Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Cats or Dogs

I Like Both the cat wants to be in charge and the dog eats everything Except Cat
    Attached Images Attached Images

We have both 2 cats and a dog. The cats are easier to take care of but the dog can be more fun to play with.

Had dogs and cats, cant say I prefer one over the other, I do have horse I would say I prefer horses to dog or cat, wife won't let me bring her in on cold nights.
    I had to put down one of my horses In October one of the hardest thing I have had to do she was the mother to the one I have left. She was almost 30 had her almost half my life.

Where do I start.... I have had dogs, cats, ducks, rabbits, horses, cattle, goats, sheep, a parrot, parakeets, and my kids even raised hogs for their spending money and county fairs..... Lol......I love hunting and the great outdoors. I levitated naturally to hunting dogs especially Labrador retrievers. Something about a chocolate Lab laying beside your chair on a cold winters night watching the fire in the fireplace glow. Almost as good as my wife... Lol I'll tell her that if I want her to know. Really I love animals. I believe God put them here to relieve stress and be our partners when times are tough. I guess of all the above mentioned my favorite is my dogs that I have had. I don't believe there is any gender association to pets because I forgot I had a pet turtle once and how can you put a gender association to an water turtle.... Ummm maybe that's why I think I was a mermaid in a former life.? ..... Lol. Domestic Pets are just great for all ages of humans. We can learn a great deal from studying them in our own lives but they are not why we are gendered one way or another....

Mickey or Mikayla, do you lure course your whippys? I lure coursed my previous basenjis, but the two I have now just hang out...

I love all animals, as being vegan demands it,lol...but at home I have had many animals. As a breeder of herps, that reads reptiles and amphibians, I was at one time a very large breeder of king snakes and poison darts. At the time I had four different color morphs of cal kings and mountain kings. Did the Jackson's chameleons as well. After the birth of my youngest, the herp breeding took a back seat. Family was first and regardless of what some breeders say, the 12' albino Burmese had to go to another breeder...miss my Monty! I had also breed Pomeranians as well.

Years later, I am the proud parent of a few beautiful creatures. An African grey of a grand two years old named "sterling", and if anyone has one you know my plight,lol...he is a card and a sport model! Then there is "Toby", my rescue Maltese pup...a 4 yo that has the life force of a puppy! And finally my tux kitty, Tillman, another rescue...see a pattern? I am a believer in rescue animals! Only weird thing is that all of the beings in my home are male...lol...I am the only girly girl here...and when I say anything at sterling he says, "that's what she says!" Ummmmm, did I do that? Tends to get funny looks from the family...
    He knows his mommy!
    Ms. G
    Vegan runners are sexy!!!

I have 6 cats...

I like cats probably more.. like dogs too though. I care about animals in general though so I am not sure I am the right person to ask this question.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

Cats for me please. Over the last 20 years I've had 6 and can't dream of being without one.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Cats x2

Horrendously allergic to both; but, if I had to choose it would be dogs 10 times out of 10

Dogs, for sure. They always seem much happier. Plus I never know what to do with cats and they seem to hate me.

I've been around cats since I was a baby. I like dogs too, I just like other people's dogs. Took care of neighbors' dogs when I was little, and I think cats are much easier to care for.

I have two amazing dogs!

I love my dogs, currently have two jack russels, love em to bits.
    Never been much of a cat person.

Cats for now, because I'm at work too long to take care of a dog. I personally think it is kinda cruel to leave a dog alone for more than 6 or 7 hours at a time. They're more emotionally needy. Cats will just sleep that whole time anyway.

Ideally, I'd have both.

On the other hand...cats have claws, and my forms are vulnerable! Have to be extra careful sometimes.