Thread: Seatmates While Flying En Femme

Banned Read only

Seatmates While Flying En Femme

I just posted a comment on a thread Marina started concerning approaching a CD-er who is out in public. That had me thinking about flying en femme.

For those of you who have flown en femme obviously you had a seat mate or maybe two, if you're stuck in the middle of three seats.

Did your seatmates "clock you" as it seems to be the appropriate terminology?

and, if they did,

How did the conversation go?

Did they ignore you? Scorn you? Shake their heads? Ask for a seat reassignment inflight?

Just curious. Unlike shopping in a mall where you maybe expect to be left alone, being en femme on a plane is really putting yourself out there.

I have only done a round trip from the San Francisco Bay area to Las Vegas. That is a fairly short trip from one very liberal and accepting area to another very similar place. I had seat mates that I have to assume "read me" as a male in female clothing. I never noticed anything different in our conversations or lack there of. Sometimes you converse and other times you do not. What is important is how one comports themselves when interacting with others. I am pretty much the same in male or female mode, and I show no shame, fear or anxiety when around the general public. I believe that helps me greatly with my near zero negative reaction results. I also dress appropriately, and act as if nothing is different about me when we are talking. From all the "flying pretty" experiences that I have read here, I think that most have had the same experience that I have had.

I have never been out enfemme let alone fly and I have never had a mtf seatmate but I would welcome one. I would enjoy the conversation, I enjoy feminine conversation a lot more than male conversation.

On my way to Atlanta from Baltimore via AirTran , I sat in a window seat next to a sports nut and his wife, who was traveling with a half dozen sports fans somewhere in Georgia on their way to a game , and they were so absolutely oblivious that the person wearing a dress in the window seat, which was me, and which I was being offered plenty of bags of Peanuts from them, was a guy in a dress. I had to be subjected to listening to endless conversations about the Denver Broncos & Washington Redskins in my seating area. I honestly can say that I felt quite at ease.

The ride back, my seat mate was a mother complaining about how her separated husband didn't do enough to help her kid. Yeah, she was kind of oblivious too. ...or just needed a nearby ear to vent out to.

I love love love traveling as female on a plane, and I will do it again at a moments' notice. My first and last experience was the best.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 11-22-2013 at 05:13 PM.

For the most part, the others in the seat row did not talk to me besides the usual stuff when getting seated. This is typical based on the 100+ flights I have taken in the past 25 years with most being in male mode. No one stared or made comments that I heard or noticed. All of the times I have "flown pretty" were like nearly all of the times when I did not.

I have never flown enfemme, maybe someday. When I have a wealthy SO perhaps. Just Kidding. I would like to travel to Vegas via train though, dressed in female attire, of course.
    Last edited by ArleneRaquel; 11-22-2013 at 10:05 PM.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Hi, I am the control group. I dress in a skirt, but present male. When I flew this way, when I entered the row, the man already seated knew how I was dressed. The woman who came later did not notice I was in a skirt until much later when I made reference to it. People only see what they pay attention to...

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    I assign myself a window seat when flying en femme so just have one person beside me. I suspect that my male voice gives me away talking to the cabin crew or my neighbour if I haven't been clocked already. Being recognised as male in a dress doesn't concern me.

I often have interesting conversations with my neighbours and the cabin crew. Sometimes no conversation at all as is often the case on the rare times I fly male. I've never had a bad experience and my frequent flyer profile must have a note added by Qantas about flying femme. Cabin crew are fantastic.

Like Nathalie, I just love flying pretty.
    Last edited by Michelle (Oz); 11-23-2013 at 08:28 AM.

Stephanie,

Never had a problem on any flight and I fly roughly two 3 hour round trip flights a month on average. I never think I am clocked while waiting in line, ordering food, or sitting on the plane. But, even if I am, I don't see people looking/pointing my way and/or whispering to others. I think that most people, especially guys, if they could be remotely wrong, are reluctant to ask or state are you a guy in a dress.

TSA has always been professional and friendly. I flew home last Thursday for the Thanksgiving Holiday. Two weeks prior to that, I was flying home for the weekend. While waiting in line, one of the TSA agents called out to the people getting their ID's checked to come to her line which was empty. I told her I would and did. We chit-chatted a little bit. She asked me if I fly every Thursday, because she remembered me. I said no, every other Thursday. Her name is Jasmine and is quite a live wire.

While waiting in line for the ID check this last Thursday, I looked for Jasmine but did not see her. I had passed through the screening line on the far left. As I was walking towards the concourse, a TSA agent shoots up from her chair and starts waving to me. It was Jasmine. Had she clocked me all three times? I don't know. I was impressed that she could pick me out of a crowd both up close and far away.

If you are open to conversation, people will talk to you.

If you are truly comfortable being there,then it doesn't matter!! Because it is "up close and personal" likely everyone clocks you...So what? They clock you as a "T something"...Not a "guy in a dress" cause they don't know what is in your panties..UNLESS you tell them! I am comfortable with anything that TSA,the airlines,or any passenger were to throw my way. So,it never happens! They got to sit next to a "T" and she fastened her seatbelt the same way and drank a ginger ale and read USA Today...same as some of the other passengers!!!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

I always fly with the wife, and it is always a two seater in a 747.
    No chance of it happening to me.
    Interesting situation though.
    It would test one's mettle.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.