Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: outed by this site??

outed by this site??

Hello, has anyone ever been outed by this site? I have really stepped up my dressing and makeup lately. And I want to share what I look like with someone besides my supportive SO. BUT I am scared to death of being outed by a face pic.

post in "picture and video gallery" tried to search my picture i just shared there and couldn't find it. not brave enough for face yet.
    used search engine for this forum and found my avatar in a thread. 5th page or so, and mikell is the name of NFL player. but you probably know that, from your area. so it gets pushed back.
    if your SO accepts is it that big a deal. has she known all along, family know, friends know ???

I have yet to share with SO...but i would still like it private.
    Last edited by mykell; 12-07-2013 at 08:50 AM. Reason: added
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

I flit around the net with wild abandon. One of my regular sites is a forum where a few people have "known" each other a long time. From my time in tech, I know webmasters and admins can see where a person "comes from", and since I have come directly from this site when I'm not being careful, there is no question somebody (or more) knows one of their members is a regular here.
    Last edited by Anneliese; 12-07-2013 at 07:00 AM.

Anyone who we know who would see us on this site would have to also explain why they were here. The "pot" can't call the "kettle" black with impunity.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    I would not worry, so long as your pics are in the gallery. I have googled my name here a number of times without running into any incriminating images of early aircraft or Robert Redford.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Been here 8 years now and never had a problem.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Hmmm, 'outed' ??? Not to my knowledge. However there have been members who have left the page open on their computer, or left the history on their computers and spouses and so's have found them that way. if you have a first and last name like yours and mine you can do a computer search by name. Just remember the number one rule of the internet , don't post anything you would not shout in a crowded room of friends and strangers.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

I can't speak to this site since I am relatively new here. However, being fairly paranoid about such matters, my best guess is you shouldn't have too much to worry about. Just be very selective about what you share.

Anything you post on the Internet, be it words or pictures is out of your control once you post it. Anyone with access here can copy it and repost it or print it. Although it's against the rules, many members allow others to use their passwords or leave a computer up and running and logged into this site.

Anyone can join this forum and eventually gain access to the photo section. Nobody comes to your house to make sure you are who and what you say you are. And even if you delete your photos, they are still on a backup system somewhere and there's no guarantee that someone hasn't copied them for their own use as I posted above. It's also possible to find yourself in a situation where you are unable to delete your photos.

The bottom line is, if having someone see pictures of you dressed as a female would embarass you or cause you problems, it's best not to post them or at least make sure you can't be recognized.
    Last edited by linda allen; 12-07-2013 at 09:36 AM.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Banned Read only
    If you don't want to be "outed" just keep your face off the site. That's what I do.

the NSA probably knows all but do they care?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Quote Originally Posted by Sallee View Post
    the NSA probably knows all but do they care?
    They do know Sallee and they don't care.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Holy Moly! I just did a Bing search for Carla Westin. Wow!

Here

(turn safesearch off)
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I haven't been outed by this site (I don't have a picture up yet anyway), but I was outed a few years back by Yahoo360 when it was still around. Lost my job because of it, too.

I have been outed by disgruntled banned members from this site on their blogs, their websites, youtube etc.... and guess what folks, I'm still alive and kicking You can post in the gallery, only members have access to that section, you can put a profile picture up (not an avatar that's on your posts), only members can see that.

All I can say, if you're outed for any reason at all from pictures, you pretty much only have yourself to blame for putting them online in the first place, it's what you do after the fact
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Hmm...I wonder how many people would recognize us in girl mode?

Gold Member
    Seeing how my security clearance has been updated long after I got on here, I think it is a wash with the NSA. You can be careful about posting things in this particular forum and others that don't need a password to read. But you are pretty safe. Do you work with anyone that you suspect reads crossdressing forums just to see who they might catch?

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post

Here
    Carla, I wish I looked like the other Sue Leightons that come up in a search.
    Last edited by PretzelGirl; 12-07-2013 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post

Here

(turn safesearch off)
    Looks like only the first two are actually Carla Westin. The rest seem to reference just Carla or Westin, rather than both. A better search would be searching the web with Carla Westin in quotes, rather than images, where quotes are ignored.

WhitePages says only: 2 people named Carla Westin in the US
    Last edited by LelaK; 12-07-2013 at 01:01 PM.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

I just typed into Google ‘Suzy1 crossdresser’ and I’m not there but another member with a different name to me is.

I am gutted

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Desirae View Post
    .........I was outed a few years back by Yahoo360 when it was still around. Lost my job because of it, too.
    There's certainly a story behind that comment.

If I was outed for any reason I just don't think there would be any noticeable impact. The HR department where I'm employed is so suffocated by political correctness and diversity they would probably make sure I walked on red carpets and rose petals lest I file a discrimination complaint. To everyone else that might have issue with it, including family, they can go pound sand.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

If you’re not a forum member you only have access to four forums, Male to Female Crossdressing, Transmasculine, Transsexual Forum, and Upcoming Events; notice that the Picture and Video Gallery isn’t one of them. Keep your Avatar such that no one would recognize you from it and you should be relatively safe posting to the Picture and Video Gallery unless you are afraid that another member here is going to “out” you. How many members here do you suppose know your real identity?
    Babs

Carla......yeah, there's already another thread on it which I started a few weeks ago.

Like playing cards.
    Internet activity starts at the ip address.
    Cookies out you just as easily as Facebook, twitter and all social sites.
    I bare my soul here to a certain extent and if you can put the pieces together so be it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbra P View Post
    Keep your Avatar such that no one would recognize you from it and you should be relatively safe
    Hence why I took down my avatar, and put up a generic one instead.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

Kind of like my take on Identity theft, you really want mine go for it!