Thread: Dating. Finding the GG who loves us for who we are...Is it possible

Dating. Finding the GG who loves us for who we are...Is it possible

Hello everyone,
    I was wondering if there was any advice for finding significant others who love someone who is TG/TS for who they are. I have realized and I am very happy that I am very much a girly girl and always will be. I love lace and frills,wearing pretty dresses and the way I look with my hair long and just a little make up. If there any tips for finding a girl who not only accepts that part of us, but also enjoys it. I know it is like looking for the holy grail, but I will not give up hope. It only takes one right?
    Sarah

Im not sure there is anything other way than feeling out the situation with someone and communicating and having a lot a patience and to know if someone is going to be OK with it. I spent half of my life looking but I finally found my holy grail.

Gold Member
    Yes, I spent 15 years looking for that one girl; I found her and married her.
    We where the happiest couple in the world; for over 19 years. Even friends and family said
    we where the best couple they new. The good Lord called her to be in Heaven last April.
    So now I look again; I dough I could get so lucky twice in one lifetime.
    Rader

I am not sure how to find a SO who accepts you as a TG/TS. I know that my SO accepts who I am and loves me despite the fact that I am a CD. However, that statement also makes clear that she would prefer that I wasn't a CD.

My tip is to find someone who loves you and work from there. I guess I wouldn't go out off my way to someone who is only looking for a TS/TG, but someone who is looking for a relationship.

I wish I knew the answers.. I have to believe that because of the internet, G.G.'s will soon understand that we are just a little below normal but nothing extreme.. The media exposure has pretty much placed a unfavorable mark onto us ,we are not all perverts or serial killers..

I think we are mis understood by G.G.'s more than anything not all of us want to be women many of us are great fathers who got a bad deal from being mis understood.. I can understand how a G.G. would feel having a dresser as a S.O. I am not so sure ( because I have an attraction to feminine) that if the roles were reversed I would date a cding G.G...
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    I know from experience its hard to find a GG that is attracted to a guy that is a size 6 and has b cups.

Great posts girls. It really gives me hope.Candice Mae I am jealous. I am a size 8 and an A cup working on a B cup.LOL
    Sarah

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I believe what they say is true. "There is someone for everyone".

The difficult part is finding her among the billions on the planet. Especially, when so many seem like that one. For 10 years. Or 3 years. Or 3 months. Or one weekend!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I wasn't dating. I wasn't even looking. We found one another by pure chance. It's possible, and it will happen when you least expect it. There are loving and accepting women out there. But you can't have mine, she's spoken for.

Gold Member
    I started dating a GG recently. Two dates and I also spent thanksgiving with her.
    We are still getting to know each other. I am not sure what attracted her to me but it isn't important. My hope is that we will be dating for some time.

You never know where something will lead. The thing to do is get out there and start flirting. Maybe even cruise the dating sites a bit.

I know how hard it can be, I was alone for four years. I thought I would never find anyone but I realized I need to get off my ass and LOOK. I did have a couple dead-end dates but that is part of the process.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Yep they are out there.
    It is not good to act too weird or have what are considered weird traits early in a relationship.
    Honesty does come, but a little later.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I like what Always said. Look for the right person first, and if she loves you then your chances are pretty good. I just dressed in front of my SO for the first time, and though she wasn't completely into it, she told me to do it again for her and she would get used to it. We have been together 3 years and I thought that would be her reaction. Good luck.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    They say there is someone for everyone. Now I just wish they would turn over the list so I can give her a call. Either that or somehow I wasnt put on the list. I was never very good at meeting girls in the first place, probably I was to embarrased or ashamed of who I am. I havent a clue how to find an accepting gg more or less the one for me. I guess if one day it happens great but Im not holding my breath thats for sure.
    Erica

You might try looking at LGBT clubs and events, making new friends who have other open minded friends. We are not alone. Good luck sweetie.
    Love Kristy

Silver Member
    Plausible, yes. Really likely, no. If you have other things going for you, just like a cis male trying to date a woman, it really helps to have things (most) women are attracted to (are handsome, make lots of money, have a prestigious job, drive a nice car etc.) Still, I wouldn't hold my breath.

I think I just lucked out with my SO. I never brought up that I was a CD while we dated. But, one day shortly after we were married were were sitting and talking, and it got serious. I hadn't CDed since we were married, and was getting to me. So, one thing led to another, and I just told that I liked to wear women's clothes. Her reaction was just a big smile. We talked more, and my dressing became a part of our life, and still is 40+ years later. Now, she may have been open to my dressing, because of her background in dance and the theater. She had a number of gay friends, and was accepting of any life style. So, maybe I got one in amillion.
    Hugs,

Teddie

There are many types of relationships so yes it is possible , my only advise I would say ( although some will not agree with this) is that when you do find this special person you need to tread them special and put them first most of the time and hope that if they know they are special to you then you will become special to them and then you get a happy balance .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Attend a UU church regularly as yourself. Plenty of open minded people there. Best mainstream lead that I can give....
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    Yep they are out there.
    It is not good to act too weird or have what are considered weird traits early in a relationship.
    Honesty does come, but a little later.
    For once, I disagree with you Beverley. Yes, it's probably not wise to show up on a first date en femme, but I think it's better to be honest as soon as possible, especially with a trait/preference/drive that is so misunderstood and has implications for the GG (am I not woman enough for him? etc). If you let the GG know upfront about CDing, it gives her the opportunity to do research, wrap her head around it to some extent, and decide if she's open minded enough to want to meet you. After all, you would want someone open-minded and accepting, right?

This is the path my SO chose, and it worked.
    Susan GG

Wish I could offer advice, but I can only wish you all the best in your search. My wife and I have been together for a very long time. For almost all of our years together she has known and supported my CD-ing. It has simply never been an issue. Sharing that part of me with her is really all I have ever needed and I can't even imagine not having that support. Likewise, I wouldn't know where or how to begin looking if I lost my wife. Good luck in your search.

It's not as rare as you may presuppose. IMO theres's plenty of GG's who raelly really like us. Thing is, DON'T compromise yourself, falling for one who doesn't totally accept YOU..

Be strong. Have patience. And when you least expect it, there will come before you a girl who really see's more good, than bad. More value, than lack. More love, than disdain. This world is a VERY varied place. All kinds of people populate it.

Yeah, we're a minority, but no, don't let that get you down. It may take a little longer than the 'average' person. But if you hold fast. Deal with your loneliness. You shall find your GG soulmate. And when you do? Love her forever and never ever let her get away. She loves you True. Do the same and keep your eyes fixed on her. Only HER. Whether in a restaurant. In a bar or club. Only and always make Her THE center of focus. Your entire Universe. Because you know she is Yours!

Thus shall you find your life-long happiness. At night, with your arms around only Her. You'll sleep in peace. Guaranteed. It's worth it. SHE is worth it all your long life through. Amen.

I've never come across anyone. As a matter of fact, I lost a GF once when I told her I was a crossdresser, way back in high school. If you figure out a sure fire way to meet GGs that are accepting, please me know, because I'd like to give it a try.