Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is it possible to live a double life?

YMMV
    I agree with the posters above. A double life is no life at all, but it is also very telling to me that you feel it is something you want to do. To me that means your current life is not emotionally satisfying to you?

Find a therapist to talk to, figure out what YOU want. Make it happen at an early age in life and you'll be happier in the long run.

Sitting around and making up fantasies that are impossible might help whatever you're feeling a little bit right now but it is not a way of living a life and being fulfilled OR happy.
    "In our lives, change is unavoidable, loss is unavoidable. In the adaptability and ease with which we experience change, lies our happiness and freedom."

"My actual gender identity emerged as I healed from the scars of childhood not because of those scars" - Kelly J

Quote Originally Posted by Candice Mae View Post
    If you to take HRT eventually people will notice, your body changing. It will be gradual but when your growing breasts, getting a more feminine shape and face people will start asking questions. Until you are sure of who you are just stick to CDing, HRT is not something to take lightly it will majorly change your life.

I have to wear a tight sports bra and baggy clothes to hide my body, and I still look like a small guy with some humps and curves in the wrong places.
    Do you have any pics i can compare boy and girl version? Why do you dress up like a boy sometimes?

Also my current situation is i've recently moved back home and been saving a lot more money. I used to pay about $1200 a month where i lived and now im renting it out for $1600 getting a $400 profit. I saw a few bachelor pads in LGBT friendly places renting for $600 that are far enough where I won't know anyone.

The reason I'm looking for part time living as a women is because I don't think I'm ready to let the world know. However I plan to live as a women for about at least 90% of the time. Most of the time I'm hoping to live as a women.

Currently I work from home so I can live anywhere, but sometimes I have to go to meetings in the city and I work in a a place where 99% of the people are men, and for me to one day come in dressed up with a women would raise a lot of un needed drama and question, potential lost of respect. As you know, men in general are usually pigs, and have no respect for women, most of them at least and based on the jokes I hear them, they don't have respect for LGBT people either, but more so gay men. Though I don't consider myself gay, but a women trapped in a man's body and is bi.

What I'm hoping to get from the HRT M2F treatment is fat being stored on my hips instead of my stomach(can anyone confirm if this is true), softer skin and small breast development. Having my face change to look more fem is something i question. How can it do that as it can not change bone structure? in what way will it be noticeable? I also wonder and on breast development and what does it really do? does it just make it more perky? I've seen a few pics with TG that went throught HRT and that's what I can see from it. They say women can wear mens clothing but men can't wear women clothing because it looks weird. I want to correct that with potentially HRT.

Out of curiosity, how much is HRT in Canada? Toronto to be more exact? And how long do you have to take it? what happens if you stop taking it? side effects? will I go back looking more like a man? I see people showing videos of 7 year long processes.

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    Why do I dress up as a guy? Well unfortunately I am a GM (genetic male) and some things are just easier to do as my male self since I still am male in a legal sense. As for pictures I will not post a picture of my male self, but if you want to see my female self I have a link to a you tube video in my signature below.

HRT will not move fat, it will just change the way your body distributes it. If you gain weight you will gain it in the areas a woman would, if you lose it you will notice it in your waist, upper body, stomach, and then from your hips and chest.

If you stop taking HRT the effects depend on how long you were taking it for, but in general you will loose some breast development and you will regain male fat and muscle distribution.

Also hormones are not something to fool around with, please do not self medicate as that can lead to serious health problems. This is due to incorrect dosage and the inferior non-prescription hormones.

Although HRT is a slow process no matter how you hard you try to hide it people will notice the changes. After probably a year you will be unable to hide that you are take HRT so your "secret" will be out eventually it is only a matter of time.

As for cost it all depends on what Ontario's provincial and Canada's federal health care deal with HRT.

Also that your sub renter is paying $400 more then you are is mind boggling and would be something I would count on for long term. If the $1200 was your mortgage payment then your renting it out for $1600 makes sense, however since you moved back home it shows finance is a problems. I'm no financial advisor but getting a bachelor apartment to live a second life when you had to move back home because you couldn't afford your first place doesn't make sense. Also a second wardrobe is not cheap either...
    Last edited by Candice Mae; 12-16-2013 at 02:01 AM.

Your whole idea is a fantasy. If you are serious about it the things you are looking far are not going to work out the way you hope..

The fat redistribution is unpredictable...it may barely happen at all.. and for it to happen you need to get all the testosterone out of your body
    ... transsexuals have found that fat redistributes much more after srs..

Also, the reality is that many (Most? can't tell without a pic) people will know you are not a genetic female...everyone in your "male life" will notice if there is any feminization...just consider your eyebrows...you'll either have to make them femme or not..

Also as Candice points out, your finances will be very stressed....especially when you consider ALL of the costs...

By coming up with this fantasy I would speculate you are avoiding your real issue, whatever that is. ...you won't get any more or less respect in a 2nd place.

it's very common to wonder about this btw...but I do think its a disservice to you to not point out that this idea has zero chance of ever happening in a way that would improve your life right and meet your expectations...

enjoy your life.. ..the good news is that you can live your own life...but there is a better way...get some therapy to really understand what you are and what you want from life...and then do what it takes to get what you want..