Thread: a good day out

a good day out

I had my second professional transformation session yesterday. After the makeup and finding a perfect wig, we took pictures in 7 or 8 outfits, including a few that I brought for the occasion. There was one moment where I was sitting in a short pink floral dress looking at the mirror that was probably the closest to a perfect CD moment that I have experienced to date.

Then it was time to leave. The woman doing the session thought I could manage the mall in one of the dresses I brought with me. I did not think I could do that yet and I certainly did not have the right shoes. Instead I left in jeans and a sweater with the necessary underpinnings and went to some of the big girl stores.

I think the salesgirl in Lane Bryant read me but she couldn't care and neither did I (got to work on the voice). I tried on some outfits, had a bad hair incident, but recovered and bought my first items en femme. Had to go to a nearby beauty supply place to buy a comb to fix the hair. No one batted an eye.

Lunch was drive through with no incidents. Of course, nature called thereafter and , at a Target, the family rest room was occupied. Without hesitation, I walked and did what I had to do and got out. Success. After buying some clothes and lipstick, I stopped by another store and then called it a day. It was a thrill and a big step for me. It's the kind of thing that makes you want to do it again.

Sounds like a very good day

Melissa,
    It all helps to build confidence.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Wow so awesome I so want to believe I can do the same, my en drab day and purchase at dress barn game me some confidence but I just think my features are just to manly to go out in daylight but maybe someday. Anyway good for you and that floral dress sounded lovely