Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cats or Dogs

Banned Read only
    I like cats. I even have one, a gigantic black cat named "Wicked". He is correctly named, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanine View Post
    beagles never judge...................just want to know when meal time is.
    You got that right. I grew up with a beagle.

beagles really are the best!

sometimes i feel like i am trapped in beegHELL!

The women in my family are dog people. the men in my family are cat people.....don't know why.
    My dad's cat, when he was a kid back in the early 1940's , was named Minnehaha.

i have two litter box trained rabbits. dont like cats or dogs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Emily

We're the ones who start little fires, yet they burn out
    But when they're on the rise, we can't help but shine

And when the wave approaches, take our ashes to the ocean
    Who cares if hell awaits? We're having drinks at heaven's gate

"Modern Jesus" Portugal (The Man)

A. I am alleric. B. I just do not like cats anyway. Dogs, for some reason I connect with dogs, All dogs. pit bulls, labs, or chihuahuas it does't seem to matter, all dog breeds seem to gravitate to me.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

I am a big dog lover ...none of those wimpy fru fru dogs for me ...Cats are ok as long as they belong to someone else !lol I can't deal with kitty BOX and the smells associated with them . I want a pet that comes when i call it or greets me at the door ... i don't want an animal that sticks its behind in my face and walk off with an attitude like screw you or tries to get on the tables and counter ...grosss especially when they run around sraying all over the place marking everything saying its all theirs. yuk!
    To thine ownself be true.
    Put out into the universe what you would like to receive in return, because it comes back like a boomerange in 3 fold!

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I like them both and love having neither. I'm happily unattached, live in a comfortable apartment, and come and go as I please. I have plenty of friends I can pet whenever I like and they don't bring home fleas or pee on the floor!

Love both but always have a cat or two. Indoor/outdoor, no liter box in house (PU). They last about 9 years til they slow down and something eats them, very sad but let them be free their cats for gods sake. Rodent control and lap warmers great combo.
    Love Kristy

Dogs here. And, a number of real girls I dated had dogs, only one had a cat.
    Hugs,

Teddie

Platinum Member
    Hi Lee, I've always been a dog person.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Cat person here. Dogs are okay as long as they belong to someone else.

Banned Read only
    Women don't exclusively like cats and men don't exclusively like dogs, I don't know why some people would think otherwise. I am a cat person, I love my cat - she is very independent but loves attention and she is very clean.

Time for my own stupid statement: I think dogs are very needy, dumb, smelly and messy animals. I don't understand why people like them. I didn't make that statement to offend dog owners, I just don't like dogs and that's my reason why.

feels better in a dress
    dogs, dogs and dogs, so it is dogs for me, love them (not all) I adore my kooikerhondje (breed unknown in the usa)

Tried cat's, didn't get along. Had a great dog, it died. After that never could find another as good as that Shepard was. Always said when I retired I would get another, but turns out, I don't like the cost of kennels if you want to go somewhere, and you can't always take it with you. So I gave up on pets, and went with a good camera instead, it can go anywhere I go, brings back memories with it, and in the long run, much cheaper than a pet.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I disagree that cats are for women and dogs are for men. I have had both and currently have 2 dogs, a greyhound and a Jack Russell mix. Neither are docile lapdogs. My very alpha male ex-husband has always been a cat person and currently has 2 cats. My son is more of a cat person, but he can go either way.

Then, of course, there are the bird people. I have two friends who have always had birds. One is a single female and one is a married woman whose husband (also alpha male type), daughter, and son are all into birds.

It's kind of hypocritical that people on this board make preference generalizations based on gender, don't you think?
    Susan GG

1 cat, a main coon named Garfield, I love all animals! Well almost all.

Dogs terrify me, so it would have to be cats. But I like fish the best personally, I have a big tropical tank, ultra relaxing to watch after a hard day

I had/have both cats and dogs love them both. Very allergic to cats, almost killed me. So i'll stick with my dog! Well truth be told, i love dogs better.

I've had both. Sometimes at the same time. But if I had to select only one, I'd pick a dog.

I have a dog, but it's a girly dog!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

"It's kind of hypocritical that people on this board make preference generalizations based on gender, don't you think? "

Susan,

I do not think that it is a matter of being hypocritical, but more of voicing an opinion based on personal experiences. That type of thinking may come from thinking of the bigger friskier dogs like hunting dogs, border collies, Dobermans, et al. Plus, cats always look so cute and cuddly until one tries to enjoy that cuteness and pick that sleeping cat up to put in your warm lap to pet them. Men sometimes see women as cute and cuddly too until they rudely interrupt them at the wrong time, sharp nails and a sharp tongue kinda fit in those situations. I have had both along with rabbits, turtles, gerbils, mice, rats and a parrot. I currently prefer the cat just because of their independence and relatively low maintenance requirements. I really love my cat ..... when she lets me!

I have always wondered why so many middle aged and older women had those cute little dogs that they always seem to be lavishing so much attention and love on. Then it dawned on me that once the kids had reached that magical age of so called independence where they think that they know everything and start to get embarrassed by Mom's continual hugs and attention and want nothing more to do with all that "stuff", Mom just replaces the kids with those cute dogs who actually appreciate all the attention. The same seems to happen as their once attentive husbands settle into that middle age and older "life is wonderful" mode and stop returning the attentions that the wife continues to give them as the current big game takes center stage, and as we all know there always seems to be that big game in some sport, live or as a rerun! Now my observation is just that, though I have voiced it several times to those ladies with those little dogs, and several have actually agreed with me.

All in all, I really like our resident vet's (Lorileah's) explanation.

Have 9 dogs...from 5 lbs. to 80 lbs. and love 'em all! I also have a calico/tiger mix cat who is the keeper of my shop (an excellent mouser BTW) and love her just as much.

I've had both over the years and con say that I sort of prefer dogs but at the same time prefer cats ^^;; I've had one dog who I absolutely adored as it grew up with me and was always fun to play with and cuddle with and was always there for that sort of thing too! She died of health problems though and we got a few cats! Now I didn't like them before I owned one but ohmygosh this cat we got was adorable c: I had a tabby persian kitty and I slept with her nearby every day ever since she was a kitten owo When she came of age she would sit in my chair waiting for me to get home from school and would jump out and follow me EVERYWHERE meowing and purring and cuddling up against me. I loved her so much and if I had a cat like her again I would absolutely prefer that over the dog. But then again dogs are hyper and playful and protecting so hmm I can't pick c: It would depend on the animal itself!

But I don't really think there are girly animals. I think it's silly to look at them like that. They are companions who love you dearly if you raise them right that's all that matters to me ^^

Got an Airdale named Jack, He is as ornery as the day is long and my wife says he is me in a "Dog Suit"