Thread: A separate person or just me?

A separate person or just me?

Lately, Jenn has been demanding more of my life, but it's hard because I'm in the closet and do not live alone so I can't let her out often.

A couple of friends do know about her, and one friend in particular has been very supportive, treating Jenn as her own personality and stuff like that. There has been a lot of "Jenn wants this, Jenn likes that" kind of things being said.

When I'm dressed as Jenn, I certainly feel different, and there are different mental things going on-Jenn is more flexible in sexuality, Jenn wants to smoke (whereas I won't touch a cigarrette), she is more bold in her statements, and she has even said things about my personality in a bad way ("Oh, he needs to loosen up").

Now, I know I don't have MPD (or DID as I think it's called now), nor do I think I'm crazy, but is this a healthy way of expressing her? Or should I reign it in and keep myself to one personality?
    Just trying to find my place in the world

We think you have MPA (MP Assets as opposed to any form of MPD or DID).
    Either I like my MPAs, or I'm crazy (as in crazy nice, not crazy bad).

PS, only one of us likes "chick flicks", one likes building and car repairs etc,
    We time share the skinbag.

See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I've never heard of MPA. I shall have to look that up

Funnily enough, after a beer or two, I'm also more flexible in sexuality, I like to smoke more and I make bold statements. I wouldn't consider 'tipsy me' a completely separate person, just a slightly less restrained version of me (under the influence of alcohol). Could the rush and excitement of being 'en femme' have the same effect on a person? I guess so.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Jenn,

I would not get too hung up on this. What you are experiencing is quite common in that you are expressing a side that you have most likely kept supressed and Jenn offers the perfect conduit. You might feel as though Jenn is a different personality but you are one in the same. Now if you find yourself waking up with gaps of time missing dressed as Jen . . . then you might have an issue. Seriously though, you are fine, just experiencing what most of us have from time to time.

Hugs

Isha

Just you wait and see how life gets when Jenn takes over you male life completely. Just kidding no worries

It is fun and frustrating for now, trying to find where you are.
    Life will settle down and you will ask more relevant questions.
    While you are having fun with Jen, enjoy life as well as you can.
    Your feelings are quite normal among people like us.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Of course we all have another side to us, and Jenn is yours. Just keep Jenn happy and she will work with you in everyday life...remember, we are shaped from two different personalities and rolled into one!

Platinum Member
    Sound as though you give yourself permission to behave differently when you're presenting as female. That doesn't mean you have multiple personality disorder....just that you've lived as a repressed male and are escaping these constraints through the female persona.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I amalgamated my feelings under one umbrella because I learned early on "Whatever Lola wants, Lola gets" unless I hold the reins.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

IMHO, there is no reason to not let Jenn be Jenn. Many of us are different people when en femme.
    Hugs, Carole

Sorry Jenn, I've only just invented MPA,
    Non of my Personalities are a disorder, they are all assets that make up "the me" that everyone else sees
    My 3rd personality is very much an asset (he's been out to play 3 times in my life), but he is extremely hard for me to put back in the bottle once released
    Last edited by Rachelakld; 12-11-2013 at 02:12 AM.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    dont get me started on the vodka...lol !!!!

I believe we are all communities. We carry around different perspectives, different parts that contribute to the whole. Ever been in a situation where part of you wanted to run and another part wanted to stand up and confront the situation? The only difference with Jenn is that she has a name and you've spent more time thinking of her as her own person.

For me, I include both Emily and my male side. Are we separate people or "just me"? I think the answer is yes to both.

Simply strapping on a set of boobs cannot change who you are. You still have the same life experiences that made you who you are. Any pesonality change is just in your mind or you're acting out a part (as a female).

Alcohol or drugs, however, can temporarily change your personality. Usually for the worse.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I have always considered my fem side a separate person. Though I haven't always called her Lexi lol.
    I like it that's way for me it's a lot simpler that way. I can complete turn off one personality when I am in the other. And switch back and forth when the mood hits me.
    Ultimately I know it's all really just me but thinking of it as two people helps me rationalize the whole thing. And I like my guy side to be all guy and my girl side to be all girl( was as much as possible). I would want them to mingle. No one in my guy life knows about Lexi and no one I may encounter as Lexi will ever know my real identity. Kind of like an alter ego. Hmm like bat girl or something I guess. Oh well there my 2.5 cents.

People often get personalities confused with "bodies"

Yes we have 1 body.

To say that we only have 1 personality....
    is to say "in boy mode I prefer to wear jeans" and "in girl mode I prefer to wear jeans", or
    to say both boy mode and girl mode like SciFi movies.

Those who change from "l prefer SciFi" to "l prefer chick flick" do indeed have dual personalities.

For us, it's not putting a pair of boobs on that swaps personalities, more, we swap personalities and then try to match the body to look like our personality (put on boobs and wig etc)

I know there are some out there who do not experience these personality swaps, and I'm really envious of you.
    I imagine I could stop CDing tomorrow in that situation.

My life experiences are the same regardless as which personality is operating the skin bag, the interpretation to the experiences however are different.
    My daughter stays out late (an actual experience), my male self throws out her bedding for her to sleep rough, SWAP, my female self feels worried about her safety and tries to get in contact with her.

All my daughters know to play to my female self if they want something, as the male side has the compassion of a rock.

Again, for those who only have 1 personality, only like doing boy things OR only like girl things but never swap, I am envious of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelakld View Post
    People often get personalities confused with "bodies"

Yes we have 1 body.

To say that we only have 1 personality....
    is to say "in boy mode I prefer to wear jeans" and "in girl mode I prefer to wear jeans", or
    to say both boy mode and girl mode like SciFi movies.

Those who change from "l prefer SciFi" to "l prefer chick flick" do indeed have dual personalities.

For us, it's not putting a pair of boobs on that swaps personalities, more, we swap personalities and then try to match the body to look like our personality (put on boobs and wig etc)

I know there are some out there who do not experience these personality swaps, and I'm really envious of you.
    I imagine I could stop CDing tomorrow in that situation.

My life experiences are the same regardless as which personality is operating the skin bag, the interpretation to the experiences however are different.
    My daughter stays out late (an actual experience), my male self throws out her bedding for her to sleep rough, SWAP, my female self feels worried about her safety and tries to get in contact with her.

All my daughters know to play to my female self if they want something, as the male side has the compassion of a rock.

Again, for those who only have 1 personality, only like doing boy things OR only like girl things but never swap, I am envious of you.
    Yes, that's me (Jenn and my male personality) in a nutshell. Articulated perfectly. Thank you! So it's not "wrong" to refer to "myself" in third person manners when referring to the personality that is not currently "on"?