Thread: Take a second look

Take a second look

During the week I went to the supermarket to do some shopping. I was waiting for my number to be called at the cold cut counter, as I was waiting I was looking around and couldn't believe how many women look like men. I started pointing out these women to my wife and she brought it to my attention that most of the women I was pointing out had there hair tied up. Has this ever happened to you, did you ever have to take a double look and find out it really was a women you were staring at.

What made them look like men?? Just having their hair up?

This rarely happens to me. It's never happened in a large group.
    GG married to a CDer

I've seen lots of women dressed like men, but they still look female when you see body shape, stance, etc.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    There have been times where I have seen someone and then had to look at their chest to help figure out their gender, or so I assume. Even my wife has said to me, "was that a guy, or a girl". I know several girls who keep their hair very short, as in 2 inches or less, why, because it is easier for them due to the nature of their work. Office work is very different from blue collar work, and these girls are all blue collar workers.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

If I was to look I would look for the male tell tale at the base of the neck.

Gone to live my life
    Not surprising, people come in all shapes and sizes regardless of gender. I have seen women who with a bit of work could pass as male just as I have seen some CDers who by grace of genetics, age and great bone structure could pass as female. I have seen a few GGs on the bus who had masculine features but for the most part you could still tell they were GG.

Hugs

Isha

I have realised for years that women come in all different shapes and sizes.
    Some not too flattering either.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

In this midwest town in Illinois, I notice that a large majority of women over 40, have extremely short chiseled haircuts, cut way around the ears. When is see couples, i often do a double take, to see if it is two men. It saddens me. One day this week, however, I went to the drug store, and ahead of me was a lady over 50, with beautiful shoulder length gray silver hair, and a long denim skirt, and heels. I told her how great i thought she looked, and told her it I was saddened to see so many older women have their hair sheered off. She thanked me for the comments.