Thread: Coming to a little of a realization

Coming to a little of a realization

When seriously thinking about whether I am a crossdresser or a transsexual what I continue coming back to is I don't hate being a guy. I don't neccesarily feel like I am a girl. I guess you can say I am just wanting to feel feminine. I think in an ideal situation would be to be able to dress up and live as a girl on weekends only. But I want to be able to look good as a girl. I am bi and want to get a guy so I want to be able to experience that. All of this is so confusing to me..

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Julia hon we all have some of these different aspects of our fem side. Like you I love being a guy but also enjoy dressing pretty and just love women's clothes.

I think it's great you accept yourself for the way you are! I think that's a big step to ending the confusing part you have!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Julia, we all tend to approach our femininity differently. What matters is that you accept who and what you are, and face it without fear. Live as a girl on the weekends, if that's what you feel like doing, and enjoy it!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    It's really quite simple when u figure out the rules, Julia. First, there R no set rules!

Most of us r men. We have this fantasy that we look like, feel like, or r, women. Some of us want those fantasy things so badly, we'll do anything to live our dream!

Once u separate your reality from your fantasy, you'll find your way.

BTW, don't confuse your gender issues with your sexual orientation. That's a completely different issue u need to figure out.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

So whats stopping you from the weekend girl thing and getting a guy?
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

The important thing is that you are doing it for yourself and not trying to be someone else just to please another person.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I rather like being a guy, but I also like the softer side of life. I can build or fix all sorts of things but I enjoy sitting with my wife and watching a chick flick. What I get tired of being a guy is trying to live up to the male stereotype of what we should be. I want to be more of a complete person and to do that I have to break those rules and become "feminine". So, that's what I do whenever I can.

You don't have to call yourself any particular thing, you can be whatever you want to be and whatever your situation allows you to be. Most of us can't be a guy during the week and a female on weekends because of family and job situations. You would have to live somewhere else for your "girl" time but you might still have to come home and be a guy at times. Also, some of the things you have to do to look good as a girl (shaving body hair and eyebrows) might cause you problems in your male presentation.

As far as getting a guy and experiencing that, well you don't have the equipment to experience it the way it is meant to be experienced.

I think you need to think all this stuff through before you do anything you might regret later. You will eventually figure it out.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

YMMV
    the only way to answer your questions and quell the fears is to have experiences. You're really young, still a teenager. The question isn't so much do you enjoy being a guy today because how can you honestly answer what you don't have any idea of what the alternative is like (being do you enjoy having a man in real life, do you enjoy being perceived as a woman in real life).

The real question is as you live your life through your twenties do you want to keep building a guys life or a females life, or are you strong enough to take the path less traveled and find something in between?

You can't think yourself through these kinds of questions. Make safe choices and have experiences. Then process the feelings that you have and learn who you are.

Good luck!
    Last edited by mary something; 12-04-2013 at 08:30 PM.
    "In our lives, change is unavoidable, loss is unavoidable. In the adaptability and ease with which we experience change, lies our happiness and freedom."

"My actual gender identity emerged as I healed from the scars of childhood not because of those scars" - Kelly J

Julia, you are you plain and simple, no need to put a label on it. I like being a guy but I love feeling pretty.

Well, there are part-time crossdressers (I'm one), but I have never heard of a part-time transsexual.
    I'm not one of those "I hate labels" people. Labels are useful, but there may not a label for every mix of sex, sexual identity, sexual preference, gender identity or gender presentation. So here goes: it sounds to me like you are OK with being a guy, one with a strong feminine identity who likes to dress to express that feminine identity when you can, and when you do, you want to look good as a girl, and experience the sexual aspects of it, too.

To put a label on you.
    Part time cross dresser maybe.
    Transsexual is not a part time activity.
    You need to examine your social position in life.
    Then the confusion will diminish.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.