not going to. I am always aware of how I'm dressed and who I am.

In the spirit of utilizing the designated facility with decorum, please girls, if you are using the Ladies, sit don't stand. That is one of my personal bugaboos at CD group outings. If we dress as women and behave as women, then please potty like a woman too. And they do not stand. Or at least I am not aware of this capability

Guess we could do a thread, or resurrect something from the archives, to drive home this 'tell' so many reveal in what should be a very private moment.

Hugs, Robin

Every time I was at Southern Comfort Conference this was always one of the warnings given the very first day.

Years ago the conference was almost thrown out of the hotel because one of the "girls" was standing instead of sitting in the stall. A GG saw this and complained to the management.

yes i did the same thing... was so used to going to the ladies room at a restaurant I go to and I walked right in there in guy mode once, the staff there knows me as either, probably 90% of the time I am dressed fem, but if I am close I always drop in and say hi if I am in guy mode, kinda of a "cheers" type place

On time a few years back I was in need of a restroom. I mean really, really in need and went into the ladies, dressed in male mode. Did my business and left. No ladies entered or exited while I was in there, but surely all would have understood my need. Infact it's happened twice. Both times it was in two different truckstops.

Sarahlynn
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)

The only time I've had restroom trouble was like Sarah I was in dire need and dressed in male mode. i made a dash for the men's and some dude was in there with the door locked. (it was a one holer). I waited about 15 minutes or it seemed that long while doing my best potty dance. Finally being unable to take it any longer I made sure no one was in the ladies room and walked in locked the door and took care of business. I was quick and respectful of the surroundings being sure to mop up any dribble. Upon exiting I was spotted by an employee and read the riot act as tho I was some kind of perv. As I was being berated by this woman, the manager walked over and banged on the mensroom door and said "Robert get out of there and get back to work. You've been in there a half an hour. You do this every day and it's got to stop". Still I was made to feel like a perv. The thing is I am in that location weekly as Michelle and use that same restroom every time without incident. If they only knew. Robert is no longer there in case anyone was wondering.
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I was at a Women's Expo a few weeks ago and they had thoughtfully re-designated about half of the mens' rooms as ladies'. Of course, they couldn't remove the "porcelain exhibit," so it was rather amusing to hear the ladies as they entered saying "Gosh, are we in the wrong room?"

You'd never hear that in an opposite situation, because (1) men don't go to the restroom in pairs and (2) men don't talk in the restroom!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I hate it when I automatically go for the ladies and at the last instant realize I'm in boy mode, puts a smile on the wifes face when it happens and she gets a free turn at telling me off.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

A few times when I had to go in a hurry i had the good fortune of finding a near-by lady to guard the door afer explaining my needs --- no problem. Once at the VA hospital I asked the male uniformed guard to do the same. Of course in femme mode
    hasn't been an issue to now.
    In a few countries that I've been in everybody uses the same restroom. These same countries X-rate films for violence but not for too much sex --- makes sense to me.
    Julie

I occasionally drive bus for a senior complex and one time when I took them grocery shopping, I was waiting in a small lounge area when I needed to expel several cups of coffee. I headed for the first door I saw without looking at the signs. Fortunately, I rarely use a urinal in a public restroom so it was natural for me to sit in a stall. As I was engaged in my business at hand, two women walked in and were chatting. It was then that I realized that I was in the wrong facility. I waited until the women left and hurriedly put myself back together, washed my hands and got out while the getting was good.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Was out with a club I belong to, at the county fair, walked in the women's room in drab, caught myself just inside the door turned and exited quickly, club still got a laugh out of it.
    I used to go to the East West football game at Stanford every year, at half time the lines at the restrooms get a bit long, what with all the beer being consumed, but the line in front of the women's restroom is always a lot longer than the men's. It's a bit unnerving as a 60 year old man to be standing at a urinal and have a cute little co-ed walk in behind you looking for an empty Toilet stall, laughing and giggling with her girl friend, so I guess sometimes being in the wrong bathroom can be acceptable, at least no one in there complained about sharing with the girls.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    Some years ago I had job that a couple of itmes a month required a female co worker and I to travel together. If the ladies room was occupied and would often go into the men's room. So one time I was in need and the men's was busy so she stuck her head into the ladies and room and announced it empty so I could use it. I don't go out dressed so that hasn't been an issue but I do know there are a lot of places with unisex family restrooms and I would feel more comfortable using that one.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

I rather think I'd have a hard time going into the wrong bathroom. If dressed and feeling passable I'd definitely slip into the ladies room and into a stall to do my business and be discrete about it. If not feeling passable but dressed I'd probably still go into the ladies room but making sure I could get in and out without drawing attention as from afar I do look quite fem. I don't think fully dressed though that I'd go into the men's as that's looking for trouble. Women are more forgiving than men. But going into the women's by accident, don't think so!