Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disclosing that you crossdress on an internet dating website

Back in the nineties, when AOL was going strong and they started a dating section, I put up two identical ads, one that mentioned crossdressing, and one that didn't. The 'straight' ad got plenty of responses during the time I had it up and running. The one that mentioned crossdressing, well, there were 23 million AOL'ers, and out of that, I got only a few responses. Prostitutes offering their services, and guys looking for sex. And one woman in England who thought it would be fun to dress me up. At least, she said she was a woman, I'll never really know. That's it. Out of all those people. One.
    I've had ads up on Match, Loveaccess, OKCupid, Plentyoffish, alt.com, bondage.com, collarme.com, and a few others I can't even remember anymore. The pattern repeats itself. Prostitutes/callgirls/dominatrix's, and men looking for sex. Virtually no women. The few that I did contact, it was clear that they didn't really like the idea, but were trying to appear willing to put up with it probably because they were such wretched souls that no other man would want them. One was a drug addict who seemed to be making things up as she went along in discussion, the other, a bipolar alcoholic. neither was in the least bit attractive physically. Out of curiosity, I did visit one of the dominatrixes. She was quite nice, after I had explained my situation. But she was strictly professional about it, and insisted that if I wanted to continue to see her, I would have to be one of her slaves, and in addition, it would cost me $1000 a month. And, there would be no physical contact with her.
    So the odds of finding someone in the online dating world seem on par with winning the lottery; virtually impossible if you state the crossdressing up front. After 15 years of that, I decided that I would simply have to try another way if I was to ever date again at all. So it's back to the drawing board. I quit actively crossdressing last may. Since then, I've gone out with a few women, but so far, there's no one I really get along with, and that doesn't even include the crossdressing issue. I'd forgotten how difficult it was to meet a good woman. I did study all the dating tricks for the past ten or so years, read all the dating guru books and videos. Still, it's very difficult. It's become much easier to meet women, but meeting one you want to date? That is still difficult. And even then, the crossdressing 'demon' still has to be dealt with.
    The bottom line is, of the few women out there in the world that are attracted to crossdressers, they know what a rare person they are and have their pick of the most financially successful crossdressers out there. For the average crossdresser, well, the odds are we'll be alone for the rest of our lives. It's a bleak outlook. There is nowhere to look. The only online crossdresser dating site is inhabited nearly entirely by men. And as all the men list themselves as female, you can't search the profiles for women, as a search will show about 400 males in that search for every GG. Then you have the fake profiles, to get guys like us to pay for the membership so we can try to contact those GG's. Until you pay for your membership, you will get messages of interest supposedly from some quite attractive GG's who have a profile up on the site. But you can't respond to them unless you're a paying member. So, you pay up, and write back to those women that you got a message from. Then.....either they never respond, or say that they never wrote to you in the first place. If you do search for GG's, and write to them, you either get no answer or a polite 'no thanks'. Most of the GG profiles go up and come down with regularity. I finally spotted a ringer, a profile with a picture that I was sure I'd seen before. Sure enough, it was a stock photo used in another advertisement.

Edit: I think it was about four or five years ago, there was a group of predators hunting us. A crossdresser was contacted online, I can't remember for sure if it was match or POF. But a woman contacted him, and when he went to meet her, her friends yelled at him that he was a pervert and then proceeded to beat him up so badly that he wound up in intensive care. It wound up in the news.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 11-28-2013 at 06:37 AM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

sometimes_miss, I so appreciate your frank outlook on this...after reading everyone's posts, I think I will leave the crossdressing aspect out of my dating profile...
    Some boys just can't help acting like girls...

My pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mayatoronto/

After reading the post from sometimes_miss it sounds like meeting women in the real world is a better way to go. I have trust issues either way at this point in my life.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Sometimes Miss, It is sad, but, unfortunately true, that in our great country, it is almost impossible to meet a right GG. No wonder so many men got to the Philippines, or Russia, or Eastern Europe, to find loving mates. I am 59, and have about thrown in the towell, as far as dating, and marriage goes. I am poor, and have little to offer an American woman, too. Wasn't there a song back in the late 1960's, :American Woman " "stay away from Mee hee." I have been on a lot o personal ads, including one for CD's, without a date for years, other than several male admirers. I don't know how a nation can go on, when relationships and love, even without the dressing issue, seem impossible to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    My advice is let it be known from the beginning that you are TG or a CD that just likes to dress.
    That way no surprises down the road.
    I totally agree. This way you do not even hear from the ones that are completely non-accepting and waste both of your time meeting and dating....

I personally don't. I feel like there's too much of a negative stigma for us and I rather avoid that. I would love to learn about someone being successful so i might want to follow in their footsteps. But i find casual dating places like at http://www.freedatinghelper.com/reviews/blacktryst/ are more open and understanding.
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 12-16-2013 at 06:20 AM. Reason: There is no need to quote the OP.

I have decided that I am going to try and face up to that side of me. I have had little to no success in the dating world and am way beyond sick of it. What I have been doing sure as hell is not working and so I have to do something about it. On a new site that I have joined, they ask for a private disclosure and I put on there about "frocking up" and knowing how hard it is to walk in heels. I have had one response so far and she may not have read my whole profile, I'm not sure. If it works out, she is pretty much the same size as me so that would be a bonus.
    I have recently gotten to know a new GG friend and she has been great and very supportive and makes me feel good about myself and I found out tonight that I am well and truly in "Friendsville" with her. I am her "androgynous friend" as opposed to a guy or a girl. I have invested too much of myself emotionally with her and while her friendship is great, I was hoping for much more.
    As for the posters original question, I have disclosed it and we'll see what happens. My brother in law told me I should not mention it and that I should try and deny my feelings of being a crossdresser if I want to have any hope of meeting someone. He means well but just doesn't understand that denying feelings can be unhealthy for you too

I am married and have no intentions of being unfaithfull but to my horror by getting rid of a pop up I found my Jessica picture posted on a dating site...obviously there was no profile but it took basic details from my facebook page saying I was a man looking for a woman ...with me dressed to the 9's...!!...the first I knew about it was I received this strange post from a woman asking me "flowers or chocolate"? which I actually thought was a lovely approach and had I not been happily married I surely would have responded...but I am happily married and got of the site as quick as my fingers could type....!!

I know being secrative is not nice and causes pain I am bloody sure that I would not have 20 years of marriage and 3 cute as children to my name if I had opened up, it was painfull when it came out fully but sometimes honesty is not always the best policy...the right one yes but not always the best outcome.