Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'll never want to be called a sissy

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar

Unhappy I'll never want to be called a sissy

When I was young, preteen, I was often called names, and sissy was the worst one. I've always been very small and thin, feminine also to be honest, so naturally all the bullies and air heads felt it was their duty to degrade me. So when I see someone here calling themselves a sissy, I guess I'm confused.

Does anyone else here hate being called a sissy?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

I didn't like it when I was a skinny kid but I don't mind now.

I don't have a strong feeling abut it either way, but I think it's a fetish. Not sure if it's common in CDers or not, but some people like to get degraded.

Banned Read only
    Oh, I was teased, bullied, harassed so much in school. No, I never did like being called that. I felt so lost, sad, afraid, alone, miserable. I guess there are a million words to describe how I felt, non of them were happy.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by MarciManseau View Post
    ...Does anyone else here hate being called a sissy?
    I have never been called that but it has a very negative connotation when applied externally. For those that use the term her to describe themselves, there must be some alternate meaning or feeling that comes with it.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I'm with you on this one, with my history it has a negative connotation also.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I don't mind it, sometimes my wife will call me her little sissy boy. It all depends on when and how it is said. Being called sissy during "play-time" is a turn on for me, I'm sure others feel the same way. I wouldn't mind having a pink sissy maid uniform to wear every once in a while. If a stranger calls me a sissy in a demeaning manner then that's different, then I might have to show them that I'm all man underneath this dress. Not by flashing but by standing up for myself and if need be, fight if I have to, I come from Hudson Cty NJ, I can fight, I grew up fighting almost everyday.
    Last edited by Majella St Gerard; 12-06-2013 at 11:51 AM.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    For me to be called a sissy would be used in fetish play. The word invokes a feeling of inferiority and submissiveness. However as a general rule I don't want to be called that. If I'm dressed Leigh would be the name I want to be called and on male mode well won't say the name here but you know what I mean .

Nah, I'm not a "sissy" I just like to dress like one. Anyone got a problem with that?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Panty-waist is another word almost as bad, maybe worse.

Sissy can be a lifestyle for some, or for others like me who think it's just a dressing style. I don't have a sissy dress, but I wish I did.
    Some people think that men with effeminate speech or mannerisms are sissies. That's just how some men are, and it doesn't necessarily point to any other crossing over of sexual or gender behavior norms. As with any unwanted name-calling, you can tell people you don't want to be called a sissy.
    So, sissy is a legitimate word that properly describes those who act or dress a certain way, and it should not be banned. If I had that sissy dress I wish I had, I wouldn't object to being called a sissy when wearing it.

Platinum Member
    I didn't like being teased for effeminate interests or mannerisms....but at 6'2" and 230, I haven't heard that word applied.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Funny how many dressers brag about being sissies on the web. The word doesn't appeal to me. I'm not one. Altho I wish Sherry was. Sadly, she's far from being able to act like a sissy!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hi Marci, I have seen a lot about the sissy sub culture, it is not for me. I usually say to each their own, but I do not like people thinking that I am a sissy. It is more of a fetish, but something that I do not like, it runs the line between forced feminization, which I do not agree with because no one can force you to be anything you are not. I understand that men that claim to be sexually submissive sissy's find pleasure from the humiliation, but I have been humiliated enough growing up, so I wont let anyone have that power over me and refer to me as a sissy. LOL sorry girls this was my little rant I have been wanting to get this out for awhile.
    "Understanding is the first step toward acceptance." Albus Dumbledore

My father used to call me a sissy. I had a lot to live up to with him. When I was fifteen I was caught wearing my sister's clothes. My father and I had the 'talk' about me doing that. The word sissy was used quite a bit. I really wouldn't mind being called a sissy but then again that's just me.

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar
    Luckily for me, my father wasn't around to call me names. I'm sorry that your father felt that was the way to talk to you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I understand some like to be called that in a fetish way so for them thats fine.
    Here in Bubba land sissy means one thing and one thing only and its not something good.
    I never got the submissive or degrading thing as a fetish but I know its out there................way out there.
    I have been called a fag,homo,queer and called the bruiser out but he backed off when he saw I wasn't afraid of him.
    If he had called me a sissy I may have popped him in the nose right in the store.
    I don't care for the term sissy applied to me personally.

I was called other names when I was a kid, bit "sissy" wasn't a name I got called. I always, and still project a masculine persona when I am not dressed. However, I am fine with Nancy being referred to as a sissy, as I find it such a "dirly" term.. But, for me it would depend on who is using it and their tone. For my SO to use the term would be a playful tease, and for any Trans person to call me a sissy I would take as a term of endearment. Nancy

as far as i can tell it is a fetish term , they like the humilliate and made to do things (cleaning ,house and wife-so ), also it is extreme feminization and mostly on the extreme pink side -i don't get it . cant stand it in stories and hate that we are lumped in with them when conservitives say crossdresser's are like this

just the extreme end of the spectrum
    I like my femself; it makes me feel more civilized, i think girltime should be a requirment for all kids.

Aspiring Member
    You call me a sissy and you better expect a solid punch to your nose. Nothing personal, it's just a natural reflex.

"Does this petticoat make me look like a sissy?"
    "No ma'am."

I have the same problems as you had when younger.
    It is used as a fetish term these days but young children use the term to the same effect as it was used years ago.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

YMMV
    I wonder if the people that do enjoy being called sissy or being humiliated do so because of past experiences from childhood or whatever? No judgement here, it's just a word, it's more the attitude of someone than the words that would bother me
    "In our lives, change is unavoidable, loss is unavoidable. In the adaptability and ease with which we experience change, lies our happiness and freedom."

"My actual gender identity emerged as I healed from the scars of childhood not because of those scars" - Kelly J

Being a sissy ain't for sissies.

For me, I evaluate any term (including sissy), by the intent of the person who uses the words, my daughters use it with love and affection, other people (in my school days) I've bashed up for using the same word
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Even though I was small and skinny, I was never called a sissy. Never liked the term, till one of the girls told me to google The Sissy Store when we were talking about cute little girlie dresses. Now I wish I had a few of them to wear around the house. Now I not only don't mind the term, but would love to look like one, all dolled up. Other than that, I'd like to kick anyone's ass who called me one.
    After searching my lingerie drawers, I have come to the conclusion that they lied. Ruffles don't have ridges. At least mine don't.