Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: When You Dress, do you feel empowered or submissive?

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    The only other person I have been around when dressed is my wife and I do feel more submissive. This probably comes from my 50's mentality, the 50's housewife always was the submissive partner. Of course I long to be that person in my next life.....But, prior to my retirement when dressed on "headquarters days" at home conducting business, I seemed to gain power and acted empowered, more to the point as many of my female associates might act. Being myself, male mode, I was much more of a push over in negotiations and more wiling to settle, when dressed I seemed to be more ruthless, more focused, more apt to go for the juggler. Crazy how we act when dressed !
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Definitely submissive. This is a part of my personality and has nothing to do with how I am dressed.

Julie Ma'am!
    Definitely submissive but I become much more confident in my receptiveness en femme. I have an easier time bringing out my girly girl side around men when dressed too.

Love this thread! I feel definitely empowered. Claire does things and gets things done that I would not do when en drab (and I don't mean sex.) I'm more confident and more me. It's interesting that more I'm me, the more confident I feel when I'm not en femme.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

With regard to people, I definitely become more submissive when dressed. But, with regard to situations, I become more empowered. There are things that I will easily do when dressed that I would never even think of doing while not dressed.

Depends on my plans for the evening...and if I am going to the dungeon
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Can't say I've ever noticed any change wrt being submisive. I'm just little old me. I do feel more content & happy though.

This is just my opinion, and you take my opinion and $0.25 and you still can't buy a decent cup of coffee, but I just wonder.....how can someone, like myself, who is closeted, be able to determine if they are submissive or empowered when dressed, when by definition of being closeted, they aren't around anyone when dressed? I am thinking that in order to be able to make the determination of being empowered or submissive, you need someone to compare yourself to while you are dressed. Am I right? Just asking.

Quote Originally Posted by cdintraining25 View Post
    Definitely submissive but I become much more confident in my receptiveness en femme. I have an easier time bringing out my girly girl side around men when dressed too.
    this is a really good way of putting it... I feel much less inhibited and more powerful in my expression of submissiveness. so, the best of both worlds!

Submissive, but I don't know that is any different than in male mode

It depends on who I'm talking to. I like to take on the submissive role when talking to men, and often with females, too. But when I'm dressed and I'm talking about my life outside of dressing, or my history with dressing, and how I feel about it, rather than filling a role, I feel very empowered. That's the wonderful thing about crossdressingfor me: it is the empowering action of donning a submissive role.

Empowered like being an unstoppable force!

Very submissive,love being watched

soooo submissive

Empowered! It's the only time I really feel comfortable in my skin... I feel like I can do anything

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    Depends on what im wearing. Some things make me feel empowered, while others make we wish to be dominated a little. Although my dressing no longer has the sexual leanings it on cd did.
    "These aren't 'women's clothes'. These are my clothes. I bought them with my own money."
    Eddie Izzard

I'm flipping genders, what's your super power?!?!

Please visit my wordpress blog: http://southerncrossdresser.wordpress.com

It all depends on mood ....normally actually always as a man I am very dominant and she is submissive .....but if another female is involved my wife likes to take on the dominant role .....though I am strictly againt being submissive as a man with her ......but when I am en femme to my surprise I very much enjoy being submissive ..... I am enpowered though if I go out ......very strange I think and my wife and I even brought it up to her and she was as intrigued with this whole role reversal as I was ...... And like I said it all depends on mood or role lol

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    Like Miss Ali above said... "It depends on mood", As a male, Im nothing but Dominant, and enjoy the realms of kink as much as the next person. As Beth, I am empowered by the ability to be submissive if I choose to be.
    (Formerly known everywhere as Lady Zarabeth

Definitely submissive.

One more step... outside! Francine's Avatar
    As 'Francine' a bit submissive, definitely.. but don't get my red-hair fired up...
    Francine
    "Flatter me, and I may not believe you.
    Critisize me and I may not like you.
    Ignore me and I may not forgive you.
    Encourage me ... and I will never forget you!"

Banned Read only
    Hmmmmm

submissive is preferred...

Yep... interesting.. mostly all submissive..

Vanny

God(dess) of Mischief Brea Lynn's Avatar
    I wouldn't say I'm more submissive, but definitely more receptive and more able to emote. When I'm in "guy mode" I'm very withdrawn, in terms of emotions, only able to put a few out on the table, so to speak. When in "girl mode" I'm able to express myself more, which my SO actually likes, which I think helps her be so supportive.

Not only submissive, but I have a major damsel in distress fantasy when dressed up!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I would have to say very submissive. I'm not dominant either way, but yes when dressed i'm even more passive.

I'd never thought about that, why is it that I feel very submissive when dressed. But tend to have more dominant tendencies when in drab, interesting thread.